Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Classic Solo for FXSTSSE2  (Read 4258 times)

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
Corbin Classic Solo for FXSTSSE2
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »

I'm having a heck of a time w/ Corbin and the Classic Solo Seat.   First one they sent me didn't fit; wrong seat.  Sent me one back for the Springer.  Still doesn't fit.  I can't get it to lock and there's a 1/2" gap between the rear of seat and the fender.  I can slide my fingers under the seat in the rear.

Anyone else order and install the Classic Solo Seat?  It's going back to Corbin in short order for a refund.

Thanks.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
Re: Corbin Classic Solo for FXSTSSE2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:44:59 PM »

try the Mustang Vintage solo, should fit perfect. :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »

The seats that Corbin originally said would fit several months ago didn't. Corbin just came out with the "new" Classic Solo for the 08' CVO Springers 2 weeks ago. I received mine last week...but it came with a basket weave pattern - I ordered just plain leather, needless to say I was dissapointed since I paid for it several months ago and have been patiently waiting for it. Since it was the wrong leather on the seat I got a return authorization and shipped it back, I didn't even bother to see if it fit because the print was so fugly. I should have the seat back to me within the next week...or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »

They shipped the correct seat design.  I can't get the seat to lock on the front pin.  And I have this enormous gap between the fender and the seat in the rear.  See my picture.  Back it goes again.  I paid for this in February. 

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:48:07 AM »

They shipped the correct seat design.  I can't get the seat to lock on the front pin.  And I have this enormous gap between the fender and the seat in the rear.  See my picture.  Back it goes again.  I paid for this in February. 

Any way you look at it, that really sucks! The Corbin rep. that I spoke with asked me put it on my bike and see how it looked when I called them to return the seat, I told him that the leather design fugly and not what I ordered and I didn't bother to see if the seat fit properly on my bike...makes me go hummmmmmmmmm.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »

Finally got my Corbin seat back yesterday and have the same design problem, however, I was able to get the front of seat to lock with some extra effort...I am not happy about the large gap on the rear of the seat though.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »

Corbin is not giving a good service....we should think to list them in a BAD VENDORS list....mine have been paid a couple of months ago and I haven't received yet!!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »

Jorge, good luck getting your seat that you paid for several months ago. I paid for mine back in February and waited until just now to receive the seat. I have been kind of disappointed with their service on this transaction too. Hopefully Corbin will correct the design problem and ship me a seat that has the fit and quality that I expected and have received from Corbin in the past. I contacted the owners secretary today and notified her of the design problem and e-mailed pictures. She is going to forward the information to the owner. For the time being I am going to use the seat with the passenger pillion to cover up the gap until I receive the Classic Solo seat that fits the bike properly.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »

Mi amigo Ken........I sopke yesterday with Juan Cabello (this is the guy who makes all the modifications on the seats) and he informed me that my seat went out yesterday.....I will kee posted as soon as I reeive,.....Good luck with your solo........talk to him...he is a nice guy.

All the best,

Jorge

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 05:13:19 PM »

Jorge, thanks for the contact information for Juan, I will give him a call to see if he is aware of the design problem on the Classic Solo seat for the 08' CVO Springer. I hope that your seat has the quality that we all expect from Corbin. I will be looking forward to seeing some pictures once you have installed the seat.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »

Jorge, thanks for the contact information for Juan, I will give him a call to see if he is aware of the design problem on the Classic Solo seat for the 08' CVO Springer. I hope that your seat has the quality that we all expect from Corbin. I will be looking forward to seeing some pictures once you have installed the seat.

Mi amigo Ken...I just sent by PM his cel number....tell him that Jorge gave to you....happy fthers daymi amigo...

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »

Can you show us a picture from a distance?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »

Here's an update on how Corbin is going to fix the design problem on the Classic Solo Seat...NOTHING.

The solution that they offered was for me to keep the seat and send it back to them in the off season and they would put some foam around the lower back part of the seat where the design problem is. They said that they manufactured the seat like this on purpose so when the passenger pillion is used a bracket would attach from the passenger pillion to the rider seat. ONLY 1 PROBLEM HERE...there is no bracket going from the passenger pillion to the rider seat.

The passenger pillion attaches to the rear fender with 2 of the christmas tree fittings. I explained exactly how the passenger pillion I received attaches and they insisted that there is a bracket. They didn't even bother to review the design of the solo seat or the passenger pillion...quite disappointing.

The seat looks good with the passenger pillion, but is not at all attractive with only the riders solo seat - it reminds me of the seat on the Rocker where the fender is exposed under the seat. I expect that I will have to buy a seat from a different manufacturer if I want a solo seat. Corbin gets 2 thumbs down for the design of Classic Solo for the FXSTSSE2. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »

Here's an update on how Corbin is going to fix the design problem on the Classic Solo Seat...NOTHING.

The solution that they offered was for me to keep the seat and send it back to them in the off season and they would put some foam around the lower back part of the seat where the design problem is. They said that they manufactured the seat like this on purpose so when the passenger pillion is used a bracket would attach from the passenger pillion to the rider seat. ONLY 1 PROBLEM HERE...there is no bracket going from the passenger pillion to the rider seat.

The passenger pillion attaches to the rear fender with 2 of the christmas tree fittings. I explained exactly how the passenger pillion I received attaches and they insisted that there is a bracket. They didn't even bother to review the design of the solo seat or the passenger pillion...quite disappointing.

The seat looks good with the passenger pillion, but is not at all attractive with only the riders solo seat - it reminds me of the seat on the Rocker where the fender is exposed under the seat. I expect that I will have to buy a seat from a different manufacturer if I want a solo seat. Corbin gets 2 thumbs down for the design of Classic Solo for the FXSTSSE2. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear that...I am still waiting mine..supposedly was shipped but not received yet..............thanks again for the favor (you know)

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.