Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: New Saddle in Town  (Read 17485 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: New Saddle in Town
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2008, 11:12:41 AM »

Thanks very much.  I've become quite proud of it in the few months I've had it.  It is much more minimalist compared to the SEEG. But intentionally so.  Though that's a very relative when you consider how it starts and what it's compared to there.

Fortunately I've not had to nor chosen to do a great deal to this one. It got the seat.  Vast improvement in comfort and riding position with the looks being the added bennie.  Hung the factory alarm system on it too.  Rebuilt all the hydraulics, finished chroming out the stuff on the handlebars and took off the old worn out grips to use the SAC's that had had to come off the SEEG.  It also got the SEEGs old Progressive 440 rear shocks.  Throw in the windshield and that's about it.  With that it has become a very very nice riding machine whose looks I'm very pleased with.

Great now how about taking some pics like a guy who loves Road Glides would and posting them with no damn SEEGs  or trailers in the background  8)

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2008, 01:32:36 PM »

Great now how about taking some pics like a guy who loves Road Glides would and posting them with no damn SEEGs  or trailers in the background  8)

B B

ouch, felt my arm twisted there  :huepfenlol2:

RobertinArgyle

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »

Don-  That seat looks awesome!  I have always thought that my stock SERG seat was very comfortable- in fact it is the only motorcycle I have ever owned that didn't get a new Corbin right away.  So, your opinion is that the Corbin is a big improvement over the stock seat?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2008, 06:28:51 PM »

Don-  That seat looks awesome!  I have always thought that my stock SERG seat was very comfortable- in fact it is the only motorcycle I have ever owned that didn't get a new Corbin right away.  So, your opinion is that the Corbin is a big improvement over the stock seat?

Robert, I didn't hate the stock saddle.  In and of itself that's a big improvement over any other OE Harley saddle I've had.

It was ok for a couple of tank fulls.  After that shoulders and knees began to argue.  The butt was less of an issue than the riding position.  I was too far back from the pegs and too far back from the bars.

The new saddle not only is comfortable to sit on (maybe the best Corbin I've ever had right out of the box).  The seating position is just a home run.  Significantly different than the OE seat.  But at least for my arms and legs it's perfect.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2008, 06:33:55 PM »

Hey 2Lane, that's the 1st time I've ever heard of a Corbin sitting you closer to the controls over the stock seat (unless it was a Corbin ''close" model).  It really depends on the particular design, doesn't it?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »

Hey 2Lane, that's the 1st time I've ever heard of a Corbin sitting you closer to the controls over the stock seat (unless it was a Corbin ''close" model).  It really depends on the particular design, doesn't it?  :nixweiss: spyder

This one wasn't ordered as one of the close saddles Spyder.  The difference before/after on the SEEG in riding position itself wasn't nearly so dramatic.  Nor on the Road Kings or others before that.

The tan Road King seat and the black SEEG specific seat for the red bike have the pocket in almost exactly the same positions.  The black seat sits just a tiny bit higher than the tan one.  But very little.

The red seat for the SERG, however, is a good couple of inches closer to the bars and pegs compared to the stock seat.  It's also at least an inch higher.  Maybe more.  I was flat footed with both feet with the OE saddle.  Now I'm flat footed with one or just short of that with both.  It's not bad at all.  Just different.

Really is a significant difference in the riding position.  Fortunate that the differences were good.  It is also very much in line with what they told me to expect vis-a-vis riding position when speaking with them before the sale.  The one guy who seemed to know what he was talking about was very specific in that we were discussing SERG's though.  He emphasized that a couple of times.  So perhaps the SERG seat is markedly different there compared to a stock RG/EG seat?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2008, 08:21:25 PM »

It is also very much in line with what they told me to expect vis-a-vis riding position when speaking with them before the sale.  The one guy who seemed to know what he was talking about was very specific in that we were discussing SERG's though.  He emphasized that a couple of times.  So perhaps the SERG seat is markedly different there compared to a stock RG/EG seat?
Sounds like it.  I tried a Corbin stinger seat on my SEEG and it sat me so much further back that I would have to change bars to ride any distance at all.  Probably 3" or more.  You were lucky on this one.  :2vrolijk_21:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #142 on: June 26, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »

Sounds like it.  I tried a Corbin stinger seat on my SEEG and it sat me so much further back that I would have to change bars to ride any distance at all.  Probably 3" or more.  You were lucky on this one.  :2vrolijk_21:  har!  spyder

The fit and position being where they are was certainly lucky.  Had done the normal thing and waited on bars, pegs, and final windshield height until the seat was under me.  Can't adjust the others until you know where your ass is going to be.  Then the butt was in the right place and everything else is just fine.

The bars are a bit narrow but the front to back is great.  Windshield height is great using the screen I wanted to use.  And pegs didn't have to be changed a bit.  Don't think that's ever happened before.

Was expecting to order a close version of the seat to do what I wanted.  It was only the talk with the guy at Corbin who was familiar with the SE Road Glide that kept me from doing it.  A couple of extra homework calls confirming prior data paid off this time.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #143 on: June 26, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »

B B

ouch, felt my arm twisted there  :huepfenlol2:

Because I'd never want to disappoint my buddy Brian, and also because I'm still such a big whore where this Road Glide is concerned and will use about any excuse to show it off a bit, here are just a few more images.  Brian, Road Glide alone. Taking a little ride to dinner tonight stopped at a spot that affords some decent pics.  Just for you buddy.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #144 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:06 PM »

Giving everyone the bird.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #145 on: June 26, 2008, 10:58:48 PM »

Dammit, bad picture.  Sorry.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2008, 10:59:31 PM »

Almost done.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »

One more after this.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »

This is it.  Promise.  Last pictures showing off the old Road Glide.

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »

She's looking "Marvelous" Don, truly a labor of love.  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Now about those matching red boots?  :nixweiss:

:drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 24 queries.