Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle  (Read 12879 times)

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
Re: 09 SERG, Love the Bike... Can't live with the Saddle
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »

I'll 2nd the gel pads    :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »

Not to be a fly in the ointment but I wouldn't use a gel pad if they gave them away. i've thrown out a couple of these in the past. and then..............i found Corbin
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
    • NJ

« Reply #92 on: April 08, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »

larry,

what corbin seat have you used,I am also considering the dual tour seat from them for the cuse4,I hate the seat that came with it.Some input would be great

Jon
freedom shields 13 in

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #93 on: April 08, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »

Have had 4 corbins over the years, wife is on her 2nd soon to be third. we both ride the classic solo. tank to tank, not a problem

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #94 on: April 08, 2009, 10:01:26 PM »

Didn't someone put up a thread about Corbin going under??? LarryB, any truth to that?

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
    • NJ

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2009, 10:29:37 PM »

last I heard they were for sale
freedom shields 13 in

ThomasK

• Full CVO Member
    • CVO2: 2011 SE Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:59 AM »

Thanks for this idea! I try to get some pads and bring them over to the saddlemaker.
Greets
ThomasK
Greetings from Frankfurt/Germany
ThomasK

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 06:09:06 AM »

Their calif facility is for sale. going to gather their forces in FLA, but No they are not going under

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »

Some how.... This new info dosen't surprise me...    :soapbox:
The impossible just takes a little longer

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll pose my questions here on my choice for a seat selection. I also dislike the the stock seat. I had a Mustang on my SERK and loved it. It sat me back about an inch or two and down a bit more than the Corbin I had. But from all the info that I'm reading the mustang for the SERG sits you more forward and higher. This can't be a option for me.I'm 6-4" and do not want to sit any higher. With all the infinite wisdom that is available on this site what are my best options.? ...............I really liked the Danny Grey Big seat with back rest but the backrest doesn't collapse for when I throw my leg over. ( lost allot of flexibility due to arthritis) so the backrest has to fold over like the Mustang. I really like the job that Iglide did with his Mustang seat. Might be a option. Are there any tall folks out there with a 09 SERG ?  :nixweiss:..............................Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2009, 09:54:22 PM »

Can't help FUZZZ...I'm 5'4'' and have the opposite problem...can't touch the freeking ground
Letz Ride

skippy49

• Elite CVO Member
  • Utah, 2008 Best Trip Ever!

• CVO1: 03 SERK Purdue Gold & Black
    • CVO2: 09 SERG Silver & Black
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2009, 10:21:57 PM »

I put a Saddlemen Explorer on my 09 SERG but it also moves me up a little higher and it feels like a little closer to the bars, but I can't tell that for sure. I've only ridden it once so I can't tell you for sure on that.  I'll post a picture when I get a chance to take one.  I also had a Mustang solo on my 03 SERK and it moved me back a little and down a little, which I would prefer.  I think I'll like the saddlemen once I get a chance to ride it some more, though.
Steve

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:16 PM »

Fuzz,

I don't want to interrupt your track here, because I understand and know it is valid. Let me speak a bit to what I have experienced.
I tend to ride more of a style, that is butt back and a slight bend at the waist forward with my arms supporting some of my upper body weight forward. This posture does require some lower back support as I got from the Corbin Dual Tours (I rode three of them over the years) and was very happy with the results.
Further; with this riding style, and lower center of gravity (shoulders down) I was more comfortable with a counter balance riding style in the corners. In other words, if I were leaning the bike down and cornering left, my upper body was leaning right. So all the bend was at my waist, the hips were over to the left and my shoulders and upper torso were right with shoulders perpendicular to the pavement. That is what I got out of the Corbins. This may be very differant that what other folks have experienced.

Now, flash forward to the upright (Touring) riding style. When I got my first Mustang seat, I realized, very quickly, that this was something differant. By that, I mean that the seat, forced me to sit in an upward profile (more forward) than I had not been accustomed to. For me, this was very out of my riding style, as I was not able to counter balance like I had been accustomed to. So I changed my riding style in the corners and found that, when upright, my shoulders were at a higher center of gravity, and this allowed me to lean into the corners with success and comfort I had not found in the past. When cornering left I was now able to lean my upper torso and shoulders left into the turns with comfort.

I have modified the Mustang seat to accommodate me and the 09 SERG.. I like the upright stock posture, but still found it to be a bit too far forward. As such, I have cut the seat back some, horizontally approximately one inch. That allows me to lean, ever so slightly, forward. Guess I have found a happy medium between the two riding styles that I have experimented with.

I believe, that if you prefer and are accustomed to a more upright riding style, then you will need a rider backrest. Yes, I see a mount / dismount problem there as well. Not sure how to accommodate that, but I will likely need to find out.

If you are shorter in structure than 5'10", and ride an 09 SERG, then a Mustang seat like I bought, will have to be cupped out. I took one inch out of the rider's seating height of my stock seat and I am 5'9". That allows me to place both feet, flat on the ground (barely) at stop lights with the bike straight up.

If you have more experience and comfort with a sport bike riding style, then a back rest will do you little good..

For the time, I am seriously considering a back rest...

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:51:42 PM by Iglide »
The impossible just takes a little longer

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2009, 02:48:52 AM »

I agree , a backrest changes the riding position , the riding style and the riding comfort enormous into positive .
A must have when you are used to make 200 plus miles rides .
The hd-signature (too) moves you up about 1" and it`s a very comfortable seat , the rider backrest is mounted inro this seat and not extra on the fender .
The passenger pillon is also very comfortable and thick but you have to change the passenger upright and backrest into a standard-height-one ( we just ordered ) because the stock low one does hurt the BSR because it is too low with the new thick signature pillon .
For me 6.1 feet a very good seat that also improves the angle in the knees . :2vrolijk_21:
worth the money .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll pose my questions here on my choice for a seat selection. I also dislike the the stock seat. I had a Mustang on my SERK and loved it. It sat me back about an inch or two and down a bit more than the Corbin I had. But from all the info that I'm reading the mustang for the SERG sits you more forward and higher. This can't be a option for me.I'm 6-4" and do not want to sit any higher. With all the infinite wisdom that is available on this site what are my best options.? ...............I really liked the Danny Grey Big seat with back rest but the backrest doesn't collapse for when I throw my leg over. ( lost allot of flexibility due to arthritis) so the backrest has to fold over like the Mustang. I really like the job that Iglide did with his Mustang seat. Might be a option. Are there any tall folks out there with a 09 SERG ?  :nixweiss:..............................Fuzz

You sited the very reason I did not go with Mustang on my SERG.  I love the solo mustang with rider back rest on my Fatboy.

I did order the Danny Gray Bigseat with back rest.  I should be getting it next week, I had them do the gell insert too.  I asked about difigulty in removing the back rest, hight adjustment and fore and aft adjustment, which it has.  So I was happy.  I did not realize it did not fold forward like the mustang until I read this post.  I just incorrectly assumed it did.  I sure hope it does not make it a pain to get on and off the bike.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.