Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 24054 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2008, 07:44:37 AM »

Well it was'nt as cold as I thought but 41 deg is a good test. I won't print how fast I was going, but lets say it was at Hoist speed on rt 95 , no one on the road and flyin. I felt as warm & comfortable as I would be sitting on the beach
in Jamaica. And scince I've had it off my extremites are still toasty.................... :2vrolijk_21:
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2008, 08:24:22 AM »

Now youze got me looking at this heated stuff too! I get cold now being on this Coumadin crap. So I just checked Gerbing's site and they show 2 different jacket liners. One's the "Signature Series". The other is the regular one. Both the same price. The Sig Series sounds better. What's the story there? Anything different or a gimmick? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Howie, the main difference is the "Fleece lined pockets and collar" vs "Silky soft micro denier collar".  The Fleece is much more comfortable IMO. :2vrolijk_21:

Fred
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:58 AM »

Well it was'nt as cold as I thought but 41 deg is a good test. I won't print how fast I was going, but lets say it was at Hoist speed on rt 95 , no one on the road and flyin. I felt as warm & comfortable as I would be sitting on the beach
in Jamaica. And scince I've had it off my extremites are still toasty.................... :2vrolijk_21:

Howie, the main difference is the "Fleece lined pockets and collar" vs "Silky soft micro denier collar".  The Fleece is much more comfortable IMO. :2vrolijk_21:

Fred

Glad it kept ya toasty Rich! :2vrolijk_21:

Time to try a jacket liner first with the gloves I already have (unless they trade mine for new ones). Since Fred recommends it, and since I'm a sucker for Limited Edition crap, I think I'll order the Grey Sig Series one! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:39:50 AM by Hoist! »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2008, 09:14:54 AM »

Glad it kept ya toasty Rich! :2vrolijk_21:

Time to try a jacket liner first with the gloves I already have (unless they trade mine for new ones). Since Fred recommends it, and since I'm a sucker for Limited Edition crap, I think I'll order the Grey Sig Series one! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Best of all Sig. series comes with a custom CHROME hanger  ..   :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2008, 09:15:45 AM »

Best of all Sig. series comes with a custom CHROME hanger  ..   :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:

So I can hang it from my fairing when not in use? ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2008, 09:22:02 AM »

So I can hang it from my fairing when not in use? ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
Most likely, you'll hang your fairing on it (if you had one)..    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2008, 09:24:27 AM »

They just moved operations to Tumwater, Wa
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »

Most likely, you'll hang your fairing on it (if you had one)..    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

HeHe!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Limited sizes with the Sig Series. My arm length is just shy in my chest size available in the Sig Series. The regular model has various sleeve lenghts with each chest size. I think the "Limited" stands for limited sizes! ??? ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »

They just moved operations to Tumwater, Wa

Thanks. Just noticed that on their site too. I'll have to wait til this afternoon to call. ;)

Hoist! 8)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

Will make it a 2 hour ride instead of 3 hours.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »

Hmmm... Interesting phone exchange with Gerbing. Not nice people at all. Just wanna quote policy instead of listening to a customer's problem. We'll be happy to transfer you to our supervisor, and after 10 min on hold, went directly to someone's VM, and never returned the call either. Was very turned off by the whole thing. No wonder they're in bed with HD. Same mentality. If something changes by some miracle, I'll update this as necessary. But for now, I'm done with them. Time to look at Tourmaster stuff now. FTG!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »

Hmmm... Interesting phone exchange with Gerbing. Not nice people at all. Just wanna quote policy instead of listening to a customer's problem. We'll be happy to transfer you to our supervisor, and after 10 min on hold, went directly to someone's VM, and never returned the call either. Was very turned off by the whole thing. No wonder they're in bed with HD. Same mentality. If something changes by some miracle, I'll update this as necessary. But for now, I'm done with them. Time to look at Tourmaster stuff now. FTG!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's unfortunate Howie.  Have to wonder if you caught someone on a bad day or if they're move to their new facility has worked to make them too big for their proverbial breeches?  Wonder this because it's not the way the company has behaved previously.  I and a few others here have had pretty good luck with them getting gloves redone and a few other issues I can remember being recounted.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »

That's unfortunate Howie.  Have to wonder if you caught someone on a bad day or if they're move to their new facility has worked to make them too big for their proverbial breeches?  Wonder this because it's not the way the company has behaved previously.  I and a few others here have had pretty good luck with them getting gloves redone and a few other issues I can remember being recounted.

Spoke to one woman, who passed me off to CS, who then said I'd need to speak to a supervisor. She said she'd go over and talk to that person and transfer me to them. 10 min later, VM, and no return call. Welcome to HD customer service all over again! I'd rather freeze my ass off, than do business with people like that! I NEED my HD so I put up with their BS. But I don't need Gerbing at all, and they can kiss my ass!!! And due to their handling of this the way they did, 6700 other CVO riders also now know this. Short-sighted people and the power of the internet can really hurt a business! FTG!!! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 02:51:39 PM by Hoist! »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

Sorry to hear of your trouble Howie, I've never dealt with them on the phone just in person and they were great to  deal with.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2008, 07:06:15 PM »

Gerbing has been a great outfit , but as they have grown they are starting to have things made out of contry and it is causing problems. There controllers are now china made and not what they used to be. Some time when you get a chance look into Firstgear , Very high quality and not a bad price . Just a suggestion.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 24 queries.