Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murali Mohan Surapaneni is charged with felony murder...  (Read 4435 times)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
Murali Mohan Surapaneni is charged with felony murder...
« on: July 06, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »

Murali Mohan Surapaneni is charged with felony murder in connection with the stabbing of Phyllis Wright-Davis, who was known as a community leader.

Was just checking the ads for our "lost dog" ad and come across this story.  Here's the link...http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news912974.html.
You'll have to scroll down to Wright-Davis heading.

I cannot believe it.  Murali was the guy who picked up and delivered the dry cleaning at Shorter College for years, he also worked as part-time security at Shorter for a while, and did carpet cleaning too at night.  He worked all the time to provide for his kids.  I left the man in my house unattended on several occassions to clean my carpet.  He also steam-cleaned my Suburban several times while I was not here.  He even once cut my grass after he cleaned the Suburban because it needed it and he felt sorry for me having to do everything by myself after my ex-husband left.   Just the other day, I dug out his business card to call him to clean the carpets again and just never got around to it.  It is unbelievable! 

Just goes to show you that you cannot trust anyone these days.  I don't know the motive behind the murder, but all I could think is that it could have been me!  D@mn!  I'm in utter shock.   

~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

outrider

• yet another reclusive recalcitrant pundit
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHP
Re: Murali Mohan Surapaneni is charged with felony murder...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:54:48 AM »

Murali Mohan Surapaneni is charged with felony murder in connection with the stabbing of Phyllis Wright-Davis, who was known as a community leader.

Was just checking the ads for our "lost dog" ad and come across this story.  Here's the link...http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news912974.html.
You'll have to scroll down to Wright-Davis heading.

I cannot believe it.  Murali was the guy who picked up and delivered the dry cleaning at Shorter College for years, he also worked as part-time security at Shorter for a while, and did carpet cleaning too at night.  He worked all the time to provide for his kids.  I left the man in my house unattended on several occassions to clean my carpet.  He also steam-cleaned my Suburban several times while I was not here.  He even once cut my grass after he cleaned the Suburban because it needed it and he felt sorry for me having to do everything by myself after my ex-husband left.   Just the other day, I dug out his business card to call him to clean the carpets again and just never got around to it.  It is unbelievable! 

Just goes to show you that you cannot trust anyone these days.  I don't know the motive behind the murder, but all I could think is that it could have been me!  D@mn!  I'm in utter shock. 

Not to make light of this but I have two words to express my feelings about this..."gulp... Zoikes!"  :o Seriously though...guess its true what one of my buds used to say "never trust anyone with 10 or more syllables in their name ...badumpbump
Seriously (this time I mean it), I don't really know ya Vgirl, but I've been reading and enjoying your posts for some time, and I'm (sure I'm not alone in this) also glad that you were not the victim of this guy...it does sound like a crime between intimates though, which doesn't make it right...just not random...if that helps

Let the lamp affix its beam, the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »

When I first read the story and posted it, I thought it was burglary related since her family owned the funeral home and was fairly wealthy.  However, after reading it and read, "no forced entry, not related to a burglary, and he knew the family," I think you are right.  It is still hard to believe that you know someone and see someone every day for nearly 10 years and just never know what is going on inside their head.  Bizarre!!!

Now, I'm more perplexed.  The next time I have a contractor in, do I stay or do I leave?  Most of the time, I'm here by myself or with the boys when that takes place.  Everyone from appliance repair folks, exterminators, plumbers, etc and anyone in between.  Once I was cooking dinner and the door bell rang.  It was the fruitloop (crackhead) who worked at the mechanic's shop where my son had his car worked on earlier in the week.  He knew the address from a conversation at the repair shop.  I had told the owner we were looking for a good used car.  He just shows up here one evening to tell me he knows where a good used car is for sale.  I was at the stove and one of the boys just opened the door before I could stop them.  I was super uncomfortable with it.  I went in to see the owner the next day and told him and a police officer about it at the same time.  He never bothered me again, but I just couldn't believe the man thought it was OK to just show up here. 

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »

Was just checking the ads for our "lost dog" ad

Who's dog is lost?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »

Giving out information, whether in person at a store, or even on the web can be dangerous for many people. It can lead to identity theft,credit card fraud and other stuff on up to the most serious crimes of rape or murder.
As a general rule I would only have workmen in my house when i was home and hopefully those workmen are with a reputable company that can be checked out through Better Business Bureau or Consumer fraud agencies. Maybe even if possible on things like a maid service try to hire some agency or person that is bonded so you know a backround check has been done on them and check to see if they have insurance. You will probably pay more for that level of worker but why take chances. Laborers should also have insurance to do work on your property. Think of the liability if one of them falls out of a tree or off a ladder and they are crippled. They could sue for lots of money.
Once you have decided on a laborer I would suggest staying at home if possible and keeping a cellphone on your person and be obvious about it. Call work or a friend and say in front of the worker "Hi I am at home and I have MR.------ here working now doing my floors" or whatever. Then you might invite the family or friend over too for company.Even if they decline the laborer doesn't have to know that. he will be thinking someone else is on the way over so he will be less likely to try anything.
The important thing for women is to NOT ignore their sixth sense that gives them subtle hints that something is wrong. IF you sense something have the person leave asap or you leave if you have to in order to be safe.
On that article it would be hard to second guess what really happened and the facts and possible motive will come out. Several possible scenarios could be domestic related as boyfriend/girlfriend argument that escalated. Another would be aquaintance/ handyman that made advances that were spurned and she was going to report him and he panicked.
They mentioned stabbing as cause of death and a lot can be determined on wither he brought the knife or it was already in the house and how many stab wounds the victim suffered. On scene weapon shows spur of the moment and the more stab wounds means more anger or passion involved.

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:28:36 PM »

Here's what a friend, a Rome City school teacher, told me today:
"He was her dry cleaner but had been stalking her apparently.  She was a great lady.  Her stepson Brian was the designer for our first Colour Connection shirt.  His dad worked at the Walmart West before being transferred out of town.  They were still together.  He just worked out of town."

We have a dry cleaner in town that offers pick-up and delivery at area businesses.  All of us took our stuff into work at Shorter College because it was convenient and they gave you a discount.  They had the same guy pick-up/deliver for years.  That was the guy!  I bet he picked up at the mortuary.  She probably just made small talk like ALL Southern women do!  It's just inherent.  We don't think twice about it most of the time.  "Hey, how are you?" is something we say to every person we pass on the sidewalk.  I can't tell you how many times I'd say that in Maryland and get strange looks or they'd even ask, "You're not from around here, are you?" 

Murali always came by my office at Shorter to say hi even if I didn't have clothes and would ask if I needed any help with anything.  Makes my skin crawl now.  It's sad to say, I think it's time to change old habits.  This isn't Mayberry anymore!  Now I'm going to always wonder if people are just being nice or if they are being too friendly.

Thanks, VaEagle, for the good advice.  I think you're right.  I need to reevaluate the way I do business and have better safety plans.  It is best to just pay more and be safe, but I'm still going to have to figure out how to arrange for someone else to be here during service appointments.  I used to just make sure one of the boys were home but that's been near impossible for last 4 years.  Since then, I've always been here alone when contractors come out.  Having someone else here just isn't feasible.  My parents live 3 hours away!  My neighbors either work or are elderly.  My friends work outside the home during the day.  This sucks!

I think I'll just have Biscuit trained to attack on command!!  Or do like the song says, "Ok, go ahead.  I'll be sitting here cleaning my gun." 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »

Remember V, guns are alot like tater chips n HD's....cain't have just one... :P

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:02:55 AM »

Now that is some serious hardware!!!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

Who's dog is lost?

:nixweiss:

Hey, Chip, just saw this.  Thanks for asking.  It was Robert's Annie-girl.  Well, technically she's Mike's but she quickly became Robert's when we moved up there.  She still is cause she won't leave the boy's side.  She sleeps with him at night and jumps up the minute she hears him move.  Both boys love her to pieces.  As much as they love Biscuit, they love Annie more.  We left Biscuit, the horse-puppy, with Michael last week for him to work with him and train him, so we brought Annie back with us in the meantime.  I've kept a close eye on her until Thursday morning.  The boys let her out when they left with their dad and I didn't know it.  When I went to check on her in her kennel, she was gone.  I called their dad and he said she went down the back stairs and they called her but she didn't come.  He left anyway and didn't tell me.  We spent 4 hours driving around the surrounding neighborhoods calling her.  Their dad drove around with them on every street within a 5-mile radius.  We called every vet in the phone book, called Animal Control, the Humane Society, and placed a huge photo ad in the paper.  The neighbors looked and I walked 5 miles up and down the mountain making sure she wasn't hit by a car.  I could call her from the back deck and would swear we could hear her barking but couldn't find her.  I thought someone took her.  We drove through every neighborhood every morning and every evening Thursday, Friday, and Saturday hoping to see her.  Turns out she jumped a wrought iron fence to go swimming in the pool at a vacant house for sale in the neighborhood across the street and couldn't get back out.  The neighbors found her when they got back from long weekend Sunday night and called Animal Control Monday morning.  Animal Control gave him my number.  I could walk to the house where she was at but because the wooded area behind their house, we couldn't see her from our road and because the house is so big, we couldn't see her behind the house from their street.  We picked her up yesterday morning around 9:30 AM.  I thought she cut her paw so I took her to the vet as soon as we got her back.  He saids it's not cut but raw from running on the concrete and scratching trying to get out.  Believe me, we are all relieved.  She is the best dog I've ever seen.  Robert has ASD and that dog has helped that child more than any other medical treatment or therapy.  I would have never been able to live with myself if something had happened to her.  Now, all I want to do is get her back to Michael ASAP!!  I don't want anything to happen to her.  She'll be back home in Maryland as soon as Mike can meet me.  I'm hoping that will be tomorrow or Thursday.  It's too stressful taking care of someone else's prized possession. 

I'm just glad she's home safe.  We've been babying her ever since.   She seems to be just fine now.  This morning Robert was lying under the trampoline using his feet to bounce the ball on the trampoline and Annie was on top of the trampoline catching it.  Too cute! 

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 11:33:44 AM »

Remember V, guns are alot like tater chips n HD's....cain't have just one... :P

I know others who represent that statement so it must be true!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

And yet another example of you never know...

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 24 queries.