Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: New Fix From MOCO..... When????  (Read 21146 times)

evilmikehoo

• Responsible Irresponsibility
  • Junior CVO Member
  • A Harley, a hot tub & a good woman to share them

• CVO1: FXSTSSE - Canyon Copper
Re: New Fix From MOCO..... When????
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »

Both head gaskets have started leaking, the front moreso than the rear, and really making a mess. Both jugs weeping at the bottom as well. Think it's wise to wait for word on this new fix?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 01:56:23 PM »

Steve Phillips told me in May @ POT that there was a fix in the works.  Think he figured a bout a month or so till release.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 01:56:43 PM »

Both head gaskets have started leaking, the front moreso than the rear, and really making a mess. Both jugs weeping at the bottom as well. Think it's wise to wait for word on this new fix?

That's a tough one. Any chance you've got a week of honey do's you could take care of instead of riding. More might be known when the list is empty. ;)

:indian_chief:

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »

Why would the HOG officers be discussing a CVO issue problem?

Because quite a few of them own CVOs and there are lots of folks from the factory rank and file at these events.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 02:15:51 PM »

Steve Phillips told me in May @ POT that there was a fix in the works.  Think he figured a bout a month or so till release.

So, do you think this mean that we will be getting a recall notification,.................. or does it mean that they will have a new way to handle the problems when and if they arise? :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 02:17:27 PM »

So, do you think this mean that we will be getting a recall notification,.................. or does it mean that they will have a new way to handle the problems when and if they arise? :nixweiss:

It'll all be up to the Mushroom Counters! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 02:21:31 PM »

It'll all be up to the Mushroom Counters! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

I don't care if the MOCO want to reimburse me in beans or mushrooms...I'll take either.. ::) ;D
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 02:48:41 PM »

I'm getting a real bad feeling and I hope I'm dead wrong on this one.

In my mind, the only logical thing for the MoCo to do would be to fix the real problem, the cylinders. I've now got a sneaky suspicion that the parts-program we've been waiting for may be nothing more than the "B" gasket and some new o-rings.

Gawd, I hope this ain't so, but I'm not feeling so confident we're looking at fixed jugs anymore.

:(

My source's source has retired which means the information flow has been disrupted. Looks like I'm heading back into the dark with all of the other mushrooms.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

Lynnrd Skynnrd had some song lyrics that talk about the "fix".  It involves "a needle and a spoon and a trip to the moon".  I don't think you can get it from the Mo Co though.   :P
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 03:53:17 PM »

Lynnrd Skynnrd had some song lyrics that talk about the "fix".  It involves "a needle and a spoon and a trip to the moon".  I don't think you can get it from the Mo Co though.   :P

I'm giong to hold out hope that my source got gagged now that "All calls may be monitored" is the first thing you hear when calling the mothership. Maybe HD is trying to fix all leaks, not just those on my motor. :nixweiss:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »

How about a 3 year extension of the warranty for the leak, for a total of 5 years?  That's what they did with the cam bearing problem on the early Twin Cams, rather than do a recall and replacement.  Much cheaper than actually fixing every engine, and who cares if a failure inconveniences or strands an owner?  Certainly doesn't seem to bother the MoCo. 

I've seen cures for diseases that didn't take this long.  Makes me think they are casting a newly designed cylinder to replace the original POS, and that means tooling has to be built and casting capacity located.  Or maybe they are making up enough drilling fixtures so each dealer can drill those holes for the set screws I keep talking about. ;)  Whichever way they go, I do wish they'd hurry up and do something.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

I'm giong to hold out hope that my source got gagged now that "All calls may be monitored" is the first thing you hear when calling the mothership. Maybe HD is trying to fix all leaks, not just those on my motor. :nixweiss:

Hear no fix, see no fix, talk no fix.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »

Well talking to the Supervisor at Tech Support about the up coming re-call and hard fix I got yelled at and was told the only fix that Harley was doing to the 110 motor is replacing the Head Gaskets with a new/old Chromeric Gasket that Harley has used for years on other Motor Heads. He would not even allow me or my Mech to increase torgue on the Heads. He stated to me that all this hipe and rumor about a hard fix/re-call is total BS and that wont ever happen on the oil leak problem. I guess we own what we own and it is up to us to tackle this issue on are own. What a sad story!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »

I guess we own what we own and it is up to us to tackle this issue on are own. What a sad story!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

One more owner has it figured out!  ;)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 07:19:58 PM »

Plenty of ways to fix your problems gang. You can either pay with your $$$ and move on with your lives. Or you can pay with your time and aggrevation by dealing with it the HD way. We all have choices to make. They should eventuaslly make it right. But at what cost to you guys besides $$$! Think about it!

6800 bucks buys you a new Jim's 120 plus installation. 8500 bucks will get you a new hand built hot rod 110 motor like I had built. 0 bucks will get you HD to fix it under w.....ty, while you spend years of your life trying to achieve that! We all make choices folks. Mine was very clear.

Not everyone's in a position to shell out more on these bikes. But if you are, I can't understand why you put up with HD's BS at all! Life's to short gang! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 24 queries.