Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: THE SECOND AMENDMENT  (Read 2768 times)

bsquared62

• Junior CVO Member
Re: THE SECOND AMENDMENT
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »

I am a 46 yr old man who is just now contemplating my first gun purchase. I completed my training class this week. Why now after all this time? Well, I think you all summed it up well. This country has changed and will continue to change if things don't radically change.

The folks that obey the law and are good citizens of the US will end up terrorized by the government or criminals. As the economy continues to waver, and no real legitimate income opportunities are offered to uneducated/uninformed/uninterested (i.e. stupid), more and more folks will turn to crime to obtain money. The issues are very complex, and will be very painful to solve, but not addressing them is even more painful.

On another note, why do folks (especially young folks) have trouble grasping the issues? Because life to them is a series of sound bites strung together. They communicate in "test message" format, which explains why they can't write, talk, or listen to an articulate, logical argument. They hear Charlie Brown's teacher when you make a case in that manner...We should require a civics test to be able to vote.

Brad

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »

I really didn't want to start a new threat, and I certainly don't want to violate posting policy about politics, but has anyone else noticed a lot of news stories about people buying "assault" weapons recently?

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 03:14:48 PM »

I really didn't want to start a new threat, and I certainly don't want to violate posting policy about politics, but has anyone else noticed a lot of news stories about people buying "assault" weapons recently?

No not really, just that one story about the two..... Oh, Never Mind. 

The whole political ban thing is gonna get me in trouble  :'(

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »

No not really, just that one story about the two..... Oh, Never Mind. 

The whole political ban thing is gonna get me in trouble  :'(

Seriously though, I know of several people down in FL that have just gone out and bought new weapons. One of whom is the last person I would have thought to do so.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 03:36:57 PM »

Seriously though, I know of several people down in FL that have just gone out and bought new weapons. One of whom is the last person I would have thought to do so.

I would guess that some folks think that the gun laws might be changing for some reason..... say maybe after January 20th  :nixweiss:

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »

I would guess that some folks think that the gun laws might be changing for some reason..... say maybe after January 20th  :nixweiss:

Well, I was going to ask if this was going to influence anyone here, but I already know the answer. Everyone already has what they need.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »

I speak with a friend regularly that represents several gun manufacturers on their government sales, both domestically and foreign.  Presently, there has been a obvious buying spree throughout the public sector as most popular defense handguns are "out of stock" with distant production dates for delivery.  Haven't heard about "assault" type weapons being in short supply, but the legitimate types such as AR15's are being sold at nearly a 100% premium so someone must be buying them.  I think the reason can be determined by watching the nightly news.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »

Well, I was going to ask if this was going to influence anyone here, but I already know the answer. Everyone already has what they need.

"And a Country Boy Can Survive"

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 04:14:49 PM »

"And a Country Boy Can Survive"

That was you in that video wasn't it?

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 04:17:11 PM »

The assault weapons buying spree has been going on since the assault weapons ban ended Sept. 2004.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 04:39:31 PM »

That was you in that video wasn't it?

And, I didn't think we had ever met face to face  :D

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 05:14:30 PM »

And, I didn't think we had ever met face to face  :D

I want to let you know you've helped we wasted an entire hour of my afternoon. Instead of being productive, I've been on Youtube watching dumb s>>>.  :D

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 09:02:37 PM »

I've seen alot of that and even more folks stockpiling ammunition.  I am. :2vrolijk_21:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »

Funny that i read this thread just as the evening news comes up with a story here in Sacramento that local gun shops are reporting record sales the last three months. They stated the state of economy and concern of citizens need to protect themselves while our local cities and counties are cutting police protection. Glad i stocked up years ago....  :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 10:06:38 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.