Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Value of a 1999 FXR2  (Read 71097 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Value of a 1999 FXR2
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »

Ya know Brian...I went to the link and now I remember having read that :2vrolijk_21:

Also, since were talking exhaust here...I want to use this space to say THANK YOU to ultrafxr3 (Dave) for selling me a set of REALLY good looking Python 3 pipes. Our transaction went smooth as a babies butt; I paid Dave on Wednesday, pipes picked up and shipped on Thursday, and delivered to my front door step on Friday (Today)...I am totally pleased the way this went down...Thanks Dave  :2vrolijk_21:...

Oh, and I didn't even know they had the heatshields with them; so, for me that's an added bonus because I had forgot to ask Dave about those  :)

Dave's the best!  All-around, super-nice guy! ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08:20 PM »

Ya know Brian...I went to the link and now I remember having read that :2vrolijk_21:

Also, since were talking exhaust here...I want to use this space to say THANK YOU to ultrafxr3 (Dave) for selling me a set of REALLY good looking Python 3 pipes. Our transaction went smooth as a babies butt; I paid Dave on Wednesday, pipes picked up and shipped on Thursday, and delivered to my front door step on Friday (Today)...I am totally pleased the way this went down...Thanks Dave  :2vrolijk_21:...

Oh, and I didn't even know they had the heatshields with them; so, for me that's an added bonus because I had forgot to ask Dave about those  :)

Dave's the best!  All-around, super-nice guy! ;D :2vrolijk_21:

From my brief chats with him, I agree! BUT.......

Psst, I think his screen name is hdfxr3! :o ::) ;D ;)

ultrafxr is Jerry. He had a BLUE 3. Hope he gets it back! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hdfxr3

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • AL

• CVO1: fxr4 screaming yellow
    • CVO2: fxr2 stone cold blue
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »

Blaine, no problem. yes, i'm hdfxr3...Dave

Enjoy those pipes, they sound good! on that nice evo.  dave

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2008, 11:21:08 PM »

Hey Guy, Not to change the subject but could someone tell me what the difference is between the '94 and '95 Evo. I think the "95 was the last upgrade to the engine but I don't know what it was. If I recall correctly when I had my '98 FLH I would always see the oil pressure drop when I stopped at a light and was idling. I'm asking because I not accustomed to not seeing this gauge on the FXR and am wondering how much the pressure is dropping. Also, Is there a stronger oil pump on the market and does anyone think an Oil cooler is necessary?  Thanks, George
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 11:22:52 PM by gflvette2 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »

I've run Evo's til they stopped making them. I still have 2 and can't wait fort my 3rd to come home. I like the Evo better than the TC! Never had an OP problem with any of them. Never had these leak problems you guys speak of either. Stock and hot rodded motors. Yeah, when they came from the factory they had some leak issues. So what else is new. But like anything else with our HD's, it ain't rocket science. Cometic gaskets and gasket sealer in the right places, takes care of everything and then you can forget it! Joy even has weeping base gaskets too according to Jim. All original so no surprise there. Fixing that is all the excuse I need to get rid of the CA cam and have Vern do his magic Evo porting and bump CR a little! No reason these things can't be doing 1hp/in!

So George, ya wanna fix that OP problem, lose the gauge! Check your OP with a proper gauge in a tee your oil line for testing. If everything's good, put it all back and lose that gauge. Those rocker box mounted/sending unit mounted gauges were junk! ;)

And S&S makes a larger OP, but with a stock motor, the stock OP is fine! :2vrolijk_21:
Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »

I've run Evo's til they stopped making them. I still have 2 and can't wait fort my 3rd to come home. I like the Evo better than the TC! Never had an OP problem with any of them. Never had these leak problems you guys speak of either. Stock and hot rodded motors. Yeah, when they came from the factory they had some leak issues. So what else is new. But like anything else with our HD's, it ain't rocket science. Cometic gaskets and gasket sealer in the right places, takes care of everything and then you can forget it! Joy even has weeping base gaskets too according to Jim. All original so no surprise there. Fixing that is all the excuse I need to get rid of the CA cam and have Vern do his magic Evo porting and bump CR a little! No reason these things can't be doing 1hp/in!

So George, ya wanna fix that OP problem, lose the gauge! Check your OP with a proper gauge in a tee your oil line for testing. If everything's good, put it all back and lose that gauge. Those rocker box mounted/sending unit mounted gauges were junk! ;)

And S&S makes a larger OP, but with a stock motor, the stock OP is fine! :2vrolijk_21:
Hoist! 8)

Hoist...The point I was trying to make to George was to don't be concerned with his oil pressure, but only if he NEEDED/WANTED to keep an eye on or see what is pressure was while running to give him some indication where the pressure was at; then go the cheapest route and put a guage down by the sending unit as the cheapest way I KNEW to do this without buying a higher dollar oil pump or spending dollars on oil coolers whe there really is no need...I'm willing to bet if ya run a poll of EVO owners of the ten most problems had; oil pressure probably would be at the bottom if at all...

Got tha 18th embeded in tha brain waitin for pic of Baby Joy!... :2vrolijk_21:

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »

TY Hoist, Blaine.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2008, 09:57:33 AM »

Hoist...The point I was trying to make to George was to don't be concerned with his oil pressure, but only if he NEEDED/WANTED to keep an eye on or see what is pressure was while running to give him some indication where the pressure was at; then go the cheapest route and put a guage down by the sending unit as the cheapest way I KNEW to do this without buying a higher dollar oil pump or spending dollars on oil coolers whe there really is no need...I'm willing to bet if ya run a poll of EVO owners of the ten most problems had; oil pressure probably would be at the bottom if at all...

Got tha 18th embeded in tha brain waitin for pic of Baby Joy!... :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe! We're basically saying the same thing Blaine. I agree, don't look for problems that aren't there. These Evo's don't need oil coolers unless you're upping CR. Even then, it might not need it. My OT got kinda high on my WG with 10.5:1 CR so I added a thermostatically controlled Lockhart OC on that bike. But my 89" 9.8:1 stroker runs much cooler. But stock motors don't really need anything on the oil side. They need to get woken up though! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

Thanks again guys. Another question, Whats the difference between the '94 Evo and '95 Evo. As I understand it, the '95 was the last upgrade that was done to it. What is that upgrade. I'm asking because when I was looking at FXR's My concern was if there were any problems with the earler EVO's.  I know the 84-85 mixed the engine oil with Primary?? AND was done by design and then in 86 they pluged that hole that was designed to do that.  TY, G

scobar44

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2, Arresting Red
« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2008, 09:51:16 PM »

hey,gflvette2!   

I know the value of the bike you're describing!  I just bought it last week.  I gave $10,600.  He through in a Harley detachable windshield, Corbin seat, bike cover, FXR2-3 Service Manual, Harley Fork Lock, Harley Battery Tender Jr., original exhaust and backrest, and original owner's manual.  The machine was just as he described it.  When I picked it up, it had 2160 mi. on the odo.  What a fine ride!  I also have a 2001 Electra Glide Classic.  It feels like a school bus after riding the FXR2.  I think I'll get rid of it and stick to the hot rod FXR2!
Scott

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

Woohoo!  Another CVO FXR owner!  Welcome to the site scobar44! :2vrolijk_21:

Let's see pics. of the new scoot!

:worthless:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »

HeHe!!! And he also said HOT ROD!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Welcome aboard scobar44! Good luck with the new bike. I just bought a '99 BLUE3 myself and am waiting for it to ship to me! Looks like we can keep this Board cooking!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Any questions, just ask! Good luck with the bike and enjoy this great site! :drink:

Hoist! 8)

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2008, 11:42:08 PM »

Congradulations Scobarr44, Enjoy your ride.

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2008, 12:01:31 AM »

Scobarr~~~ "I know the value of the bike you're describing!  I just bought it last week.  I gave $10,600.  He through in a Harley detachable windshield, Corbin seat, bike cover, FXR2-3 Service Manual, Harley Fork Lock, Harley Battery Tender Jr., original exhaust and backrest, and original owner's manual.  The machine was just as he described it.  When I picked it up, it had 2160 mi. on the odo."

Ok...someone fill me in here....lol now what did you buy Scobarr for $10,600 with 2160 miles?
oh and welcome to the forum Scobarr....and congratulations on your "new' purchase.....now what did you buy?  LOL

Regards,

Tim

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »

Tim I'll bet you he bought it fron a guy named Grant. I offered him more but he wouldn't sell it to me for 12,500. So now he sells it for less. I soften him and another gets the kill. Go figure. Just my luck!!!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.