Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 64

Author Topic: How did you learn about this web site?  (Read 130454 times)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: How did you learn about this web site?
« Reply #885 on: August 31, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »

From some CVO riders I ride with...

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

green machine

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2011 FLHXSE2

• CVO1: 2020 FLHXSE gray smoke/black hole
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE dark slate candy/artic black
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE kryptonite/black ice
« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »

I ran into other CVO owners in Sturgis this year and they mentioned it. Now i'm hooked!!

NSTY110RIDER

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2011, 11:08:04 PM »

While I was out riding, my GF and I stopped at Hells Kitchen for lunch and GrandpaDoc came up to us and introduced himself to us.
He said I really needed to check out this site and I have been hooked ever since.
2008 Screamin Eagle Road King

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #888 on: September 01, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »

Friend recommended it. Glad he did. Great info, great friends.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #889 on: September 01, 2011, 09:46:49 PM »

I have been searching for various FXR/FXR4 related content.  This site has the most out there for my father's model.  I feel it's very informational.  With my former H-D parts and service background, as well as an analyst for a major Federal Government Agency (we've been trained to search for things on a computer very well) I believe I will also be able to provide decent insight to fitment and other things that will keep the FXR's a viable choice for anyone wanting a decent factory custom motorcycle. 

First order of business, milling a custom handlebar clamp without speedo housing and with factory indicator light pod.  This will enable 3.5" spaced front ends to use the newer XL1200 custom curved riser.  The factory top clamp for an FXR4 is like the standard American units; has offset bolt pattern rather than XL1200 Custom.  Seems like a lot of forums out there have people searching for a top handlebar clamp with this bolt pattern so they can relocate their speedo without loosing their indicator lights.  The one from Joker Machine just doesn't look factory enough. 

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #890 on: September 01, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »

I have been searching for various FXR/FXR4 related content.  This site has the most out there for my father's model.  I feel it's very informational.  With my former H-D parts and service background, as well as an analyst for a major Federal Government Agency (we've been trained to search for things on a computer very well) I believe I will also be able to provide decent insight to fitment and other things that will keep the FXR's a viable choice for anyone wanting a decent factory custom motorcycle. 

First order of business, milling a custom handlebar clamp without speedo housing and with factory indicator light pod.  This will enable 3.5" spaced front ends to use the newer XL1200 custom curved riser.  The factory top clamp for an FXR4 is like the standard American units; has offset bolt pattern rather than XL1200 Custom.  Seems like a lot of forums out there have people searching for a top handlebar clamp with this bolt pattern so they can relocate their speedo without loosing their indicator lights.  The one from Joker Machine just doesn't look factory enough. 

And you didn't find us till Aug. of this year?   I hope you didn't pay for that training. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Just funing with ya......welcome to the board! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hank Hankerson

« Reply #891 on: September 01, 2011, 11:28:19 PM »

Until my father bought his bike and wanted to make changes to it, I really never had a need to look for anything Harley.  I can't afford one yet as most of my money is still going into our '66 Ford Thunderbird.  Having ridden my dad's quite a few times now, I think when I do get a bike, I'll track down an FXR4.  It's the perfect size for the wife and I.  No, I didn't have to pay for the training...the American taxpayers did...including myself.  So, in retrospect, I guess I did have to pay a couple pennies for my training.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #892 on: September 01, 2011, 11:33:42 PM »

I did a search for HD forums and found a few....kinda lurked and monitored for a while...joined a couple......this is now the only one I visit...the others were not half as friendly/usefull. Thanks for all the info, advice and help that I have recieved over the last year or so!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #893 on: September 04, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »

I was waiting for my 2010 FLHXSE to be delivered and searched for pics and info. Thanks to Google I was led to this site.  :2vrolijk_21:
Hawg

Kenny H

« Reply #894 on: September 04, 2011, 09:00:42 AM »

I was looking for a CVO Ultra Classic and your site popped up on Google. What a great resource. I can see I'll be back here a lot.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #895 on: September 04, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »

learned of it doing my homework on buying my 05 cvo FATBOY    when i saw that bike i had to have it .
 that bike is my personality  like it or not lol OK back to finding CVO site ADHD gets away from me a little bit
   was searching CVO fatboy in 05 and so site came up so i read every fat  boy thread 10 times to see what i was getting into and then read some other threads on the site and i thought it was an AWSOME site I always hung out with bikers and after reading the info onthe site sometimes i could help them out if they were stumped on an issue
i would go to the site and 9out of 10 times you guys knew what to do THANK YOU CVO SITE  I looked like i was smart or something lol!  by the way always loved harley  grew up around them had some dumpy ones but very proud of my 05 CVO FATTY thanks guys

GRAYGHOST731

glenn bob

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #896 on: September 04, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »

Wish I could remember but its been to long.  As u can tell I read more that I write.
Glenn bob

Grey Ghost

• Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac "C" x-pipe, 2" baffles, TTS, Monotubes

• CVO1: 2003 Dyna Wide Glide (non CVO)
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #897 on: March 27, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »

I suspected there had to be a CVO group or 2 out there so just did a search for 'CVO' and found the link to this forum.
Someone once said that the key to happiness is a bad memory. For the life of me, I can't remember who said it!!

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2012, 11:20:33 AM »

Found it when I was trying to locate my bike.  When I was researching questions about it, the forum popped up with a few words that met my criteria of the search.  Browsed as a guest until I purchased the bike.

Site has been absolutely great for information, advice, buying and selling.  Keep rocking!
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #899 on: March 27, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »

Found it when I was considering buying mine.  Lots of great people on this site from all over the world..Truly an international group of great guys and gals!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 64

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 25 queries.