Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The power of observation  (Read 1927 times)

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
The power of observation
« on: August 24, 2008, 04:09:05 PM »

I just spent the weekend at Erie PA with my girlfriend and 2 other couples.We stopped at a shopping center because there was a lot of bikes around this area in the lot and happy to see 95% American Iron.My 1 buddy has a FXR3 and the other a Wide Glide.I was talking to a few guys with new SE's and I sort of got the impression from these guys that the older CVO bikes FXR's that did not meet with there definition's of the CVO line.A number of people didn't even know about the 98-00 FXR's.It was wild,this 1 guy's attire was all SE.Shirt hat ect...  and he didn't even know.But to my surprise he got a gold key and I didn't  Oh boy ! They don't know what there missing...

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: The power of observation
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 04:12:44 PM »

Not everyone knows where it all began! If it wasn't for the early years, he wouldn't be riding that new bike now. I'll take it he didn't know about our site?

SEFXR4

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »

I was talking to a guy and before I even mentioned the site he asked me if I visit the site. I explained to him I was a newbie and the information that I obtained from the guys on the site was amazing.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »

I was talking to a guy and before I even mentioned the site he asked me if I visit the site. I explained to him I was a newbie and the information that I obtained from the guys on the site was amazing.

He couldn't be that bad then  ;D.

elvislee

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »

I just spent the weekend at Erie PA with my girlfriend and 2 other couples.We stopped at a shopping center because there was a lot of bikes around this area in the lot and happy to see 95% American Iron.My 1 buddy has a FXR3 and the other a Wide Glide.I was talking to a few guys with new SE's and I sort of got the impression from these guys that the older CVO bikes FXR's that did not meet with there definition's of the CVO line.A number of people didn't even know about the 98-00 FXR's.It was wild,this 1 guy's attire was all SE.Shirt hat ect...  and he didn't even know.But to my surprise he got a gold key and I didn't  Oh boy ! They don't know what there missing...

There's a bunch of (many more than us CVO FXR owners) CVO owners out there and on our site who know where, why, and how, the CVO program began and the results of that program that exists today. Unfortunately there are some of those CVO owners for what ever reason just don't want to give credit where credit is due and no matter how much factual information they digest; these folks will only regurgitate it...Why?...Who really knows? But, thanks to this site; we have what I think may be as close to a factual historical record (Thanks Tim) as any out there. Before joining this site I couldn't tell you didley squat as to the history of the FXR and or the CVO program; now I am enlightened and better educated to the facts as best can be and can at least hold a descent conversation of the FXR and the CVO program without seeming totally ignorant of the facts...So, if they don't want to accept our CVO FXR's as true CVO bikes; hey, we know the truth and we can just sit back and smile when or if they try to tell us differently... :2vrolijk_21:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:16:04 PM »

Blaine~~~Who really knows? But, thanks to this site; we have what I think may be as close to a factual historical record (Thanks Tim) as any out there. Before joining this site I couldn't tell you didley squat as to the history of the FXR and or the CVO program; now I am enlightened and better educated to the facts as best can be and can at least hold a descent conversation of the FXR and the CVO program without seeming totally ignorant of the facts...

Thank you.....and what you just stated is what I have hoped that the "FXR HISTORY" would provide for us all.....I TOO have learned a lot from everyone, who has contributed and will hopefully continue to contribute.....the more accurate and interesting the "FXR HISTORY" becomes the greater the benefit to all of us in helping others to embrace what we ourselves are embracing, that as FXR owners we truly own one of the best bikes Harley Davidson has created.

For us guys here specifically with the FXR part of this forum, we have Mike (REDFXR2) to thank for responding to anyone that would quietly enter our section of the Forum and address anyone's question.....as he knows there were some PRETTY LEAN DAYS/MONTHS/YEARS....lol....wondering if anyone would find this site....lol....and of course now....the book end of that discussion continues with HOWIE.....HOWIE will be our NATIONAL SPEAKER....lol which is awesome.....as I throw my hands over my eyes wondering what will happen to "JOY".....peeking through my fingers....just waiting.....

Hopefully this FORUM will serve all of us over the years as a wonderful place to gain insight into our bikes and further our passion for them....I am really excited to see so many joining in on the discussions whether they have an FXR2, FXR3, or FXR4 as the breath and scope of our topics become opportunities to learn about other's opinions and ideas.....

I look forward to always learning from you as well as others here....there is a wealth of knowledge just waiting to help each other.....and personally I believe that indeed knowing about the "HISTORY" of something provides a "lamp" to enjoy the future with.....

Everytime I go out to my garage....I see something that I enjoy riding, working on, and even cleaning, as well as teasing one another about which APE HANGERS one [Howie  :2vrolijk_21: ]is going to choose to ride with, amongst other topics as well.

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:21:24 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »

Tim, I might surprise ya with this bike! ::) ;)

Some people just know they have a CVO and know that it's special. They're all not into it like we are! They also think an FXR is a Dyna!!! Don't let em all in on the secret! It keeps us exclusive, like a cult!!! :D :D :D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »

:nixweiss:  Howie I didn't know it would turn to this......   :bananarock:

oh Blaine....lol..... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

I sort of got the impression from these guys that the older CVO bikes FXR's that did not meet with their definition's of the CVO line.A number of people didn't even know about the 98-00 FXR's.It was wild,this 1 guy's attire was all SE.Shirt hat ect...  and he didn't even know.

I came to the conclusion several years ago that the CVO operated under the radar, even among HD diehards for the first few years.  Small production quantities.  It wasn't until they started making CVO baggers and loading them with SE stuff that the word finally got out.  So to most of those folks, the CVO started with the SE equipped bikes.  And yes, I liked the SE connection so much I sort of did that on my own to my FXR2.  But to a lot of folks, it just can't possibly be a CVO if it isn't a fully loaded, chromed out bagger.

I also think that to most HD folks, the CVO is seen as the top of the HD line.  Most expensive, most loaded, whatever, and that's always going to be a bagger.  That's all fine, but it ignores the fact that other, more truly limited issue bikes can have appeal to riders as well. The CVO quickly became a cash cow, when HD realized that they didn't have to put that much more production cost into a bike to sell it at a greater profit, so they made more and more of them.

So it doesn't surprise me that some wouldn't know about the early CVO bikes.  Heck, I have a hard enough time getting HD employees to acknowledge the existence of the entire production run of FXR's from 1982 to 1994.  Happened again just last week when the new kid at the parts counter tried to sell me a Dyna part. ::)

RedFXR2

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »

Everytime I go out to my garage....I see something that I enjoy riding, working on, and even cleaning, ...

I went out riding today and washed the bike upon returning and thought (again) this same thing.  I just don't get tired of it.

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.