Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle  (Read 12902 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle
« on: September 07, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »

Brought the new SERG home last eve, 2 1/2 hour ride. The seat "burned me out" by the time I arrived home. Does anyone know if the mounting for the rider seat and passanger pillion is the same, as the 08 Street Glide.

The Corbin 08 Street Glide, Dual Tour catches my eye.

I have had 2 prior Dual Tours and they were perfect, very nice! Rode the last one 14 hours to Sturgis on an X, no problem!

Thanks in advance.

Iglide
The impossible just takes a little longer

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
Re: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »

I visited w/ the Corbin rep while I was @ Milwaukee HD for the 105th. He said it would be October before we would see anything for the '09 Touring HD's. Their current '08 seats do not match-up w/ the new rear fender/frame. I purchased a new '09 Sundowner Deep-Bucket "Street Glide" touring seat for my '09 SERG3, rode to Milwaukee on it, nice seat.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 04:25:52 PM »

Thanks HD

MikeD

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 08:11:42 PM »

I rode with my wife on a 150 mile trip last week, my rear end (she tells me I have no arse), anyways, my rear end was hurting.  I experienced the same thing with my SE fat boy, rode from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta in one day on the stock seat.  Anyways, I'll be looking at alternatives for the long road trips.  I'll use the stock for Maggie Valley, but I may ride down to Octoberfest, that will require a seat change or enhancement of some sort.

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »

I put 150 on mine today and that seat is a killer.  Thinking about pulling it off and sending it to the upholsterer to take the guts out and replace with memory foam.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

MikeD

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:21:41 AM »

I put 150 on mine today and that seat is a killer.  Thinking about pulling it off and sending it to the upholsterer to take the guts out and replace with memory foam.

I maybe interested in doing something like that, maybe some gel too?  Do you have anyone in mind.

tdowell65

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC 8
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »

I emailed Sherry at Danny Gray and she said an 08 and 09 would fit.  It seems to me that it would be wrong, but in the Harley parts catalog they have a solo seat that fits 08 and 09 touring bikes.  My seat is the same way it will make your A--  sore in a hurry.  Also when I'm sitting on it pulls away from the tank.  You would think they would have a better fit for that.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:12:02 AM »

Mike, at So Cal Cycle Seats,

Reworked a stock X seat for me a couple years ago. He reshaped the stock foam and added a gel pad to the rider and passanger pillion. I sent him some Corbin leather with the ostrich print and the results worked well. It wasn't a Corbin, but it wasn't $900 either. Seems like the total rebuild was bout $250. That may work for me while Corbin figures out what fits what.

I will try to contact them today and see if he still does this type of work.

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 09:00:37 AM »

I put a Harley Badlander seat on my SERG for riding around town which looks good ,but definitely wouldn't work on longer rides.  I'd like a gel seat if someone comes up with something that fits.

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »

ok, this might be psychosomatic ???...but...I dressed and massaged my seat with the H-D leather dressing that came w/the bike and I swear its softer!!!...I was a little sore the other day when I rode 200 miles, but yesterday(post massaging)my arse didn't feel bad at all - and I did over 300 yesterday...go figure...plus the dressing gives a nice deep lusture to the seat...and not ArmourAll slippery whatsoever...did my Deuce seat as well, stuff works great :2vrolijk_21:
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

rasmusmi

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »

If you like the looks of the OEM seat that comes on the 2009 SERG but wish it was a little "nicer" to your butt on long hauls, check out the memory gel-pad cushions these guys make. I saw and sat on some at their display booth at the HOG 25th Anniversary Party at Miller Park in Milwaukee a couple weeks ago and liked them a lot...and they're MUCH cheaper than a whole new seat!
Something to consider... :-\

http://airrider.com/store/

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

I emailed Sherry at Danny Gray and she said an 08 and 09 would fit.  It seems to me that it would be wrong, but in the Harley parts catalog they have a solo seat that fits 08 and 09 touring bikes.  fit for that.
[/quote]My seat is the same way it will make your A--  sore in a hurry.  Also when I'm sitting on it pulls away from the tank.  You would think they would have a better

I called Corbin today asking about a seat, the guy told me that they could make the seat :nixweiss: I have an appointment Saturday morning for a ride in, were lucky we live so close they will make it while we wait! So I'll let everybody know if he's right or not!!

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »

I've got a corbin solo with pillion new in the box for an '08 Road Glide.  I sold my '08 Road Glide so that I can get the '09 SERG before I ever mounted up the new Corbin seat.  This Corbin seat had better fit my new SERG, the other manufacturer's '08 seats are fitting the '09's! 

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »

Boy! I hope so, I'm going to Street Vibes in Reno then up to Idaho to see the G-daughter will be putting on 1400 miles total, I NEED THE CORBIN!!!

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 10:41:21 PM »

Thanks for your comments gents. I called Corbin today and they told me the 08 Street Glide Dual Tour would not fit the 09 SERG. They were very forward about it. Almost like, no and I mean NO! They said that many of the other seat manufactures had pans that flex and may or not fit. However; their pans would not flex and mold to that new rear fender.

I asked to speak to an R&D guy and he told me that they were at least 30 days our for a new pan work up for a Dual Tour, that will fit the new SERG. Well..... that's the seat I have experience with and fits my ....
Anyways seems that they need a 09 SERG to fit up a pan for a dual tour seat and they don't have one just yet.

I offered to bring mine out for a couple of days and the dude said, laughing; they would need it for 30. Well that caused me to fall our of this chair, flop around on the floor, and have a major epileptic fit. My wife had to rush me to the hospital, for major medical and psychiatric help!   Honest....... uh... just got back....

So, if one of you fine gentlemen would do your duty and step up to the plate and loan them your bike, for ... well awhile that would help all of us resolve this issue.

As a last resort I called back and asked if the Classic Solo and Touring Pillion for the 08 Road Glide would fit, and they said they didn't know, cause......................................... They haven't tried it yet and didn't have a new 09 SERG to fit it up .......... Well that's what I got out of em...

Maybe my butt will break in and mold that new foam before it breaks my ass.  Guess I'll wait and see.    :-0
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 20 queries.