Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle  (Read 12905 times)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »

Well like I said I'll find out Saturday! if they can make a solo or something that would fit they can use my seat for as long as they like! ( Not the Bike ) Really I don't need a touring seat anyway Soozie rides her own.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 11:44:31 PM »

You're a lucky man to have a wife that rides her own bike. Mine won't, two up is a PITA! I'm working on her though.
Good Luck next week. I would really like to see the Corbin plant. Are you wanting the Classic Solo? That and the Touring Pillion would work for me, if the Dual Tour is long lead time.
The impossible just takes a little longer

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:45:47 PM »

Well, I rode some more today and my a$$ did not hurt as much... but my face really hurt.  Guess from that huge smile I had on all day!   ;D
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »

Corbin can have my bike right now!  All they need to do is go to HD, see it through production, grab it and take it back to their site, use it for a model, and send it back to me with a new Corbin seat on it.  I'm thinking that, if they talk nicely at the HC plant, I might have my bike before the forecasted January '09 date that my dealership is giving me.  Corbin....Are you listening??!!

I will be interesting to see if my classic solo seat and touring pillion from my '08 Road Glide will fit the '09 SERG.  Iselbulls, it sounds like you might be checking this out on Saturday while you are at Corbin??

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:08 PM »

I happen to LOVE the seat and can ride all day long on it.  Guess some of us just have more "sensitive" posteriors.
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »

I visited w/ the Corbin rep while I was @ Milwaukee HD for the 105th. He said it would be October before we would see anything for the '09 Touring HD's. Their current '08 seats do not match-up w/ the new rear fender/frame. I purchased a new '09 Sundowner Deep-Bucket "Street Glide" touring seat for my '09 SERG3, rode to Milwaukee on it, nice seat.

Do you happen to have the Part Number handy??? Need to order one before my M.V trip. Thanks Greg   
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »

About So Cal and the saddle rebuilds with gel pad inserts:

I contacted So Cal Cycle Seats and they commented that they don't do that kind of work anymore. Mike doesn't work with them now, but I will continue in my attempts to contact him. I have several calls in to his cell.
Sorry folks but it looks like a dead lead. So..... for now....

Carlos, I will do the HD dressing thing this eve.... and

Talon, guess I will order some Monkey Ass.... hmmmmm.... maybe I could get my wife to help me with....

Well, never mind.....

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »

I've seen those gel inserts go to he!! in a handbasket.  Got lumpy and hard from being out in the sun.  I would not go that route.  There is an uphiolstery shop here in Escondido where the guy pulls the leather, cut out some foam and inserts memory foam.  That has been successful on quite a few bikes.  He charhed $120.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

Sounds great Sblair,
Does he have a website, or     Name and number, I would like to give him a call, THANKS !

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 03:12:23 AM »

Corbin can have my bike right now!  All they need to do is go to HD, see it through production, grab it and take it back to their site, use it for a model, and send it back to me with a new Corbin seat on it.  I'm thinking that, if they talk nicely at the HC plant, I might have my bike before the forecasted January '09 date that my dealership is giving me.  Corbin....Are you listening??!!

I will be interesting to see if my classic solo seat and touring pillion from my '08 Road Glide will fit the '09 SERG.  Iselbulls, it sounds like you might be checking this out on Saturday while you are at Corbin??
[/color]

We have an 8:00am appointment, will post as soon as I can !!!

Greaseball

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »

[/color]

We have an 8:00am appointment, will post as soon as I can !!!

Thanks Iselbulls !!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 04:16:44 AM »

You're a lucky man to have a wife that rides her own bike. Mine won't, two up is a PITA! I'm working on her though.
Good Luck next week. I would really like to see the Corbin plant. Are you wanting the Classic Solo? That and the Touring Pillion would work for me, if the Dual Tour is long lead time.

...lol... Not so sure about that I had to buy TWO 05 SEEG's with her wanting her own! and two of everything that comes out! The Corbin plant is every interesting the last time we were there having the other seats made, the plant manager took me on a complete tour of the plant, really something to see on Saturdays they take ride in's you park your bike in a stall about ten of them and watch them make your seat or you can have lunch in the same area! The best thing is that before they cover it, you can take it out and ride around to see if the seat has to be reworked, then it's sewn together.

rusty19

• CVO1: 2009 serg silver
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »

my experience with corbin s customer sevice has been abysmal they don t really give a shi! about your questions and delivery time can be months....get a mustang they are superior in quality and customer service

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »

As I spend more time on the new "Ride", I am reminded that the stock seat will not work for me. I am hoping that someone has found a reasonable solution to this problem. I am in a position to throw in the towell and order a Sundowner. Greg has the Sundowner set up and it looked really nice when I checked it out last week in Dallas. Maybe the Sundowner is the answer I am looking for. I have read posts that the Sundowner sets you higher on the bike and more forward. That is not good news. I have a tendency to "butt crawl backwards" in the stock seat and do not wish to ride further forward. When I sat on Greg's Sundowner in Richardson I did not notice that diff.; however, I did not ride it.

Maybe I should have...

Greg, could you chime in here. Do you sit higher.... and is there a noticeable difference as to how far forward you sit?

I would also appreciate the manufac # on all the parts...  Saddle, passanger sissy bar, and passanger backrest pad...

The wife has asked that I provide a higher backrest for her to be comfortable. The stock model backrest is rather low profile as you probably know.

Thanks in advance to all!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:31:20 AM by Iglide »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »

I'm no help to you on the seat but we just changed out the passenger backrest pad w/ one I had laying around and the wife's much happier. The stock one is too small to be of any use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.