Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: '09 CUSE without tour-pak  (Read 45661 times)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
Re: '09 CUSE without tour-pak
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2008, 09:10:40 AM »

What seat are you going to get mi amigo Warren?

I  bought a stock 09 street glide seat on ebay that was a take off from a new bike.  It is much lower profile than the stock SEUC seat.....which actually looks wierd on the bike without the tour pak etc.
Another pic of the bike in process.  That is me holding the long Harman/Kardon amp overlay harness that has to be removed. (for sale btw).  After all was buttoned up I am only missing one tool....I am sure it is in the fairing somewhere!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »

I bought the Danny Gray seat on ebay from American Classic Motors. The cost was $229.99 with free shipping. They show it on a Street Glide in their add.

Thanks mi amigo............Is the model BUTTCRACK™ SOLO or SPEEDCRADLE™ SOLO?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:34:24 AM by amigo Jorge »

REGGAB

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

I  bought a stock 09 street glide seat on ebay that was a take off from a new bike.  It is much lower profile than the stock SEUC seat.....which actually looks wierd on the bike without the tour pak etc.
Another pic of the bike in process.  That is me holding the long Harman/Kardon amp overlay harness that has to be removed. (for sale btw).  After all was buttoned up I am only missing one tool....I am sure it is in the fairing somewhere!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

FOD!   :o   :huepfenlol2:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »

I like this one....what do you think?

Sidekick® Seat

Share your custom ride. The two-up design of these premium cowhide leather seats offers a frame-hugging look, but adds back support for the rider, and additional padding for the passenger. The custom seating surface and the hand-laid fiberglass seat base show attention to detail second to none.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »

This question is for Warren, Buckeye, Tom and those who have installed the TP detachable kit.......(Sorry for the ignorance)

What are my options if I don't want to install the aftermarhet amp (e.g. Hawg wired) in the fairing?  What do I do with HK amp which comes with the bike? I don't want to run the 7ft harness every time that I take the TP on/off.............any advise?

Thanks........................ :nixweiss:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2008, 09:40:04 AM »

This question is for Warren, Buckeye, Tom and those who have installed the TP detachable kit.......(Sorry for the ignorance)

What are my options if I don't want to install the aftermarhet amp (e.g. Hawg wired) in the fairing?  What do I do with HK amp which comes with the bike? I don't want to run the 7ft harness every time that I take the TP on/off.............any advise?

Thanks........................ :nixweiss:

Jorge, first re the Sidekick seat.  I believe Jerry ( Buckeye) had a fitment issue on that seat when he tried it initially.
Now for your amp question.  You can run without an amp at all.  You told me earlier that you were not into music much anyway.  You will still have sound but not as amplified as before.  I only opted to amp my front speakers with the HW amp and new front speakers....which sound great btw.  You do NOT want to keep the stock amp because it won't fit the new detach rack anyway.  So you will have to take the fairing off to unhook the harness.  While in there might as well hook up the HW amp and two front speakers IMO.  It is easy....just make sure you put the new amp as far back on top of the radio as possible so the fairing will fit back on.....I learned this the hard way.  >:(
I also installed the fairing mounted radio antennae.....called Tune Trapper.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2008, 09:56:01 AM »

Warren..I've got to post this... :worthless:
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2008, 09:57:03 AM »

Jorge, first re the Sidekick seat.  I believe Jerry ( Buckeye) had a fitment issue on that seat when he tried it initially.
Now for your amp question.  You can run without an amp at all.  You told me earlier that you were not into music much anyway.  You will still have sound but not as amplified as before.  I only opted to amp my front speakers with the HW amp and new front speakers....which sound great btw.  You do NOT want to keep the stock amp because it won't fit the new detach rack anyway.  So you will have to take the fairing off to unhook the harness.  While in there might as well hook up the HW amp and two front speakers IMO.  It is easy....just make sure you put the new amp as far back on top of the radio as possible so the fairing will fit back on.....I learned this the hard way.  >:(

Thanks mi amigo Warren...............stupid question: Can I install or place the HK amp in the fairing and be amp only the front speakers?

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »

I picked up a Sidekick seat, but I had to send it back. The CVO tank console must be shorter than the standard Ultra because the seat did not cover the wires that run under the console. It was about 3/4" short. The description from HD is that it fits all '08 and later touring models. I am now taking the Badlander seat to a local company to have them cut down the seat so it blends into the tank / console for a smooth transition instead of running up onto the console. I'll post pics when completed.

Yes, you are right mi amigo.....Thanks.

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »

Thanks mi amigo Warren...............stupid question: Can I install or place the HK amp in the fairing and be amp only the front speakers?

Not a stupid question at all.....very logical.  BUT I do not think it will fit in the fairing (it's much bigger than the HW amp) and you would have to cut up the overlay harness on the H/K one.  If you order the HW amp (and matching speakers) keep in mind that he is in Calif. and it will take about a week to get them (unless you pay for express shipping).  Jim gives CVO members a discount as you know.  My total for the amp and two speakers was just over $600.  His valuable advice is included. :2vrolijk_21:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 10:49:15 AM »

Ken (CH),
not yet ready for prime time until new seat goes on and 8" dark grey clearview.  But here is another pic of how sad it looked. 

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

OK, wth......but don't laugh at how bad the stock seat looks on it.  Look at Buckeye's again for how good it can look!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »

Not a stupid question at all.....very logical.  BUT I do not think it will fit in the fairing (it's much bigger than the HW amp) and you would have to cut up the overlay harness on the H/K one.  If you order the HW amp (and matching speakers) keep in mind that he is in Calif. and it will take about a week to get them (unless you pay for express shipping).  Jim gives CVO members a discount as you know.  My total for the amp and two speakers was just over $600.  His valuable advice is included. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks again mi amigo.............

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 11:19:25 AM »

You go with an aftermarket amp mounted on top of the radio under the fairing. After I did some research and asked some questions on this site, there is no doubt that products from Hawg-Wired are the way to go. They cost a few bucks but their quality and construction make them worth it. They have different systems so you can amplify all four speakers or just the front 2 or add speakers in your glove boxes. If you go with their amps you also have to change out your speakers to a 4 ohm unit. Do a search on the topic and you will find several posts regarding amplifier relocation. Good Luck.

Mi amigo Buckeye...the HD system is 4 ohm? An the HW 4 ohm as well?

BUCKEYE

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 11:31:34 AM »

Mi amigo Buckeye...the HD system is 4 ohm? An the HW 4 ohm as well?
I believe the stock HD system is 2 ohm and the stock speakers need to be upgraded to 4 ohm to go with the Hawg-Wired setup. The sidekick seat just did not fit snug to the console and I was not happy with it. The Danny Gray is a perfect fit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 26 queries.