Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: '09 CUSE without tour-pak  (Read 45636 times)

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
Re: '09 CUSE without tour-pak
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

FlyingWillie, what did you do to keep the filler strips, when you replaced the crash bars? I think I may have sent you another message about this earlier today. Has HD come out with an updated support kit the allows retention of the filler strips? Part#? Thanks

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

FlyingWillie, what did you do to keep the filler strips, when you replaced the crash bars? I think I may have sent you another message about this earlier today. Has HD come out with an updated support kit the allows retention of the filler strips? Part#? Thanks

I responded to your email but I simply kept the stock saddlebag supports after I took off the rear crash bars.  You are left with a slightly protruding black end (just in front of the saddlebag) but I covered that with the HD chrome magnetic covers.....same ones you use on the docking points.  Looks pretty good and save me some $$$$.  It also let me retain the filler strips.  Hope that helps.  FYI, I have not had the tp on since I removed it last year!  I love the nimble ride too much.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2009, 06:41:29 PM »

Took the lowers off last night to give the Ultra a complete stripped-down look. Also since my last picture I have added the Kuryakyn curved plate mount, red signals, air-cleaner cover with 110 medallion and klock-works windshield. I like the look and can have it back to full Ultra trim in 20 minutes.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

Another

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2009, 06:45:40 PM »

One more. The next step is to change the wheels to a set of Renegades. If anyone is interested in the Roulettes with front rotors and tires let me know.

gg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2009, 09:24:57 PM »

Buckeye, looks like you gave up the filler strips after you change the saddle bag supports. Is that true? I tried installing HD chrome ones today and they would not attach the filler strips. If not, what did you do to keep them? Send pics if you have them. THanks

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »

As you can see, I didn't give up the strips. The second pic shows the clamp purchased from Lowes, at least the best I can get.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2009, 10:13:57 PM »

Clamps

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »

Looks good to me

gg

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:28 AM »

Buckeye, thanks for the pics. I know I am asking a lot, but would you be willing to take a few more pics w/o the saddle bags on so that I can more clearly see the clamps you used and where and how you used them to attach the filler strips? Also, where at Lowes did you find the clamps you mentioned? Thanks so much.

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »

Buckeye,

What kind of mufflers are those, and what kind of sound do you get out of them.  I really like the looks.

Jimmy

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »

Buckeye,

What kind of mufflers are those, and what kind of sound do you get out of them.  I really like the looks.

They are from CFR (Cary Faas Racing). They have a low tone, not too harsh unles you stand on it. At cruising speed I don't think they are that bad. You can easily hear the radio and talk to your passenger. I got them from Wesley at Biker's Image out of Texas. Very good people to deal with.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »

Buckeye, thanks for the pics. I know I am asking a lot, but would you be willing to take a few more pics w/o the saddle bags on so that I can more clearly see the clamps you used and where and how you used them to attach the filler strips? Also, where at Lowes did you find the clamps you mentioned? Thanks so much.
The picture is of a second set of clamps that I bought. As you will see, I only installed one bolt. It works fine without the second bolt installed.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2009, 09:20:07 PM »

I don't remember the isle they were in but just go through the electrical stuff and you will find them.

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2009, 09:21:45 PM »

Another view of the clamp.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 20 queries.