Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: UK-STURGIS  (Read 529 times)

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
UK-STURGIS
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:49:31 AM »

If i wanted to go to Sturgis in August can anyone suggest a good main airport for a fly drive holiday sorry vacation.. open to suggestions
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

custardglide

• Full CVO Member
  • AN AMERICAN IN AN ENGLISHMANS BODY

• CVO1: FLHTKSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 sold
Re: UK-STURGIS
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:23:28 AM »

Hi Cyril, you would probably have to fly from a main british airport to Chicago then onto an internal flight to Rapid City, thats the way we came home a couple of years ago, we didnt go OUT that way as we picked up our bikes from Milwaukee and rode in, but on the way home we dropped our bikes off at Black Hills H-D and flew home from Rapid City onto Chicago then onto Manchester, well that was the plan but the flight from Rapid City was late, therefore missing the connecting flight from Chicago to Manchester, so we ended up flying to Copenhagen then to Manchester, oh how we laughed NOT...Ady :bananarock: :bananarock: :bananarock:
IF YOU CAN'T SEE IT BEFORE YOU CAN HEAR IT WOTS THE POINT

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 05:21:25 AM »

Hi Cyril,I made Sturgis several times.It depends how many days vacation you have.Phoenix in Arizona is a good place to start.On the way you can visit Grand Canyon,Monument Valley,Bryce Canyon,Arches etc.On the way back you may spent a night in Las Vegas.For your hotel ,it is better to book in Rapid City.If your are a hog member,you can rent a bike from the fly and ride programm and it is cheaper also.
It is just a suggestion and I hope this help.I wish you the best for your vacation.
Jean
P.S. In Phoenix and in the desert in august temperature is 100/110 °F +/- 40° Celsius.

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:48:50 PM »

Another option is Denver - both BA and United fly to Denver from LHR direct, and I believe Mile High HD participates in Fly & Ride.  I know they rent HD's there.  they're in Aurora, just a bit north of Denver proper.

Enjoy your holiday!   :worthless:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »

If you're going to fly into Rapid City, you may want to call the dealership now to see if they'll have any rental bikes for then.  The MoCo corporate execs often rent there so you have to get the reservation in early.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 21 queries.