Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Drum Roll Please!!!!  (Read 12273 times)

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Drum Roll Please!!!!
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2008, 10:50:44 AM »

MikeD, congratulations on your new SERG. Have you thought about replacing the passenger footpegs with floorboards for some additional passenger comfort? I expect that before too long your wife mention that the footpegs don't cut it for comfort. Also, what was the part number for the passenger backrest that you purchased?

MikeD

« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2008, 03:28:44 PM »

MikeD, congratulations on your new SERG. Have you thought about replacing the passenger footpegs with floorboards for some additional passenger comfort? I expect that before too long your wife mention that the footpegs don't cut it for comfort. Also, what was the part number for the passenger backrest that you purchased?

51579-05

I'm looking at doing the floor board here this week myself.  I'll move her pegs up to the front as highway pegs, I miss them.  I'll go with the swept wing floor board that are on the SEUC4, I'll find something that matches the rumble collection as best as I can until they come out.  I got the highway peg kit yesterday so I may get started on it this week.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2008, 07:31:39 PM »

MikeD, thanks for the part number...
Hopefully the Rumble collection swept wing insert will be available soon, until then the Streamliner looks to be the only insert that might look ok with the rest of the Rumble collection parts.

MikeD

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

I didn't see that one, I did see the stealth one.  I'm gonna look that one up.  Thanks!

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:36 PM »

ha, I didn't see the stealth, that one would look good too...actually probably better than the Streamliner, but the price is kind of high for a temporary solution.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 08:26:04 PM by Guilty »

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »

Hi Guys   I changed out my reg wind deflector for the 12 KW shield.   Not bad but could be about 2 inches taller (I"m 6'2" 34 inseam)  It hits me on the top of the head but it's not a disruptive wind.  Looks pretty cool though.  GF said she gets more wind on this bike than the 06 SE ultra I previously had.  She did say the bike felt smoother, and she loves the way it looks.  My advice is though don't let them ride with a tourpak cause once they do they are ruined for life.  We got in about 100 miles on it with her on it and her butt was "achy" but not bad.  Again she got real use to that big touring seat. 
Love to see klockwerks make it about 2 inch taller and dark tint at least the first 6 inches.  That would be the ticket. 

Mike,  You hit right on the head I think I would be cramped up now riding a batwing bike again, I'm amazed how this bike slices the corners.  Let me know what you do with the mufflers  I like that fat look the stock ones have but wow the sound just sucks.  No Rumble at all. 
Cant wait to really crank the bike up and give at good hard ridin'

MikeD

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

Great!  I had the 8" klock werks and I definitely need some more.  I'm getting hit mid face and my wife has the same opinion!  She wants floor boards.  But she loved the suspension, she wants to her the motor though!

I found some Cobra's that are a 4" pipe like the stock ones.  The bub7's are reversable so you can go with a reverse slash cut and it will flow with the rear of the bike.  The mounting brackets on the Vance and hines made the pipe hang way to low.  After lookin at the Rhineharts, I think they'll do the same thing.  I've got to see a better pic of the Cobra so I can tell what there mounting brackets look like. 

I've got the kw 12" on order.  I got the 8" for free and they take it back on the trade.  How does you old lady like the stereo.  It could be because of the noise, buy my wife says she could barely hear it today when we were rolling 50+. 

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2008, 10:03:49 PM »

tdowell65, the 12" KW windshield looks great, I am 5'10 and thinking the 8" KW black color will work well during the summer and maybe the 12" KW dark tinted for the winter. I am trading in my 08 Inferno Orange CVO Springer for the Electric Orange/Vivid Black CVO Road Glide this week and I am in the process of getting my shopping list prepared. It is nice to see a picture of what it will look like on the SERG.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »

I have a 12" KW windshield sitting in the garage waiting on my baby.  I ordered it straight from Klock Werks and it was here in three days.  I was really surprised.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 06:47:27 AM »

ha, I didn't see the stealth, that one would look good too...actually probably better than the Streamliner, but the price is kind of high for a temporary solution.

Your right!  I may just make her wait!  Although it won't be had to resell either one on ebay.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2008, 07:07:37 AM »

Radio not to bad.  At 70 I have to crank it up but still can hear it.  We were on backroads and she said she heard it fine.  I think it has something to do with the KW shield.  Like somebody else said here It sounds like I've got a lot of wind on me but in realty not much.  But it racing past my ears.  She rides with her head out to the side and when we stopped for dinner she was talking about how much wind was stinging her face.  I have a cheap shield ordered from ebay just to see how it works but really don't want to put that on.  Just my opinion on a roadglide when you put one of those big normal shields on one it really makes that front fairing look big but also want to be comfortable.  Dealer told me power commander wont be ready until Oct but if you guys hear of one earlier let me know.  I've got couple hundered miles on mine and am ready to let the bike breath. 
Has anybody taken the reflectors off yet.  Little nervous about taken the ones off the paint but I snipped the back one off really dorky back there.  Somebody else here was going to replace the chrome liscense plate lite with a led light plate holder bet that will look good. 
Gotta go wipe it off for the 1000th time..

MikeD

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2008, 07:22:25 AM »

Terry,
My guy told me the se tuner was available now and in stock.  I'll double check, I dont see it on the MOCO website.  I'll have to ask him again.

On another note, got 364 miles in and still loving it.  Got to do yard work today and it's overcast real bad.  Expected to rain this afternoon.  Got in a really good 140 mile trip yesterday with the wife, loved it.  It was great.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 08:05:30 AM by MikeD »

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »

hey guys, congratulations on the new scooters, and thanks for mentioning the Klock Werks, went on line last night and saw the solid 'black' one that I kinda like, got up at 7 to get the bugs off, real easy with all the wax that's underneath, goin' to the Eastern Shore to Red Eye's Dock Bar today...bikini contest :pineapple:...lot of bikes there today
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »

tdowell65, to take the reflectors off the painted parts just heat the area up with a hair dryer and take a piece of dental floss behind the reflector and it will come right off. You will probably still have some left over glue on the paint that you can take off with your finger nail or use some skin-so-soft and a cotton swab and that should remove the rest of the glue without damaging the paint.

With regards to speakers, it looks like J & M Audio has a really nice solution, here's a link:
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HRUS-06GT&PF=6

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »

anyone notice a vibration...? this thing is a -bout to raddle my teeth out.. my 07 was very smooth, is it the 110?........?????

also the susp will bottom out hard!!
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 20 queries.