Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Goldwinger down  (Read 3589 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Goldwinger down
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 07:50:11 PM »

My brother just called to tell me a high school acquiantance from my home town was killed this week on his new Goldwing.  He bought the bike from a Honda dealer in Chattanooga and was on his way home to Cullman, Ala (my home town) when he rounded the entrance ramp to I 65 from I 565 (I think) in Huntsville.  He apparantly approached the sharply curved ramp too fast and could not execute the turn.  He went off the ramp and was killed.
If that is not bad enough his wife was following behind him in their car (she drove him to Chat to pick up the new bike) and saw it all happen.  My brother thinks he was a novice rider.  Too bad for sure.   :(

Sorry to hear that mi amigo Warren....God bless him and his family... :'(

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 08:13:52 PM »

Some how dealers need to know that someone is able to ride what they are buying, Or at least offer a riding coarse for them .
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 08:23:46 PM »

Some how dealers need to know that someone is able to ride what they are buying, Or at least offer a riding coarse for them .

Being riders ourselves from the rider's perspective that's a rational and intuitive assumption.  However, it's a major liability exposure for the seller/dealer.  They can only be responsible for selling the bike.  Actually using it has to fall on the buyer.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »

Being riders ourselves from the rider's perspective that's a rational and intuitive assumption.  However, it's a major liability exposure for the seller/dealer.  They can only be responsible for selling the bike.  Actually using it has to fall on the buyer.
Might be a legal liability, but the dealer that sold me my bike has always taken people out to familiarize them with the operation/controls/etc. before sending them on their way.....pretty good bizness from my prospective.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 24 queries.