Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warranty Concerns 08 SEUC  (Read 922 times)

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
Warranty Concerns 08 SEUC
« on: June 26, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »

I am considering adding V-H True Duals to help mainly with heat, and a High Flow Air Filter for added HP.
I have heard Warranty issues that have come up with Race Tuners.
Has anyone experienced a Warranty denial for this small enhancement.
Also anyone's thoughts of dealing with engine heat, already have Kury Saddle Shields, and they did help significantly.
Sawyer Ghost

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: Warranty Concerns 08 SEUC
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »

I am considering adding V-H True Duals to help mainly with heat, and a High Flow Air Filter for added HP.
I have heard Warranty issues that have come up with Race Tuners.
Has anyone experienced a Warranty denial for this small enhancement.
Also anyone's thoughts of dealing with engine heat, already have Kury Saddle Shields, and they did help significantly.

It depends on your dealership.  My dealer installed the SERT with my V&H true duals, Ovals, and SEAC and said that they would cover warranty issues no problem....now if I go to another dealer on the road that didn't actually install it?  Who knows :nixweiss:   You do need to do something for the heat that these 110s produce because they are running so lean to meet EPA requirements.  The SERT can get the AFR down to a richer level which will in turn run cooler temps.  The heat shields are great for your legs, I know I have them, but you need to put some sort of a tuner on the bike to get the AFR down...make sure your dealer won't leave you out in the cold if you do have them put a SERT on.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
Re: Warranty Concerns 08 SEUC
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

I put slip-ons on mine and then installed the XIED's. I am currently on a cross-country trip (and pulling a trailer) and I think this is the best heat solution you can buy ----IMHO  :). Aside from the fact that they WORK I also like the idea that it takes less than 5 minutes to remove them if I need to take the bike in for warranty work. Check out their site  www.nightrider.com .
No, I am not associated with the company, I'm just a real happy customer.
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.