Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Heated clothing preference  (Read 24468 times)

REGGAB

Re: Heated clothing preference
« Reply #90 on: November 19, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »

No need for that.  Try the heat pacs, but you might want a glove liner between your skin and the heat pac as they get kinda hot in one place.  Works good in your boots also.  I go thru a lot of 'em... ;)....might ought to spring for the heated gloves... :-[....been talking about it for awhile now.  har!  :drink: spyder

That's what I'm thinkin'..........as long as heated gloves don't an ugly exposed connector.  Just gotta find a set I like.

REGGAB

« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 09:09:57 PM »

I think it's easiest to just hook a permanent connection to your battery.  I got the TourMaster Synergy gloves and jacket.  I paid $260 total.  I think the gloves list for about $129 and I know I got them for less in my combined total.  They come with their own controller included in the price with high, low, and medium settings.  They have a good size gauntlet and then an additional gauntlet that pulls out of the gauntlet that you can drawstring tight if you want.  I normally wear XL in gloves, but with these I needed to go to XXXL with these.  It's best to find a place that you can try them on to make sure you are getting the correct size.  If I would have ordered these online, I would have ordered XL and ended up with gloves that I couldn't get on my hands.

hehehehehe...........wonder where they're made?   ::)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »

I have my jack coming out the left side right where the tank and seat and engine heat deflector meet.  When I'm not using it, I tuck it right back under the seat edge and you can't see it.  With just the gloves, I'm not sure which side would be best to come out of, but again, it only takes me a second to hide it back away.  I don't even have to look at it to put it back out of sight.

REGGAB

« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »

I have my jack coming out the left side right where the tank and seat and engine heat deflector meet.  When I'm not using it, I tuck it right back under the seat edge and you can't see it.  With just the gloves, I'm not sure which side would be best to come out of, but again, it only takes me a second to hide it back away.  I don't even have to look at it to put it back out of sight.

As long as the connector can be hidden, I'm fine with it, but when it sticks out, it just screams "hey........I'm really f$%*in' up the look of what could be a totally awesome looking machine."   :o

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »

I don't get concerned one bit about where they were made when my hands are warm.  I actually thought they were US made, but that may just be where the company is located.  I can't find anything on their website to substantiate it and I'm too lazy to walk down the steps to look at the tags.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »

it just screams "hey........I'm really f$%*in' up the look of what could be a totally awesome looking machine."   :o

O chit
Now I gotta go hide mine.

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »

As long as the connector can be hidden, I'm fine with it, but when it sticks out, it just screams "hey........I'm really f$%*in' up the look of what could be a totally awesome looking machine."   :o
Oh good!  Someone as screwy as I am.  Keep me apprised as to what you end up with.. :cool26: :idea3: :idea:....har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

REGGAB

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »

I don't get concerned one bit about where they were made when my hands are warm.  I actually thought they were US made, but that may just be where the company is located.  I can't find anything on their website to substantiate it and I'm too lazy to walk down the steps to look at the tags.

No biggie, man.  I wouldn't worry about it either.  Point was that some stuff made left of the IDL tends to run..............smallish.   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:35 PM »

Oh good!  Someone as screwy as I am.  Keep me apprised as to what you end up with.. :cool26: :idea3: :idea:....har!  spyder

hehehehehe.  Spydy, I think pretty much have the market cornered around here as being one who could use some long term anti-psychotics via IV.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  I thought we had one of them head shrinkers in our midst.  We do, don't we?  One of my personalities says we do.........at least that's what I just told myself........I think.   :huepfenlol2:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

Okay, I just checked and the controller was made in China.  Didn't find anything on the coat or gloves.  Anyway, here's a pic of the wire that's hooked direct to the battery and then I'll show one with it hidden away.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

Here's a pic with the wire tucked up under the seat.  Presto!  Gone.

REGGAB

« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2008, 09:41:04 PM »

O chit
Now I gotta go hide mine.

;)

I KNEW you were gonna trapse out to the garage after I wrote that, Chip.  Can't have the other bikes making fun of the one whose pigtail is sticking out.   :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

Here's a pic with the wire tucked up under the seat.  Presto!  Gone.

AWESOME!  Works for me.  Thanks for the pix.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »

All of the other CVO's used to laugh and call him names...NAW...can't have that goin' on here.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2008, 09:44:15 PM »

AWESOME!  Works for me.  Thanks for the pix.
It's gonna be harder w/o the heat deflectors.   :-\   spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 24 queries.