Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: 4 years and $140k  (Read 4871 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: 4 years and $140k
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2008, 11:11:34 AM »

Vgirl, that almost brought a tear to my eye.  You should be very proud!
AJ

RedFXR2

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »

Justin's accomplishment speaks well of you.  Congratulations. :2vrolijk_21:

I'm riding herd on two children, myself.  So far, so good.  Thanks for the encouragement.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2008, 11:39:10 AM »

congrats. as someone how also had a sitting president deliver a commencment, i agree its a alot of hassle, but the flip side is how many young adults can say that have had the privilage of shaking hands with a president.

and shame on the faculty for using a graduation ceremony to make a political statment... you dont have to like the prez, or respect him but WTF let the kids enjoy thier graduation its their day and they have earned it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2008, 11:59:27 AM »

congrats. as someone how also had a sitting president deliver a commencment, i agree its a alot of hassle, but the flip side is how many young adults can say that have had the privilage of shaking hands with a president.

and shame on the faculty for using a graduation ceremony to make a political statment... you dont have to like the prez, or respect him but WTF let the kids enjoy thier graduation its their day and they have earned it

AMEN!!!!!

This kid really is a great and very talented young man. He has worked so hard for this. His mother has bent over backwards to make sure he made it. The best thing he isn't finished. He going back next year to futher his education.

Good Luck Justin, Big Daddy is very proud of you.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »

What a gorgeous couple Justin and his girl are.  And what an honor to have the President deliver the commencement.  I saw the photos of the idiotic faculty protesting in my morning paper.  It's not about them, it's about the graduates, MORONS!  ...

Just read about it in my local fish wrapper also. It's amazing how a few can take so much attention away from those who really deserve it. Again Congratulations to Justin!

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
4 years and $140k
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2008, 03:34:50 PM »

Congratulations  :2vrolijk_21:

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2008, 03:41:03 PM »

Congratulations to you and your family. Job well done !!
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »

Sorry V I'm late in picking up on this thread. My most sincere congrats to you, Justin and everyone in your family. It takes the love, support and encouragement of one's family to reach your goals and see your dreams come true. I couldn't help but think of Forrest Gump in reading of your prenatal expectations for Justin. " Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get "  Everyone who knows you should be proud of you that you found the courage to accept God's will and see the pregnancy through. Look at what that box of chocolates ending up being.

All the best to you and your family

B B

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2008, 07:10:45 PM »

Sorry V I'm late in picking up on this thread. My most sincere congrats to you, Justin and everyone in your family. It takes the love, support and encouragement of one's family to reach your goals and see your dreams come true. I couldn't help but think of Forrest Gump in reading of your prenatal expectations for Justin. " Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get "  Everyone who knows you should be proud of you that you found the courage to accept God's will and see the pregnancy through. Look at what that box of chocolates ending up being.

All the best to you and your family

B B

LIFE IS SO FULL OF SURPRISES!  No matter how much you plan and think YOU are in control! 

You know, I love all four of my boys.  They are mirror images of each other.  The oldest and youngest are alike and the two in the middle are alike - even down to pregnancies, complications, curly hair, etc.  It is very uncanny because they are 2 for 2 - 2 with first husband, divorced for 6 years, 2 with second husband.  But Justin was the one that changed my life forever!  I was so stoked about going to college myself.  I was going to be the first person to ever graduate from college (still was but as an adult mother with 4 boys).  I came home one day and said, "I am moving in with Ross."  Anyone in the south knows exactly how this conversation was finished.  I can remember it just like it was yesterday.  My dad was at one of the table and my grandfather at the other.  We kind of just burst in the door, flopped down at the dining room table, grabbed a biscuit and spit it out there.  They - my dad and grandfather - take the bite of food off their fork, wipe the fork clean with the knife, lay the fork down on one side of the plate and the knife on the other, chew their food ever so slowly, wash it down with a half glass of sweet tea, wipe their mouths, wipe their hands as they slide their chair half back (and I think my Grandfather - the fire and brimstone preacher - cleared his throat) and then they lie the napkin in their lap and look up at me for a few fleeting seconds before they look him dead in the eye and say, "You're doing what?  No daughter of mine is living with any man that is she is not married to...."  I looked at him, I looked at them, looked back at him, and said, "Welp, guess we're getting married then!"  That was it!  Went to the doctor, got a blood test, started the pill, got married Labor Day weekend, had a 3 day honeymoon in Gatlinburg and rushed back to Atlanta for finals at Georgia Tech. 

On my other grandfather's birthday on October 10th, 1985, we went home and I was sick.  I thought I had the flu.  Sick, couldn't eat, tired.  My aunt said, "You don't have the flu.  You're pregnant."  I was like, "No, that's impossible!  I'm on the pill!"  When it was confirmed, I threatened to sue the doctor, told him I hated him, actually went so far as to schedule an abortion, but couldn't go through with it.  I just was not ready to be a mom.  I even remember telling my mom, "How am I going to raise a kid.  I'm just a kid myself!"  Then complications began, high blood pressue, bad ultrasounds, bad test results, etc.  There are advantages to being young and dumb because you just don't realize the magnitude of what they are telling you at times and it doesn't seem "that bad."  For Justin's high school graduation, they asked us to write each child a letter.  I remember buying the Kenny Chesney CD the day it came out because of the song, "There goes my life" because that was exactly how I felt about that little blue-eyed blonde baby boy with curly hair as he'd climb up the stairs at his grandmother's townhouse every day when I dropped him off to go to work. 

Justin was always a child who set his own path.  He started reading at 3 and we could no longer spell M-c-D-o-n-a-l-d-s without him knowing what it was!  He told his 5th grade gifted teacher that he wanted to be President.  I remember he started at trend at Rome High School of everyone - girls and guys - of wearing Chuck's (the Converse hi-tops) to the prom.  He joined the debate team and refused to wear a "real suit."  He wore this salmon-colored polyester leisure suit that he bought at the Salvation Army and went to Nationals in both forensic leagues.  When he moved to Furman, he was driving a Honda so that song was so fitting!  He was my first child and hardest to let go.  When he left, we ALL felt like "there goes my life."  The big brother was leaving his baby brothers.  Who was going to drive the rising sophomore to school until he got his driver's license?  Who was going to take the toddler to Mickey D's?  They all still ask, "When is Justin going to come back and be our brother again?"  When I told him that if the words were for a little boy, that would be exactly how I felt about him.   So I copied the lyrics and changed them.  He said he started crying at the award ceremony and then one of his female friends read it thinking something was wrong and before you knew it, all of his girlfriends were crying right along with him!

So today, we went by his new house.  It was so nice, clean and already decorated.  I was so impressed!  But of course, I was playing second fiddle today.  Since graduation, this is how I've spent the weekend....Waiting, waiting, waiting!  I'm still waiting.  I guess when you have to stop at every major city between Greenville and Rome, it takes a while to make the rounds!!!  Today, I didn't cry.  I just kept smiling.  Now, I'm going to sleep now!  My work is done....at least until next Saturday!  Ha ha!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 07:17:02 PM by TheVgirl »
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »

Oh V its not fair to make an old Soldier tear up!

Congratulations to you and your son... you have every right to be so proud...  what a fantastic occasion!

Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have watched my eldest beat so many challenges...  i think i know exactly how you feel!

As for the President as graduation speaker..it is a great thing for those young men and women....  whether you agree or disagree with the mans policies....  it doesnt matter...it is an awesome opportunity.  Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to help the "suit guys" in providing secuirty for him at the Air Force graduation.  there is something special when the President walks in, no question.  I got a kick out of how he interacted with each of the young men and women ....  took the time to salute, hug chat with each of them...  more often than not waiving to mom and dad with them. 

Shame on the faculty members for trying to steal the kids moment

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »

Oh V its not fair to make an old Soldier tear up!

I couldn't have said it better. I didn't have the ba!!s to respond after she posted.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2008, 08:27:12 PM »

Jester Whisperer and Hard10 - can you hold on to those papers and either bring them to CHL for me to pick up or mail them to Justin for me?  It did detract from their day but I think he'd like to have the papers as a souvenir.  He was hoping that Bush would something goofy so they'd end up on the Daily Show as Bush did the day before from the Air Force Academy Commencement.  Even though he's not a Bush supporter, he ended up being really hyped about it.  The Daily Show was quoted as to saying that the AFA was his last commencement speech and they were like, "NO!  Furman is going to be his last commencement speech." 

I didn't realize that Furman is kind of labeled "the Harvard of the South" until every candidate showed up there for Presidential debates.  The school ranks pretty high up on the U.S. News Top 100 Colleges and they have a very influential list of alumni.  The most impressive statistic is that over 2/3 of the student body are involved with community volunteerism.  The President commented on that as well. 

It really is a remarkable feeling when the President walks in whether or not you like him.  I mean think about it.  The ruler of the most powerful country in the world - not the mention the greatest country where we have the privilege to live - spoke at his graduation.  Wow!  And it was actually a really good speech.  No one booed.  Just the idiot faculty members standing up.  Did you also notice the white ribbons around the other faculty member's arm?  That was how the rest of the faculty and guest protested the war.  And you know what is great about it?  We live in a country where we are allowed to express our opinion publically!!

Ok, guys and gals, goodnight.  I'm really turning off the laptop and going to bed now.  My house is quiet...oh my!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:33:13 PM by TheVgirl »

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2008, 08:30:57 PM »

Jester Whisperer and Hard10 - can you hold on to those papers and either bring them to CHL for me to pick up or mail them to Justin for me?  

Consider it done.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2008, 08:32:45 PM »

Earlier this week I was fortunate enough to help the "suit guys" in providing secuirty for him at the Air Force graduation.  there is something special when the President walks in, no question.  I got a kick out of how he interacted with each of the young men and women ....  took the time to salute, hug chat with each of them...  more often than not waiving to mom and dad with them. 

Now that is cool!  Can you arrange for me to see the inside of those Suburbans and that SWAT vehicle?  I want to see the technology on the inside!!!  I can't wait to print all the photos out and look at them.  (I only took 115 or so...LOL)!

Ok, outta here!  You got me all hyped up again, Scott!!!  

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:44 PM »

V, when you check back here, I've also got the Charleston Post & Courier which has an article as well which I'll bring. Surprisingly it only made a quick reference to the protesters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 24 queries.