Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash and burn  (Read 1814 times)

elky72ss454

Crash and burn
« on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:16 PM »

Here is a pic of my 1981 sporster that I wrecked in 1981. A little old lady turned left in front of me. There was no helmet law in Louisiana in those days. I flew over the car and hit my head on the curb. Fractured my skull in two places and I am permanently blind in my left eye. Also broke my left leg in four places. Both bones below the knee were broke in two different places. They put a 3/8" x 14" stainless rod in my leg. I wore a cast for six months. The rod was removed a year later, I still have it for a reminder, along with the scars and a bad eye.
 After I got out of the hospital, I bought a new 1982 low rider. I rode it home with my leg still in a cast. I made a special shoe so I could shift. Not very smart but I was young and had no fear...Can you say stupid!...I laid the low rider down twice while I owned it. Once a friend and I were riding side by side, and we ran into each other. Not sure who caused that wreck, must have been the drugs and alcohol. Budweiser and loco weed. Came out of that one with nothing more than a concusion.
 The next time was at a RR crossing. The tracks crossed the road at an angle and it had been raining. The bike went down the tracks and I went down the road. Nothing hurt that time but my pride and the bike.
 I was married and had one young son, I decided that I would give up bikes so that I could be around to see him grow up.
He now attends  LSU studying to become a doctor. I now have a new FXSTSSE springer. I am older now and wiser. (I hope) The drugs are no longer a part of my life and I do not drink and drive. Although I do still drink. Maybe things will be better this time around. I sure hope my son never has to treat me for motorcycle wounds...Wish me luck!

Firechief2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCU3
    • Calgary Red Knights
Re: Crash and burn
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »

Sounds like your finished with the "real bad ones"  ;D , good luck and ride safe !!
Roy J
Past President Calgary Red Knights
Deputy Chief (retired) SFD

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »

i think u had ur fair share of unexpected get offs, best of luck with the new bike, greetings from switzerland

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing and I agree your angel has definately put in some OT-glad to hear you grew up  :huepfenlol2: Nice work with the LSU man!

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

charlie

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »

Thanks for sharing ride smart.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 08:09:05 AM »

We all have done many stupid things in early years and I still wounder how did I made through those years.  The fact that you're not saying that you're proud of what you did is a Major turn around and sign of wisdom.
Keep those wheels turning and ride safe.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.