Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Victory Motorcycles  (Read 14381 times)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
Re: Victory Motorcycles
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »

Hmmmm, sounds awfully familiar! I'll stick with my HD and take the responsibility to fix it on my own! FTF!!! FTW!!! FTD!!! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
I give what is the FTF , FTW , FTD   :nixweiss: I'm sure I know the F it's the rest I to stupid to get.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 09:08:47 PM »

I give what is the FTF , FTW , FTD   :nixweiss: I'm sure I know the F it's the rest I to stupid to get.

The Factory, The W.....ty, The Dealer! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »

Thank you , Thank you very much.  Some times I can be so dense.  ???   ;D

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 05:03:01 PM »

Just got back from an hour long test drive of the Victory Vision and then took out a Gold Wing for an hour also.
The Victory Vision was a street MDL. and had the stage one kit in it. The Vision was very nimble and you really do not feel the weight of the bike in traffic or in the twisties. Power does not show up until around 2500 RPM but there is plenty when you want it. The seat is comfortable and plants you in a good position no need to squirm around to find the right position. The floor boards are great, large and long so you won't need to buy highway pegs. The switches are in perfect position and easily accessible. The electric windshield is so cool , up stop the buffeting , down when it's to hot. Gear indicator for those that always try one more shift.
The dash is about 24" away from you so a bit weird if you don't ride a road glide, and from tip to tip of the mirrors is better than 48". The transmission is nosier than you can believe until 6th when it quiets down. It has a hydraulic clutch and does not engage until the lever is almost all the way out. Storage is adequate but does not come with interior bags and each unit must be locked separately. The bike comes with a 12 month warranty and for about $900 you can extend it to 36 months. A trunk is available on the touring MDL and can be removed by taking out 4 bolts an disconnecting a couple wires about a 15 min. job.
 I liked the Vision a lot , would I take it over my Ultra ? Not unless the Ultra develops more issue's then I would give it some thought as would I concider the Wing. thats another story.
In the next week or two I will be testing the BMW 1200LT , 1200GT , and hopefully the 1200R if you would like to know about those bikes or the Wing let me know. :) ;)

Dirkenstien

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »

Bigdog,

Nice write up. If you get a chance to test out the 1200R let me know how the test drive goes. That bike has always captured my interest.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 11:50:54 PM »

Just got back from an hour long test drive of the Victory Vision and then took out a Gold Wing for an hour also.
The Victory Vision was a street MDL. and had the stage one kit in it. The Vision was very nimble and you really do not feel the weight of the bike in traffic or in the twisties. Power does not show up until around 2500 RPM but there is plenty when you want it. The seat is comfortable and plants you in a good position no need to squirm around to find the right position. The floor boards are great, large and long so you won't need to buy highway pegs. The switches are in perfect position and easily accessible. The electric windshield is so cool , up stop the buffeting , down when it's to hot. Gear indicator for those that always try one more shift.
The dash is about 24" away from you so a bit weird if you don't ride a road glide, and from tip to tip of the mirrors is better than 48". The transmission is nosier than you can believe until 6th when it quiets down. It has a hydraulic clutch and does not engage until the lever is almost all the way out. Storage is adequate but does not come with interior bags and each unit must be locked separately. The bike comes with a 12 month warranty and for about $900 you can extend it to 36 months. A trunk is available on the touring MDL and can be removed by taking out 4 bolts an disconnecting a couple wires about a 15 min. job.
 I liked the Vision a lot , would I take it over my Ultra ? Not unless the Ultra develops more issue's then I would give it some thought as would I concider the Wing. thats another story.
In the next week or two I will be testing the BMW 1200LT , 1200GT , and hopefully the 1200R if you would like to know about those bikes or the Wing let me know. :) ;)

Good write on the Vision...although I have not been on one, I can see what you are talking about.  I am also interested in the BMW LT and the K1200GT.  Would like to hear what you have to say about the Wing, though I cannot bring myself to that point quite yet.  But the others, I would like to hear about.  Vision Alen Ness Street is at the top of my list at the moment.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 09:52:55 AM »

Your going to love the BMW 1200LT. I test drove one last spring and came this close {} to trading to one. Glad i didn't I know i would have came back to my true love Harley.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »

I had a couple requests to give my thoughts on the Gold Wing I tested yesterday so here goes. I took the Wing out after testing the Victory Vision and at first glance the Wing looks almost as large as the Vision but when you are in the drivers seat the Wing seams quite compact. there are enough buttons and switches to make a 747 pilot cringe , but that is because the Wing has a ton of electronics on it . An hour on the bike is now where long enough to play with all of them so I didn't try. The first thing I noticed when starting out was the Wing seemed a bit top heavy compaired to the Vision and compaired to my Ultra. It took a block to adapt but once that happens the bike feels great. The second thing I noticed was applying the rear break going down a steep driveway ,  they were almost non existent compaired to my Ultra. I believe this is do to the front and rear breaks working in unison if the front is applied. The Wing is very quiet and there is very little noise from the transmission. Shifting is very smooth and finding neutrial is a dream , compared to my Ultra and as for the Vision , neutrial is a lot like hide and seek . [More hide than find] The power in the Wing is one thing that got my attention, from 3000rpm on you have tones of power , not torque necessarily but get up and GO. Merging on a freeway you are at 80 in the blink of an eye and o so smooth. Now for the fun part , when you get going and hit the twistie's you can plow right through them . This bike is so stable and glued to the track it gives you confidence you may have lost along the way during your biking career. The bike is solid no flexing no wallowing just stable.
In slow traffic the bike is very stable and being a bit higher than the Vision or my Ultra I had to stretch a bit when at a stop light but never felt tippy.
The fit and finish on the Wing was absolutely perfect. The bags and the trunk are linked for locking and the latches to open each is out of sight under the trunk. Heated seats , heated grips all standard. The thing I noticed when sitting on the bike , you are very up right and you are sitting more in a slight lean forward position so a back rest would be very helpful. the other thing it needs is a pair of highway pegs so you can move around.
Standard warranty is 36 mo. which is sufficient.
I know I haven't said all that should be said about this bike but I'm already running to long, If I was looking for a bike I could add tones of chrome to and yet still be the same bike it would be the Wing. I will probably own one some day but first I have to test BMW and now I think we might have to look at MOTO GUZZI also.
The Wing is a great bike , doesn't draw a lot of attention to it's self but doe's the job excellently, you could not go wrong with this bike. :) ;)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2008, 11:28:02 PM »

tommorow is the Beamer road test, right????

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »

tommorow is the Beamer road test, right????
Actually I will be test riding the BMW's on Saturday . I will be on a bike trip Sunday thru Tuesday so I will do each bike separately after that. I think I will start a new thread for reviews of the BMW's. If any one has a request I would be more than happy to see if I could accommodate as long as I can find a  dealer to let me ride. ;D

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »

Bigdog,
Since you mentioned the Wing was a bit top heavy I will be interested in your comment on the BMW 12LT.  I hear that being top heavy is the biggest complaint on the BMW, particularly if you have the tp loaded up.
thanks!

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2008, 12:40:18 PM »

Had a 89 1500 wing and put 100,000 miles on it then upgraded to a 1800 wing.  The wings are very top heavy and harder to maneuver at slow speeds.  There motors are bullet proof however.  In 100,000 miles on the 1500 wing I had to replace a few vacuum hoses and replaced the water pump once.  The 1800 Wing I sold within the first year as it was for me way to uncomfortable.  To stretch my legs out on the extended foot pegs I looked like a women having a gynecology test done with my legs spread eagle around the motor.  Would actually start to really hurt the hips.  That was also a big complaint that many other Wing riders I knew had to complain about.  I've got two friends who both recently sold their 1800 wings and have been looking at Harley's. 

The wings do a very good job of keeping wind off you if that's your thing I personally like some wind otherwise why not just buy a convertible car.

Harley has some issues but still like the Harley over the Wing.
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2008, 01:35:10 PM »

Had a 89 1500 wing and put 100,000 miles on it then upgraded to a 1800 wing.  The wings are very top heavy and harder to maneuver at slow speeds.  There motors are bullet proof however.  In 100,000 miles on the 1500 wing I had to replace a few vacuum hoses and replaced the water pump once.  The 1800 Wing I sold within the first year as it was for me way to uncomfortable.  To stretch my legs out on the extended foot pegs I looked like a women having a gynecology test done with my legs spread eagle around the motor.  Would actually start to really hurt the hips.  That was also a big complaint that many other Wing riders I knew had to complain about.  I've got two friends who both recently sold their 1800 wings and have been looking at Harley's. 

The wings do a very good job of keeping wind off you if that's your thing I personally like some wind otherwise why not just buy a convertible car.

Harley has some issues but still like the Harley over the Wing.
[/quote
Thanks for the input , but could you be a little less descriptive . I got a visual and it scared me half to death. I agree you need a place to move your feet to . While I was at the dealer ship I did see a used Wing that had a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs that came back far enough as to be comfortable. What I really like about the Wing is its handling through the corners. Harleys wallow and are not sure footed without doing suspension up grades. The motor will smoke the stock HD motor . The point is if you want to buy a bike and put tones of miles on it with out buying thousands on change the Wing may be a good choice. :) ;)

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

Sorry about being to descriptive for you but as 6 foot tall with a set of highway pegs on the wing you are spread eagle which is way to uncomfortable.  I've owned three Ultras now and have felt that even in the corners the Harley out cornered the Wing.  Remember I have put a lot of miles on wings and will never go back.  The 1800 wing to me is like a Honda convertible on two wheels. Way to much plastic and way to top heavy.  If you love the wing then ride em just not my cup of tea anymore after getting my first Harley.  ;D
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »

Sorry about being to descriptive for you but as 6 foot tall with a set of highway pegs on the wing you are spread eagle which is way to uncomfortable.  I've owned three Ultras now and have felt that even in the corners the Harley out cornered the Wing.  Remember I have put a lot of miles on wings and will never go back.  The 1800 wing to me is like a Honda convertible on two wheels. Way to much plastic and way to top heavy.  If you love the wing then ride em just not my cup of tea anymore after getting my first Harley.  ;D
I totally agree about the plastic , but I would disagree regarding the cornering unless you make some changes to the HD suspension. As for changing bikes I have no plans on doing that at this point . I love riding any bike and so this is a way to enjoy riding and let other riders know what is out there and what they are like. Not trying to sell any thing not trying to slight any bike just purely enjoying the deference's in all the bikes out there. My experience is a culmination of 41 years of owning and riding all brands and looking at them from a touring or sport touring aspect.I hope others find the information useful. :) ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.