Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Dealer Eval Scheduled  (Read 6172 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Dealer Eval Scheduled
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 10:14:54 AM »

Regardless of country of manufacture if the crank is built to Harley specs and is crap then I have a problem with Harley.

If a crank isn't built to Harley specs and Harley installed them anyway, I still have a problem with Harley!

For me, it all goes back to Harley!

Am I repeating myself?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I think I just repeated yourself for you!    :oops:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:39 AM »

Following this line of thought, it really doesn't matter where the crank is manufactured nor does it matter whether or not it was manufactured to Harley's specs - Harley assembled the crank into your motor.  It is not only their responsibility to engineering the piece correctly -  it also is their responsibility to ensure the piece was manufactured correctly - whereever it was manufactured - prior to bolting it into your motor...

Well said Scott but  :lipsrsealed2: :lipsrsealed2: :lipsrsealed2: :lipsrsealed2: :lipsrsealed2: China anyway! Sorry about the  :jack: Thanks Neal  :huepfenlol2:

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 10:56:08 AM »

I'm beginning to have Harleyphobia. I am NOT looking forward to my scheduled appointment and butting heads. MAYBE I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll try to tell myself to remain cautiously optimistic.
I shoud have learned my lesson from 38 years ago with my 10 year sporty fling. But no, I had to have another Harley. Well, now I got one -  and the inability to enjoy myself as I ride it.
And to think that I almost went and bought some stock in this 'AMERICAN LEGEND' company. Whew, dodged a bullet there. I would have had to take the pipe as I would not have been able to coexist with the company's modern marvelous mismanagement style. Kinda reminds me of where healthcare is at today - only worried about appearance and reputation. Mismanaged by non-medical suits that know di-k about medicine, and have little to no concern for their employees. Good at damage control. Definitely NOT proactive or visionary. G-D beancounters with their self-awarded golden parachutes, and no accountability.
I guess I better leave now and chill a bit. Maybe mow the lawn. Sorry for ranting.

leoniru

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »

I'm beginning to have Harleyphobia. I am NOT looking forward to my scheduled appointment and butting heads. MAYBE I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll try to tell myself to remain cautiously optimistic.
I shoud have learned my lesson from 38 years ago with my 10 year sporty fling. But no, I had to have another Harley. Well, now I got one -  and the inability to enjoy myself as I ride it.
And to think that I almost went and bought some stock in this 'AMERICAN LEGEND' company. Whew, dodged a bullet there. I would have had to take the pipe as I would not have been able to coexist with the company's modern marvelous mismanagement style. Kinda reminds me of where healthcare is at today - only worried about appearance and reputation. Mismanaged by non-medical suits that know di-k about medicine, and have little to no concern for their employees. Good at damage control. Definitely NOT proactive or visionary. G-D beancounters with their self-awarded golden parachutes, and no accountability.
I guess I better leave now and chill a bit. Maybe mow the lawn. Sorry for ranting.

leoniru

Not looking forward to butting heads???  Aw, come on, that's the fun part.  Its simple - arm yourself with more information then your opponent, if need be, get him mad - but you stay calm, and stay on offense.    It would make great spectator sport... 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

d-rock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:01 AM »

Not looking forward to butting heads???  Aw, come on, that's the fun part. Its simple - arm yourself with more information then your opponent, if need be, get him mad - but you stay calm, and stay on offense.   It would make great spectator sport...

Ausome advise  it will work
113 inch S.E.
The parts list will never be put in writing :)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »

Look forwad to your scheduled appointment, it's the unscheduled appointments that have made my FLHRSE3 experience less than perfect.

leoniru

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »

. G-D beancounters with their self-awarded golden parachutes, and no accountability.

leoniru

I can't believe it, here's another person using that term.  We're "accountants" the term "beancounter" is both offensive and derogatory.  Please don't blame us, we did not design, nor decide where to produce your crankshaft.   :bananarock:  ;)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 12:16:41 PM »

I can't believe it, here's another person using that term.  We're "accountants" the term "beancounter" is both offensive and derogatory.  Please don't blame us, we did not design, nor decide where to produce your crankshaft.   :bananarock:  ;)

where's the emoticon with the smiley face with tape over it's mouth?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »

where's the emoticon with the smiley face with tape over it's mouth?

I think only moderators get to use those.   :lipsrsealed2:  :oops:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »

I think only moderators get to use those.   :lipsrsealed2:  :oops:
:furious:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 12:46:37 PM »

An accountant is a man hired to explain that you did not make the money you did.

Those who live by the bottom line shall die by the bottom line.

Accountants have a vacuum-tube mind in a solid state world.

If you need accounting to prove it, it was probably not true in the first place.

Artificial hearts are no big deal; they’ve been around since the first accountant.

For every accountant, there is equal and opposite accountant.

There are just three types of accountants: those who can count and those who can't.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 12:53:07 PM »

An accountant is a man hired to explain that you did not make the money you did.

Those who live by the bottom line shall die by the bottom line.

Accountants have a vacuum-tube mind in a solid state world.

If you need accounting to prove it, it was probably not true in the first place.

Artificial hearts are no big deal; they’ve been around since the first accountant.

For every accountant, there is equal and opposite accountant.

There are just three types of accountants: those who can count and those who can't.

Ha Ha, very funny.   :sauer021:

If you weren't my friend, I'd call you a Chithead.  Since you are, I will call you an FOC.  (Friend of Chip)   :D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »

If you weren't my friend, I'd call you a Chithead.  Since you are, I will call you an FOC.  (Friend of Chip)   :D

I consider you a chithead too my Friend. errr..I meant I consider you a friend too chithead.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 01:06:04 PM »

The "beancounters" are the ones that do just that, they count the beans. They tell HD how much can be saved by different methods of manufacturing. The method they use now is to have the engines built as cheap as possible, and maintain strict patents on their design, maximizing the returnt to the corp. The current method of making the parts to specified tolerances allows them to assemble the components without measuring anything during assembly. This is "good enough" production. The crappy pressed flywheels are cheaper to produce and spec'd tolerance allows them to put it in your motor without any further balancing or truing. Eliminating the Timken bearing allows each assembler to build more motors each day, increasing productivity.

All this yields a lowering of QC and shows in the final product. A certain percentage of failures and W.....ty work is acceptable under this approach, since it's cheaper to fix them rather than build em better. This is common for manufacturing these days. It's all about profits and return to shareholders. These corps could care less about customers or employees anymore. We're just necessary evils to their business. It's up to the dealers/salespeople of these corps to convince the customer that they do care, even though they really don't. How your serviced after the sale is up to the dealer/sales person, and that service will determine if you'll ever do business with them again. This is not just HD, it's the American Corporate way these days. You must see it elswhere too. Just open up your eyes. And get used to it, cause it surely won't get any better either! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 01:09:07 PM »

I consider you a chithead too my Friend. errr..I meant I consider you a friend too chithead.

You would think a guy with 3 bikes in his garage would have more to do than hang around this site picking on me.   :'(

When are they going to get your ultra done?  If Don had been able to make Ribfest, we would have had you riding by Sunday afternoon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 24 queries.