Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: What mods at dealer should I have done on 09 roadglide cvo  (Read 8223 times)

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
What mods at dealer should I have done on 09 roadglide cvo
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:00:26 PM »

Hi Gang I'm sure this is a redundant question but need some ideas.  My black and orange cvo glide should be in late next week, they tell me it usually takes Harley a week to get the papers put together and sent to them.  So I have a week at the dealer I could do some add on's.  I've never bought a brand new bike so little new at it.  Is the new Air filter a high flow filter?  The guy who helps you with these modifications said big fan of power commander as long as they have them right.  Said last year they took about 4 months on the 110's to get them right. 
Do I just drive it out without doing any mods till I see what would work best.  I obviously want the bike to breath better and get as much hp out of it as I can but don't want to over do it also.  Do I go with slipons from the dealer?
Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
Re: What mods at dealer should I have done on 09 roadglide cvo
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »

I am no expert, but I believe and did the 500 mile break in with any changes, now I am looking at pipes etc.............
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:15 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you. Hope to take delivery this week. Going to leave it stock through break in and probably wait until fall to see what's out there and what makes sense for me. One of the early items will be a taller windscreen.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »

Hi Gang I'm sure this is a redundant question but need some ideas.  My black and orange cvo glide should be in late next week, they tell me it usually takes Harley a week to get the papers put together and sent to them.  So I have a week at the dealer I could do some add on's.  I've never bought a brand new bike so little new at it.  Is the new Air filter a high flow filter?  The guy who helps you with these modifications said big fan of power commander as long as they have them right.  Said last year they took about 4 months on the 110's to get them right. 
Do I just drive it out without doing any mods till I see what would work best.  I obviously want the bike to breath better and get as much hp out of it as I can but don't want to over do it also.  Do I go with slipons from the dealer?
Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Congratulations!

First, take your time and relax. Think about what it is you want to accomplish. I want you (& everyone else buying a new bike) to remember one important thing: if you add an accessory before you take delivery, it will be covered under your full warranty. This is especially important to remember if you are adding any electrical components. If I had done this with the Bluetooth module it would have been covered. As it stands, because I added it after I purchased the bike, it is not under warranty. I can't remember if the heated hand grips were standard on the SERG but this is something you may want to look at.
I had the inner primary and oil temperature gauge installed prior to delivery.
I hope this helps and good luck.
AJ

Waco

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »

I believe that the moco will allow you 60 days to add accessories to your new bike and still be covered under the original warranty.

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 12:55:13 AM »

Hi Gang I'm sure this is a redundant question but need some ideas.  My black and orange cvo glide should be in late next week,

You are a very lucky man!  I have say I am in envy.  Congratulations!

My .02, Take your bike and wait on mods.  I know it's covered longer but what is really going to happen to an air cleaner and stuff like that.  I agree, if you want electronics or anything else you have heard or know that you are going to have possible quality problems maybe now is time to get them.

Wait a bit and see what pipes you really like.  Look into what people are doing with theirs, what works, what's new this year.  To me that starts the process of what else you need to do.  Besides it gives you more garage time with that new bike!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 08:20:47 AM »

My last 4 new HD's have been delivered with at least hi flow muffs, air cleaner and the "canned download".
My last new HD (see selling section, 07 serk, gawd what a shameless plug) was delivered that way and at around 500 miles I went with a SERT, A/C, real 2-1 exhaust and dyno tune because it still ran like ca ca with the slip ons.

Now, so far so good.

The 09 FLHTCUSE4 I am taking delivery on in October will be delievered with, if available, slip ons, air cleaner and " canned download" until I can get a hold of the applicable sert. 

I am not a an of ecm interupters only direct ecm interface units.  JMHO of course.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:22:48 AM »

My last 4 new HD's have been delivered with at least hi flow muffs, air cleaner and the "canned download".
My last new HD (see selling section, 07 serk, gawd what a shameless plug) was delivered that way and at around 500 miles I went with a SERT, A/C, real 2-1 exhaust and dyno tune because it still ran like ca ca with the slip ons.

Now, so far so good.

The 09 FLHTCUSE4 I am taking delivery on in October will be delievered with, if available, slip ons, air cleaner and " canned download" until I can get a hold of the applicable sert. 

I am not a an of ecm interupters only direct ecm interface units.  JMHO of course.

sell out!  holy crap, sell out!!

:P

donald.e

• donald.e
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »

The best Mod you can get is a 1584 twincam 96 Motor, or evan an EVO :-\

MikeD

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »

I'd probably wait, we dont know what the aftermarket world is going to do for us, like Rinehart etc.  Maybe some highway pegs, matching of course.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »

I'm thinking exactly holding off for 500 miles.  Maybe adding hi flow air filter I'm assuming that the new factory one isn't hi flow.  And of course hwy pegs.  Not much of a motor geek but the last SE I bought was only a year old and only had 900 miles but the previous owner put on the Power commander added se slip ons and hi flow airfilter.  Didn't run good until I added the hooker true tune duals and dyno'ed,  different animal then.  Heck I will probably change my mind 50 times in the next 2 weeks.
Thanks for all the advice it's greatly appreciated.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:48 PM »

Evo's forever :2vrolijk_21:...sorry fella's :nixweiss:...Donald .E got me started :D
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

MikeD

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 08:31:30 AM »

Hey Guys,
I called Vance and Hines and Rinehart to inquire about pipes on the new 09's.  V&H said they just got a new Sporty in and thats the only bike they're working on getting fitted with pipes first.  They do not know when they will be getting a touring model in.

Rinehart, said that they just took delivery of an FL last week and they are making it priority number 1 for their true dual system.  They said to expect them to hit the market in about two months.

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »

I ordered a Clearview windshield for mine today... one of the thing I feel will be a must, exp. on longer trips. dont mess with hd junk shields.
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 11:27:46 AM »

All good advice.

The only good thing about having to wait until Feb 09 to get my FLTRSE3 is manywill have tried different things and I will know what works, several pipe choices should be out by then too.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 20 queries.