Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: Bagger Brace Review  (Read 37081 times)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Bagger Brace Review
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 09:37:14 PM »

i experienced a tank slapper yesterday, by far the worst i've had. :drink:

08 fltr tourglide,hd progressive 440's avon/venom tires.  opened it up really good on a long straight away. everything going well hit 120mph and let off throttle well around 70 er so she started wobbling and getting worse by the moment. got real serious for a bit :vrolijk27:

i hung on and started to weave slightly and came out of it. GOT MY ATTENTION!

these devices help here?

TN

been pondering on this for a few days and i maybe should have throttled out of it. :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 12:24:06 PM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »

I purchased, installed and tested the Bagger Brace. Here is my review: Cost was acceptable being $100.00 less than the competitors; Quality of the manufacturing is excellent; Installation was 50 minutes without setting up the necessary tools; Instructions were clear and concise, thus, pretty much idiot proof; Road Tested, 119 mph on straight highway handling was absolute, reverse grade twisties at 75 mph (floor boards scraping) handling was absolute, traveled 50 miles with 30 - 35 mph crosswinds handling was absolute.

This is only my opinion / review, I am in no way associated with Bitchin Baggers and or Phoenix Customs

Sean M Cary

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »

I purchased, installed and tested the Bagger Brace. Here is my review: Cost was acceptable being $100.00 less than the competitors; Quality of the manufacturing is excellent; Installation was 50 minutes without setting up the necessary tools; Instructions were clear and concise, thus, pretty much idiot proof; Road Tested, 119 mph on straight highway handling was absolute, reverse grade twisties at 75 mph (floor boards scraping) handling was absolute, traveled 50 miles with 30 - 35 mph crosswinds handling was absolute.

This is only my opinion / review, I am in no way associated with Bitchin Baggers and or Phoenix Customs

getting to sound like a broken record here...  Got a J&S or other jack that lifts from the dog bone?

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

Whats the deal with the dog bone lifting spot? I have a crappy Sears jack and I put it across the dog bone for the rear lifting point when I changed my rear tire.  It worked fine. The Bagger Brace doesn't stick down any further than the brace itself, it's flush across the bottom, so if you place the rear lifting spot across the frame along the dog bone it didn't affect it in any way that I can tell.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 08:08:41 AM »

Whats the deal with the dog bone lifting spot? I have a crappy Sears jack and I put it across the dog bone for the rear lifting point when I changed my rear tire.  It worked fine. The Bagger Brace doesn't stick down any further than the brace itself, it's flush across the bottom, so if you place the rear lifting spot across the frame along the dog bone it didn't affect it in any way that I can tell.

what I am wondering is if you CAN put the jack against it...  If not, that would negate some of the J&S's rock solid sturdiness.

I had a Sears jack, took it back the J&S is much better.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

getting to sound like a broken record here...  Got a J&S or other jack that lifts from the dog bone?

I have the Handy table lift with the side extensions, same lift as the dealers.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2008, 11:31:56 AM »

Bill, good review. have you used these type of devices before? it has my attention. i'm gonna try one on my 08fltr.

i hope the 09 doesn't need it. :coolblue:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2008, 12:07:21 PM »

Bill, good review. have you used these type of devices before? it has my attention. i'm gonna try one on my 08fltr.

i hope the 09 doesn't need it. :coolblue:

TN

I have not used any of these devices prior to the Bagger Brace. I was not impressed with either material, design and or concept of other products. Again, as prevously stated this is my opinion / review, I am impressed with the construction of the Bagger Brace with regard to material, design / concept, installation instructions, cost along with the results of my evaluation. My selection involved concept, design, material, cost and ease of installation in that order.

harliechick

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

Of course it works because it's yet another duplication of the original stabilizer - True-Track. True-Track put 11 years of hard work into the R & D  before it was brought on the market and since then everyone has decided to duplicate their product in one form or another. Does your bagger brace come with a life time warranty?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »

Does your bagger brace come with a life time warranty?

It's not as if there's much to fail :nixweiss: .

I don't even remember if mine is a True Track or a Ride Str8.  Just know it does its job enough to suit me.  Hard to get terribly concerned over more than that.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »

Of course it works because it's yet another duplication of the original stabilizer - True-Track. True-Track put 11 years of hard work into the R & D  before it was brought on the market and since then everyone has decided to duplicate their product in one form or another. Does your bagger brace come with a life time warranty?

Not quite clear if this is directed towards me, however, I stand by my opinion / assessment of the Bagger Brace after >3500 miles dealing with the winds of the desert. If memory serves me, I believe the Bagger Brace was considerably less expensive ($100.00) than other so-called comperable products on the market. The guarantee I have, "if for any reason you do not feel the Bagger Brace is not performing as advertised return it for a full refund". I do expect to pay the return shipping cost should this ever be the case, however, I do not see what could possibly result in my returning the product. As previously stated not much can fail.

Regarding Lifetime Warranty, please explain to me the specifics of such, should the company merge, sell, and or file BK. Would that be considered a less than lifetime warranty, if so, can I opt for that plan, and may I receive the discount for accepting that plan and then will the cost be comperable.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »

Not quite clear if this is directed towards me, however, I stand by my opinion / assessment of the Bagger Brace after >3500 miles dealing with the winds of the desert. If memory serves me, I believe the Bagger Brace was considerably less expensive ($100.00) than other so-called comperable products on the market. The guarantee I have, "if for any reason you do not feel the Bagger Brace is not performing as advertised return it for a full refund". I do expect to pay the return shipping cost should this ever be the case, however, I do not see what could possibly result in my returning the product. As previously stated not much can fail.

Regarding Lifetime Warranty, please explain to me the specifics of such, should the company merge, sell, and or file BK. Would that be considered a less than lifetime warranty, if so, can I opt for that plan, and may I receive the discount for accepting that plan and then will the cost be comperable.

This may have come up previously.  A very quick scan didn't find it and the question is in my head now.  So....

Does the new bracket or any other unseen component get in the way of the tranny drain plug?  Or is it all still clear?

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2008, 03:59:46 AM »

This may have come up previously.  A very quick scan didn't find it and the question is in my head now.  So....

Does the new bracket or any other unseen component get in the way of the tranny drain plug?  Or is it all still clear?
Still clear

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2008, 04:35:51 AM »

Eagleguy

• CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 03:38:50 AM »

I've also installed the Bagger-Brace and I'm very happy with it! It's a much easier install than the others and it absolutely works! It's very well made and $100 cheaper. You can't go wrong with it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.