Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Cybil Getting Tuned at Big Boyz!  (Read 18721 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Cybil Getting Tuned at Big Boyz!
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2008, 01:37:31 PM »

Come on boyz - play nice.

Howie I think you are reading way too much into Harry's post. Valid questions they are, and some based on your previous experience.

You watching the radar coming come?

We are all waiting for the "overall" report! Lets go .................
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »

Come on boyz - play nice.

Howie I think you are reading way too much into Harry's post. Valid questions they are, and some based on your previous experience.

You watching the radar coming come?

We are all waiting for the "overall" report! Lets go .................

When you've seen someone's true colors they speak volumes. I answered all of his questions below Duane. But the underlying BS must stop. I ain't taking his crap. I've told ya'll before that I don't start any chit with anyone. But I ain't takin any either! That said, I'll answer you now about Cybil's rideability.

I got home around 6 tonight. Took I-95 all the way due to the impending storm coming in from the west. Never got wet at all, and then it started thunder storming when I pulled in the driveway. Timing's everything! :2vrolijk_21:

The bike runs better than before overall. It's much crisper and snappier. It's accelerates better now. I also got 37 MPG riding 85-90 and 35 MPG riding 85-110. I-95 was flying today and was loaded with rice burners having fun. I got in on some of it. Man do I get looks playing with those boys and passing some of em. My bike ain't faster, but sometimes you need more balls than brains! ;D

I rode it like I always do and got 20-25% better gas mileage. It seems quicker and has better throttle response. One disappointment is the decel pop between 3000-2500 after letting off the throttle. He spent about an hour trying to get rid of it. Nothing he did had any impact. He said it's a combination of the build and the Performance Fat Cat. I noticed Pete's did the same thing in NC when I rode with him last week. Bean could be right about that, but I'd prefer it not be there. That aside I must agree that tuning the bike to best combustion efficiency in lieu of AFR's seems the correct way to tune. We didn't even measure AFR. We tuned to CE then kept checking the subsequent recorded dyno run, and made adjustments from there til we got the best overall performance. Bean and springer know their chit and I learned an awful lot the last 3 days. To have my bike run this well and not need an add-on device for tuning seems to make the most sense. But you can only get that with a very capable SERT tuner. Not easy to find. I was lucky and found one. Now ya'll did too! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2008, 07:26:12 PM »

You're now getting the same fuel economy at 85 that I'm getting at 75.  The red bike isn't stock anymore either of course.  But I'm not going to tell it this.  Don't want to get her in a mood again.

TNThumper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anny #1258/1800
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2008, 07:49:05 PM »

Hoist, it would be interesting to compare a new run on the dyno that you had the first tune done on to this last tune beaner did. That would give us a comparison of the 2 diff dynos numbers on the same tune of cybil.

VG

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »

Good to hear Howie!   :orange:

My experience has led me to think most 2-1's have a little decel pop or a kind of sputter, with all the excess exhaust around in there.  Mine does, you hear all the gurggles and stuff too...I tighten up a lot of loose exhaust stuff when it gets worse, it may be worth a look at... :nixweiss:

No argument with CE as the number for tune...I squeezed to 33-35 hwy, 80-90ish.
I just used a flat afr to start then ass dynoed and massaged ce afterwards...Only one warning from the sheriff too!  :mango:

A siamesed rod dinosaur is only going to so effiecent to begin with... :-\

Stay happy!  :drink:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »

Hoist, it would be interesting to compare a new run on the dyno that you had the first tune done on to this last tune beaner did. That would give us a comparison of the 2 diff dynos numbers on the same tune of cybil.

VG
I think I have that, but I'm not sure. Gotta go thru everthing. I'm also showing a comparison chart with both my WOT run, and an '08 SEUC Stage I, on the same chart. Very interesting comparison. You can really see how bad an EPA stocker is when you see these 2 together. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »

VG
     I think you're missing the point. Read the shop owner's post (Springer) You can't compare the two. It isn't apples and apples, it's apples and applesauce *  

B B

* we'll see who figures this one out  

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

Good to hear Howie!   :orange:

My experience has led me to think most 2-1's have a little decel pop or a kind of sputter, with all the excess exhaust around in there.  Mine does, you hear all the gurggles and stuff too...I tighten up a lot of loose exhaust stuff when it gets worse, it may be worth a look at... :nixweiss:

No argument with CE as the number for tune...I squeezed to 33-35 hwy, 80-90ish.
I just used a flat afr to start then ass dynoed and massaged ce afterwards...Only one warning from the sheriff too!  :mango:

A siamesed rod dinosaur is only going to so effiecent to begin with... :-\

Stay happy!  :drink:

How can ya not love the way this guy writes! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Agree on the gurgling Mike, but not sure on the decl pop. But it's only between 3000 and 2500. It just bugs me, but no sense dumping more fuel at it just to quiet her down. I'll get used to it I guess!

Dynosaur? Ya mean I can't achieve a VE of 120? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »

I always thought decel pop was a factor of reversion when you let off the gas

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »

VG
     I think you're missing the point. Read the shop owner's post (Springer) You can't compare the two. It isn't apples and apples, it's apples and applesauce *  

B B

* we'll see who figures this one out  

I'll spoil it for ya B B! Ya really can't compare my Dynojetted previous tune to this one. But they did a pull with my PC on before we ripped it out. That's closer to a decent comparison. But don't go by my chart in the SERK Section. It's from a "happy" dyno apparently. ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

Thats around the same range I get it too, it gets worse when chit loosend up......
I squirted more fuel but it didn't do much....

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »

If I understand correctly, he is suggesting to get a dyno run on the other dyno now and comparing that with the previous dyno run also done on the other dyno.  In theory it is a good idea.  In practice the previous dyno run was done uncorrected (if I am not mistaken) and therefor can't be compared to anything since the run conditions are unknown.

Unless the runs are done on the same day, on the same dyno, in the same weather conditions, there really is no comparisons that will be accurate and even then arguments can be made for tire pressure, strap tightness and rotating mass.  IMO, the dyno is just a tool for tuning and not a tool for comparing bike to bike.  That should be done on a track side by side.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06:02 PM »

I always thought decel pop was a factor of reversion when you let off the gas

B B

I've had it from being too lean, too rich, or reversion, over the years on various bikes. Number of reasons it can occur. My '95 Dyna needed smaller intermediate to get rid of it there. But when this bike was too rich, no decel pop on this one at all. So I'm assuming dumping fuel in her will eventually get rid of it. But that would defeat the better gas mileage result I got from the tune. ;)

Thats around the same range I get it too, it gets worse when chit loosend up......
I squirted more fuel but it didn't do much....

And then again, maybe not. They tried and couldn't get it out. :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

TNThumper

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anny #1258/1800
« Reply #118 on: June 28, 2008, 08:06:28 PM »

Not comparing the 2 dynos, but comparing the runs on both to see what the numbers are on the Dyno jet for this new tune. I purchased and setup my first dyno in 1993 and quickly learned that dynos are good for nothing more than determining incremental changes in engine performance for that specific engine on that specific dyno. You can never compare the results from diff engines on diff dynos, to many variables. Guys would claim thay got this HP and TQ and bring the engine to a diff dyno and get diff results. The proof is on the track not in the dyno room.

Now, back to my original statement.... it would be interesting to run cybil on the dyno jet that Hoist got his first tune on, that would give us an idea where its at for TQ & HP on a dynojet...since the two dynos use different approaches and many of us only have seen results from the dyno jet brand this would translate the new tune into dynojet results.

VG

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: June 28, 2008, 08:07:05 PM »

If I understand correctly, he is suggesting to get a dyno run on the other dyno now and comparing that with the previous dyno run also done on the other dyno.  In theory it is a good idea.  In practice the previous dyno run was done uncorrected (if I am not mistaken) and therefor can't be compared to anything since the run conditions are unknown.

Unless the runs are done on the same day, on the same dyno, in the same weather conditions, there really is no comparisons that will be accurate and even then arguments can be made for tire pressure, strap tightness and rotating mass.  IMO, the dyno is just a tool for tuning and not a tool for comparing bike to bike.  That should be done on a track side by side.

Yeah baby!!! When's track day? :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 24 queries.