Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MASSACHUSSETTS TAX CORRUPTION  (Read 1089 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
MASSACHUSSETTS TAX CORRUPTION
« on: June 05, 2008, 07:09:28 PM »

I am so f'en pi$$ed at MA right now...they will not accept the Bill of sale showing the trade-in of the 2006 and want an extra $1000 from me to title and register the new scoot!

Dealers have to be on some hacks great idea of a list of approved dealers in order to get the "benefit"...what a corrupt state this is!

I find this out while tryin' to transfer the plates...so I go back home and get on the phone to the state renenue-ers an demand to know the exact law that requires this so that I can understand what needs to be done...

The first old hag was useless and did not help at all...

I call again and get someone else...she explains that Grand Canyon HD must "register" as a dealer capable of collecting MA taxes

I called GC HD and explained what they needed to do to register and they are looking into it...

First it was insurance issue now the sales tax issue...man, we got to get outta here!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hogasm

Re: MASSACHUSSETTS TAX CORRUPTION
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »

Buy a 1/100th of a piece of property in Del. and register everything there :coolblue:

Boats registered there :oops:

No taxes :2vrolijk_21:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 12:14:08 AM »

Hope things get worked out WFP..  $1,000 would almost buy that Colorado Bushtec..

I couldn't believe it when Kathy (BlueFelix) stated she just paid $600 for lisence plates in NC on her new bike. 

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 12:17:13 AM »

un real......   i still am amazed that so many people put up with the Commonwealths BS ..amazing

im sorry man.....  i know what a PITA the insurance thing was

Good luck

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »

This is something that I don't think has been discussed too much around here.  Sorry you are having this frustration.  I know what it's like to deal with bureaucrats. 

In Michigan, we pay sales tax on the purchase (one time) of 6%.  Then we register annually, and on bikes it's about $35.00 or so.  This covers the registration and tags.  There is no inspection, exhaust test or anything else. 

What kind of crap do you guys have to put up with just to have the "privilege" to ride your own scoot?

Dave

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 12:32:35 AM »

This is something that I don't think has been discussed too much around here.  Sorry you are having this frustration.  I know what it's like to deal with bureaucrats. 

In Michigan, we pay sales tax on the purchase (one time) of 6%.  Then we register annually, and on bikes it's about $35.00 or so.  This covers the registration and tags.  There is no inspection, exhaust test or anything else. 

What kind of crap do you guys have to put up with just to have the "privilege" to ride your own scoot?

Dave

colorado is similar...  except you pay an ownership "tax" every year..... unless you are a Soldier that resides in another  state but "live" here ..then its like 35.00

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 06:29:04 AM »

One time 5% sales tax
$50 or so one time to title it but I will find that out once I can do it
$15 annual inspection
$75 annual for Vanity Plate registration
$1500 annual insurance
$3.99 for the vaseline

Dave

hogasm

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 06:47:56 AM »

North Carolina

3% sales tax
County tax each year $75
Local Gov taxes each year $45
Plates each year $55
Insurance each year$750
Sales tax on chrome 7% and going up
Fuel tax $.46/ gal
Tax on tires when replacing them $2

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:59:41 AM »

Anne wants to move south sooner than later!

Damn...forgot the Excise tax also...$206.25 on the 2006 Ultra this year.

North Carolina

3% sales tax
County tax each year $75
Local Gov taxes each year $45
Plates each year $55
Insurance each year$750
Sales tax on chrome 7% and going up
Fuel tax $.46/ gal
Tax on tires when replacing them $2

mungam

• Elite CVO Member
  • onepalaj
    • MA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »

Anne wants to move south sooner than later!

Damn...forgot the Excise tax also...$206.25 on the 2006 Ultra this year.

Hey they don't call us Taxachussetts for nothing.  :soapbox:

Steve
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
Maggie Valley, NC (05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 19)
New River Gorge (10)
Rib Fest (12, 13, 14)

West Coast
Cripple Creek, CO (06)
Nelson, BC (07)
Sedona, AZ (08)
Hood River, OR (09)
Lake Tahoe, NV (11)
Spokane, WA (12)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:24 PM »

When I bought the 2005 Cherry from a guy in NJ it had 400 miles on it.  I had it shipped to CA and attempted to register it.  Spent the prerequisite hour at DMV, paid over 2 grand in taxes and fees,  and got my plates.  A month later, I get a letter from CA DMV saying that since the bike has less than 7500 miles on it it cannot be brought in from out of state and that I have to turn my plates back in.  I told them that when I receive a full refund I will do so.  Got the check, took the bike to Reno, NV, was in and out of DMV in less than 20 minutes with a NV registration even though I don't have a residence there.  Nevada does NOT require prove of residence.  My MV registration has my CA address on it.  Long story short, NV got the sales tax and fees, and CA got nothing.  then you wonder why CA is going broke!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »

Virginia-sales tax, personal property tax, registration fee, tag fee, Va. state inspection fee, insurance-then yearly personal property tax, state inspection and insurance. The personal property tax is based in what they consider "fair market value", such as my 99 Ford Explorer they value at $6895.00 with 99,800 miles on it, I asked them if they would please buy it for that so I could buy two more...Common/Wealth...GRRRR
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

Virginia-sales tax, personal property tax, registration fee, tag fee, Va. state inspection fee, insurance-then yearly personal property tax, state inspection and insurance. The personal property tax is based in what they consider "fair market value", such as my 99 Ford Explorer they value at $6895.00 with 99,800 miles on it, I asked them if they would please buy it for that so I could buy two more...Common/Wealth...GRRRR

Where I'm at in VA I have a 1996 Dodge 2500 and they Value it at 5800.00 I couldn't $3.00's for it any where or even give it away (DONATE) for that much of a tax break., But some how everyone still keeps VOTING the Democrats IN. They love to pay the taxes and Taxes where ever they can  >:(

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

When I bought the 2005 Cherry from a guy in NJ it had 400 miles on it.  I had it shipped to CA and attempted to register it.  Spent the prerequisite hour at DMV, paid over 2 grand in taxes and fees,  and got my plates.  A month later, I get a letter from CA DMV saying that since the bike has less than 7500 miles on it it cannot be brought in from out of state and that I have to turn my plates back in.  I told them that when I receive a full refund I will do so.  Got the check, took the bike to Reno, NV, was in and out of DMV in less than 20 minutes with a NV registration even though I don't have a residence there.  Nevada does NOT require prove of residence.  My MV registration has my CA address on it.  Long story short, NV got the sales tax and fees, and CA got nothing.  then you wonder why CA is going broke!

Ernie... I like your style!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.