Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Power Commander installation and the O2 sensors  (Read 4513 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Power Commander installation and the O2 sensors
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »

Ask those guys down San Fran way, they do that male to male stuff all the time!  ;D

Yeah, Mark definitely needs the "straight" male to female.   ;)

Mark, let us know how it works out.

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 SE Ultra & 2003 FXDXT
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »

The Dynojet folks believe they sent me the correct O2 eliminators. They said mine is the 1st bike they have come across with a different connector. 

I sent them the pictures shown here and they think the picture of my stock wiring harness is really a picture of the connector coming off of the sensor (even though I tried to explain).

So tonight I will take a picture of the O2 sensor connector next to the stock wiring harness connector.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

Why do these companies always think WE are the dumbasses?    :nixweiss:
Shouldn't be this hard.  Thanks for the update and good luck.

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2008, 05:44:46 PM »

I'm in the process of trying to install the PCIII on my 08 SEUC.  According to the ABS instructions, they want you to stuff the existing ECM connector hooked to the PCIII cable in front of the battery (positive connector on left side).  There doesn't appear to be sufficient room on my bike.  How did you accomplish this?

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 SE Ultra & 2003 FXDXT
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2008, 06:15:24 PM »

I'm in the process of trying to install the PCIII on my 08 SEUC.  According to the ABS instructions, they want you to stuff the existing ECM connector hooked to the PCIII cable in front of the battery (positive connector on left side).  There doesn't appear to be sufficient room on my bike.  How did you accomplish this?

I haven't installed it yet but have the same question.  I was going to remove the cover and see how much room was there between the cover and the ABS but at first glance it doesn't look like there is enough room.

Which map are you using?

bunt

• Full CVO Member
    • TN
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »

It's real tight but it does fit, I had to cut the ECM tray. I used a Dremmel with small cut off blade to put a notch in the front left part of tray, then it's just a matter of squeezing ten pounds of chit into a 5 pound sack.
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. (Steven Wright)

CTcvorider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2010 R1200RT
    • CVO3: 1985 Ducati MHR Mille
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »

I couldn't get it to fit even with the ECM tray removed.  There isn't that much space between the battery box and a large cable run under the rear of the gas tank.  The installation picture shows the stock connector on the bottom with the PCIII connector on top, but the stock connector is much wider and doesn't look like there's anyway it would fit into the space in front of the positive terminal -- even with the battery connector rotated 90 degrees CCW as they say in the instructions.  Did you have any problems putting the seat back on after you installed the PCIII?

Also, the stock ECM connector's cable is so tight, I can't get it all the way across to the left edge of the battery and beyond as shown in the instruction picture.  Were you able to get it that far over to the left?

bunt

• Full CVO Member
    • TN
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »

You really have to pull and work everything almost massaging it into place, the plug squeezes about 80% of the way down in front of the battery and sticks out a bit, cable is real tight to plug into module, make it 20 pounds of chit in the 5 pound sack.
There is room on top of tray with the undercut in bottom of the seat, it aint real pretty but it does work. I'd take a picture for you, but I removed it because my heads started leaking and didn't want to have to worry about mods affecting warranty(paranoia sux don't it)
Also have developed a leak at jugs to case and the powder coat is coming off engine at case bolts so I'm not putting it back on till they do repairs, new cases don't seem to be high on HD's  list, touch up paint was their suggestion. My dealer said bring it in over winter and they'll get it done paint isn't an acceptable fix. Let the games begin, fun huh?
Anyone else have this happen?
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. (Steven Wright)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.