Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: CHL.........June 2008  (Read 29565 times)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Re: CHL.........June 2008
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:01 AM »

Hey guys, Vgirl here.  Something came up at home and I left early this morning.  So, I'll be uploading pics shortly.  Stay tuned...

Plus, I suck at twisties!  Poor Jock!!!  Somehow he was appointed babysitter this week and I felt horrible for him always waiting on me.  There are some disadvantages to always riding alone.  You never learn how to ride in a group and riding "at your pace" isn't always comfortable for others.  I'm still at the bar hopper stage of my riding career (4776 miles to date) and never made it over 35mph on the Dragon.  Wasn't scared of falling over this time, but everyone was well rested by the time I got there.  But hey, I had my personal photographer since Jock would wait up on me and took photos of me riding when I finally got there! 

Nancy is a bad woman!  Dang, you should have seen here scraping pipes all the way through the dragon.  Chip and her passed me...Chip on an inside curve and Nancy followed on an outside curve shooting sparks the whole time.  Scared the hell out of me, but God can she ride!!!

Anyway, here are pics....

Bad Chip and Nancy! I bet it did scare the crap out of you. It should have been the faster ones in front and the slower in the back. Brian is always up front with the fast group. That was wonderful of Jock to ride along with you to be sure you were ok.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »

Bad Chip and Nancy! I bet it did scare the crap out of you. It should have been the faster ones in front and the slower in the back. Brian is always up front with the fast group. That was wonderful of Jock to ride along with you to be sure you were ok.

Kathy

Jock took Vgirl about 20 minutes ahead of everyone else when we started our trek up the Dragon. And me, Nancy, Tommy and Ken were just following Chuck. So it should be "Bad Chuck" not us! We caught up with the Vrods four or five curves before the overlook which is barely getting started up the hill.
Your right, Jock is wonderful and he can ride the heck out of that Vrod!

Remember, that new Cherry needs a Dragon sticker!
Maggie Valley would be a perfect time.

:2vrolijk_21:

(Hows that for throwing Chuck under the bus!)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:11:15 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »

That's because the only 2 behind him were me and Jorge and we were right on his bumper. We weren't about to stop and get written up too. Had we known it was going to be a warning we'd have pulled right in with him. Of course we did wave as we passed. ;D

Ohhhh..... I see, monkey see monkey do, but no monkey stop.  :D Good thinking.  :2vrolijk_21:
Mike ..... watch your back.  :-\ 
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

Ohhhh..... I see, monkey see monkey do, but no monkey stop.  :D Good thinking.  :2vrolijk_21:
Mike ..... watch your back.  :-\ 

Hey all, just got in from Gulf Hammock...1500 miles round trip.  Thanks for the fellowship and fun...

Dave, I was a victim of circumstance! I swear! ...There was no way for me go fast, period...
Lots of nice yellow and white lines up there!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »

Kathy

Jock took Vgirl about 20 minutes ahead of everyone else when we started our trek up the Dragon. And me, Nancy, Tommy and Ken were just following Chuck. So it should be "Bad Chuck" not us! We caught up with the Vrods four or five curves before the overlook which is barely getting started up the hill.
Your right, Jock is wonderful and he can ride the heck out of that Vrod!

Remember, that new Cherry needs a Dragon sticker!
Maggie Valley would be a perfect time.

(Hows that for throwing Chuck under the bus!)

:zwtf: Do you remember our conversation in the bar Friday afternoon? I agreed not to discuss it and so far have kept my word, but I do have my limits.

:indian_chief:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »

:zwtf: Do you remember our conversation in the bar Friday afternoon? I agreed not to discuss it and so far have kept my word, but I do have my limits.

:indian_chief:

Oh come on! One bus chunking deserves another........ :P

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2008, 06:35:33 PM »

Oh come on! One bus chunking deserves another........ :P

Rob

Been under the bus so many times that I can tell a Trailways from a Greyhound!
Glad to meet you and Annette this weekend!
Have you signed up for Maggie Valley?

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

Calm down, guys!!  It's water under the bridge.  Let's not ruin a perfect trip by pointing fingers.  I was the one riding slow...no one else to blame!  'Nuf Said!!!

NOW ON ANOTHER NOTE...

Where do I start a thread to see who is interested in an Experienced Ride Skills Course just like the ones needed on the Dragon!  Talked the coordinator at Earl Small and Cartersville, all we need is 6 folks at $75 a pop for a 6-hour course.  They'll schedule it for a time that fits our needs - a Sunday that they are not teaching the Basic Riding Course or early one weekday for 6 hours or two weekday evenings for 3 hours each to make 6 hours.  The class will be held at Cartersville Harley-Davidson.  That is 30 minutes from my house.  If we have 6 people interested, anyone is welcome to stay here.  I have a fairly big house with 6 bedrooms with 3 single beds and 2 double/queen beds plus a queen size sleeper sofa in the downstairs family room and an inflatable bed in the playroom.  There are guest baths plus a kitchen and family room upstairs and downstairs.  It's not the Ritz but comfortable and free if anyone wants to join in on the class.  PM me and I'll send you the flyer until I hear back from fired00d as to where to post it.

Oh yea, the instructor is a former MMA racer and been teaching for 30 years just in case you're wondering.  
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »

Just wanted to say that I was looking closer this evening at Nancy's Dragon pictures on KillBoy and in two of them you can see the sparks flying off from grinding parts.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK00PX014003&po=4003

So I checked the bike and damn, there's a few hundred dollars of chrome gone.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #339 on: June 09, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »

Chip,

We were actually just discussing this. she needs the dates (which we have) so she can try and take the time off from work. She teaches 4th grade and will only be back to school for about one month at that time. I am signed up in my mind!! Unless something crazy happens we will be there. I will just have to find a room somewhere. I guess I could go ahead and reserve one now and cancel later if I absolutely had to.

Heres the first of my photos...........

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #340 on: June 09, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »

Just wanted to say that I was looking closer this evening at Nancy's Dragon pictures on KillBoy and in two of them you can see the sparks flying off from grinding parts.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orderpage.aspx?pi=04RK00PX014003&po=4003

So I checked the bike and damn, there's a few hundred dollars of chrome gone.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Did you think I was joking when I asked this....
Heh, was just wondering if you had to replace Nancy's jiffy stand when you got back? ;D Sista' was tearing up those curves. :bigok:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #341 on: June 09, 2008, 06:48:38 PM »

Calm down, guys!!  It's water under the bridge.  Let's not ruin a perfect trip by pointing fingers.  I was the one riding slow...no one else to blame!  'Nuf Said!!!

NOW ON ANOTHER NOTE...

Where do I start a thread to see who is interested in an Experienced Ride Skills Course just like the ones needed on the Dragon!  Talked the coordinator at Earl Small and Cartersville, all we need is 6 folks at $75 a pop for a 6-hour course.  They'll schedule it for a time that fits our needs - a Sunday that they are not teaching the Basic Riding Course or early one weekday for 6 hours or two weekday evenings for 3 hours each to make 6 hours.  The class will be held at Cartersville Harley-Davidson.  That is 30 minutes from my house.  If we have 6 people interested, anyone is welcome to stay here.  I have a fairly big house with 6 bedrooms with 3 single beds and 2 double/queen beds plus a queen size sleeper sofa in the downstairs family room and an inflatable bed in the playroom.  There are guest baths plus a kitchen and family room upstairs and downstairs.  It's not the Ritz but comfortable and free if anyone wants to join in on the class.  PM me and I'll send you the flyer until I hear back from fired00d as to where to post it.

Oh yea, the instructor is a former MMA racer and been teaching for 30 years just in case you're wondering.  
Other Topics would be a good place.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #342 on: June 09, 2008, 06:49:52 PM »

Chip,

We were actually just discussing this. she needs the dates (which we have) so she can try and take the time off from work. She teaches 4th grade and will only be back to school for about one month at that time. I am signed up in my mind!! Unless something crazy happens we will be there. I will just have to find a room somewhere. I guess I could go ahead and reserve one now and cancel later if I absolutely had to.

Heres the first of my photos...........

Rob

Read the first few pages of the Maggie valley thread.
There are plenty of rooms left and there's a liberal cancellation policy.
Can't speak for everyone but being me I will.
We would love to see the two of you there!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2008, 06:52:07 PM »

Hey guys, Vgirl here.  Something came up at home and I left early this morning.  So, I'll be uploading pics shortly.  Stay tuned...

Plus, I suck at twisties!  Poor Jock!!!  Somehow he was appointed babysitter this week and I felt horrible for him always waiting on me.  There are some disadvantages to always riding alone.  You never learn how to ride in a group and riding "at your pace" isn't always comfortable for others.  I'm still at the bar hopper stage of my riding career (4776 miles to date) and never made it over 35mph on the Dragon.  Wasn't scared of falling over this time, but everyone was well rested by the time I got there.  But hey, I had my personal photographer since Jock would wait up on me and took photos of me riding when I finally got there! 

No poor Jock nor a babysitter...I have a few simple codes when I ride in a group.  One of them is I am responsible for the rider behind me. This is a personal choice and I choose where to ride in the pack.  It was my choice and my pleasure and your skills will be developed if you practice them.

Sorry you had to go...Until next time...Be Safe

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »

Did you think I was joking when I asked this....
Ride Safe,
Fired00d

You fuss at me all the time for not listening to you and when I do I see things I missed!
Thanks dOOd.
Now who's wrong, you for fussing at me or me for not paying better attention?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.