Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Freedom Wings  (Read 6184 times)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
Re: Freedom Wings
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2005, 04:21:30 PM »

10/24 X 3/4 is what I have in the holes on mine....   (10/32 was wrong...)
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

pfatmn

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »

I just put a pair of freedom wings on my ride. About 200 miles later my right side wing came off. I didnt notice untill I got where I was going . To bad for me.  The wings are great and may have come off because someone messed with them or my own error. I recommend everyone loctite the screws to avoid the problem.(I had faucet washer in place)  Also please note I called Freedom wing and talked to JIM he was great and the co is sending me out my missing wing at a special price. Tehse are good people with a good product.

[smiley=bigok.gif]

05yellowse

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2005, 04:22:01 PM »

I found a set at a HD dealer in northern Ca. The shop foreman had a CVO and bought extra sets for anyone who might want a set,Its one of the best purchases I have added.Helps when it rains and when going through a lot of hot weather. He told me to install finger tight,I ended up putting the ole wrench to it and they never cam loose,I also tightened up the screws on the wing itself to make it more difficult to turn. Have had no problems at all.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2005, 05:51:02 PM »

The red bike's have been on about 800 miles now.  Work great with no wobble or problem with them not staying where you put them.  Wouldn't have worried about them coming loose if you hadn't had a problem.  Now I'll have to go check so it doens't bug me  [smiley=drink.gif]

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2005, 06:55:33 PM »

Has anybody ordered the wings from Kuryaken yet?

Hey JC [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I have had those puppies on back order since April! End of May I was told should be in by June. Just called again today and dude at m&m had 3 other calls today, the one before me came from England ,thought of Tony. Anyway he is suppose to be emailing me when they are shipped to him. Will get some pics for ya when and if I ever get them.

He offered me my money back and I told him No worries mate (sorry just watched crocidile dundee) If it's not you I'm not worried about it. Then I ran across this thread and thought maybe I should get my money back and get these. But I think I will hold out for the Kuryakyns.

If I don't like them I will get the freedom wings and mount the Kuryakyns on my weed eater! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

See Ya, Bless Ya,     JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2005, 07:01:48 PM »

Hey J.Rud
Let me know if you decide that you don't like them.  I'll probably take them off your hands for you.   I think I like the looks of them, but I didn't want to wait so I went with the Freedom Wings....

2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2005, 08:04:59 PM »

It's good to hear the positive stories on the Freedom Wings. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  I kinda figured the guys at the Electra Glide Garage would know what they're talking about. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2005, 08:39:28 PM »

Hey JC [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I have had those puppies on back order since April! End of May I was told should be in by June. Just called again today and dude at m&m had 3 other calls today, the one before me came from England ,thought of Tony. Anyway he is suppose to be emailing me when they are shipped to him. Will get some pics for ya when and if I ever get them.

He offered me my money back and I told him No worries mate (sorry just watched crocidile dundee) If it's not you I'm not worried about it. Then I ran across this thread and thought maybe I should get my money back and get these. But I think I will hold out for the Kuryakyns.

If I don't like them I will get the freedom wings and mount the Kuryakyns on my weed eater! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

See Ya, Bless Ya,     JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

Thanks JR, thank I'll hold out till I see pictures of yours (from Kuryaken).  
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »

I found a set at a HD dealer in northern Ca. The shop foreman had a CVO and bought extra sets for anyone who might want a set,Its one of the best purchases I have added.Helps when it rains and when going through a lot of hot weather. He told me to install finger tight,I ended up putting the ole wrench to it and they never cam loose,I also tightened up the screws on the wing itself to make it more difficult to turn. Have had no problems at all.

05 do you remember which dealership it was that you bought them from?  Or which town?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2005, 09:58:28 PM »

Thanks JR, thank I'll hold out till I see pictures of yours (from Kuryaken).  

JC,
On Kuryakyn's site this is the only thing I could find.  From this photo it's difficult to tell how or where they open and adjust.  The description, however, says that they do  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=Harley&ci=3351

In general appearance these look better and more "finished" than the adjustable wings I got a couple weeks ago.  These others work fine.  But the Kuryakyn piece looks better.  Also looks like it attaches to the fairing with all three screws where there other pieces attach only with two.  Had  I known about these Kuryakyn goodies I'd likely not have ordered the ones I did.  Oh well, not the first time that's happened  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 10:01:22 PM by twolanerider »

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

Hey JR, did you order the smoke or mirrored ones?  I think the mirror might look nice but will wait for some pics as well.  I love the other stuff I copied off your bike so these will be just one more item in common.  Be safe.  JP [smiley=drink.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2005, 10:59:21 PM »

Thanks a bunch, Don! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

West Coast GTG   

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2005, 11:01:19 PM »

JC,
On Kuryakyn's site this is the only thing I could find.  From this photo it's difficult to tell how or where they open and adjust.  The description, however, says that they do  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=Harley&ci=3351

In general appearance these look better and more "finished" than the adjustable wings I got a couple weeks ago.  These others work fine.  But the Kuryakyn piece looks better.  Also looks like it attaches to the fairing with all three screws where there other pieces attach only with two.  Had  I known about these Kuryakyn goodies I'd likely not have ordered the ones I did.  Oh well, not the first time that's happened  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

The pictures on the Kuryakin site leave a lot to be desired, but the instruction sheet gives a description of how they operate.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »

The pictures on the Kuryakin site leave a lot to be desired, but the instruction sheet gives a description of how they operate.

Now I understand where they get their name.  Thanks, grc.  I'm not sure they would look very appealing deployed.  If I'm reading it right, they would only be attached at the lower point.  It would be very "dragon wing" looking, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2005, 01:47:49 AM »

Now I understand where they get their name.  Thanks, grc.  I'm not sure they would look very appealing deployed.  If I'm reading it right, they would only be attached at the lower point.  It would be very "dragon wing" looking, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Dragonfly wing kinda thing?  That would be funky  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .  I think I'm liking my new ones better and better all the time . [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.