Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 110 recall......... I mean "product enhancement" parts hard to get??  (Read 10527 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 110 recall......... I mean "product enhancement" parts hard to get??
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 05:19:42 AM »

Heads back ordered? Enhancement parts back ordered? WTF!!! They announce a campaign to finally "address" the 110 problems. Well they musta put an awful lot of engineering, planning and effort in, to finally make an announcement after 2 years of that POS motor being on the market. And as soon as they do, the chit's on back order!!! Really great to hear that they're going so far out of their way for ya'll!!! I hope it was a damn good book!!! Which BTW, was the only enhancement I would'a liked from them. Never got chit either!!! FTF!!! FTW!!! FTD!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »

what! u never got ur book!   i thought u had sorted that out with a fon call 2 customer services, maybe its on back order hoist!   LOL

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

Heads back ordered? Enhancement parts back ordered? WTF!!! They announce a campaign to finally "address" the 110 problems. Well they musta put an awful lot of engineering, planning and effort in, to finally make an announcement after 2 years of that POS motor being on the market. And as soon as they do, the chit's on back order!!! Really great to hear that they're going so far out of their way for ya'll!!! I hope it was a damn good book!!! Which BTW, was the only enhancement I would'a liked from them. Never got chit either!!! FTF!!! FTW!!! FTD!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Ain't that the truth Howie!!!!!!
My dealer said heads are on back order also. :soapbox:
How the f does that happen. :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Poor planing, just like when they designed and produced the 110 motor, poor planing.
I hate like hell to take it into the shop till the parts are there, more time to f up the bike.  YA KNOW
My grips are not working right either, my shop stated those are on back order,   WTF.
I never had to use my warranty on my 04 glide, and was very glad, but this piece of chit, It needs more attention than my old lady.
And as for the book, I was one of the only people to not say (IT WAS A NICE GESTURE) FTMC,, and FTB I want a good reliable running bike not a f'en book.  :drink: :drink:
I do not have extra money to put into an already very expensive bike, nor should I have to.
If I want to add something to the bike, It should be by choice, not necessity.
Just Saying!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am sure all the loyal MOCO people on this site will tell me to calm down, they are doing all they can, be patient, trust them, they will get it right.   BULLCHIT.
Dave

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 10:16:10 AM »

tell em how u feel dave!

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »

Poor planing, just like when they designed and produced the 110 motor, poor planing.
I hate like hell to take it into the shop till the parts are there, more time to f up the bike.  YA KNOW
My grips are not working right either, my shop stated those are on back order,   WTF.
I never had to use my warranty on my 04 glide, and was very glad, but this piece of chit, It needs more attention than my old lady.
And as for the book, I was one of the only people to not say (IT WAS A NICE GESTURE) FTMC,, and FTB I want a good reliable running bike not a f'en book.  :drink: :drink:
I do not have extra money to put into an already very expensive bike, nor should I have to.
Just Saying!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am sure all the loyal MOCO people on this site will tell me to calm down, they are doing all they can, be patient, trust them, they will get it right.   BULLCHIT.
Dave

damm..........

doesn't sound so "pleasant" in Mt. Pleasant today!!  ;D
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »

Just Saying!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

Nah, ain't gonna tell you to calm down BigDave...that's your prerogative.  But, if you don't care about the book, send it to me.  I never got one.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 10:57:37 AM »

Did it actually say what the difference was? I thought it just said that they were replacing them.

I could have been wrong what I mean to say is, that I could hav... Okay, decimal points weren't my forte.

Actually, the 0905 letter does kind of explain.  It states that the new heads have the improved valve guides...that supposedly was the "problem".  The valve guides were slipping in the heads, causing the leaks.  I guess the cylinder liner slippage had no contributing factors to the leaks.   :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »

Nah, ain't gonna tell you to calm down BigDave...that's your prerogative.  But, if you don't care about the book, send it to me.  I never got one.

First off, thanks for not giving me the same old (calm down, it will be fine). 2vrolijk_21

I just dont understand these motors. nixweiss
I have heard every excuse why they leak, cam selection, compression, heat, etc.
Now as you may or may not know, I put a gear drive cam s&s 570, arlen ness big sacka, D&D fatcat, and programed my bike from the get go (MILE 1)
So my bike has been running great, happy with performance, no heat at all, (NO MORE THAN EXPECTED FOR AIR COOLED BIKE), but yet my rear still started leaking around 3500, and is slowly getting worse. I am now just a little over 10,000 and need to take in for recall, but no one has parts.
Dont want to leave it in the shop, (POSSIBLE DAMAGE) and I ride up till it gets real cold.
So I just got upset this morning when I got to thinking about it.
I did every thing I could to prevent this (IN MY MIND) and it still happened.  WTF   YA KNOW.
Dave
Also heard about your fall!  Hope you are feeling much better, at least good enough to ride.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:32:12 AM by bigdave110 »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 11:19:21 AM »

My SEULTRA just went in for it's beauty makeover recall enhancement.  New heads with valve guides, ACRs, case bolt, gaskets & O rings.  Getting a starter shaft & maybe the gear as well - depends on how much is ground to chit.  Also high compression pistons, lifters, & cams.  No delays on getting the recall parts though. 

Only 2 issues the bike has is ACRs that don't always open and a small oil seep near the case bolt.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 11:30:35 AM »

My SEULTRA just went in for it's beauty makeover recall enhancement.  New heads with valve guides, ACRs, case bolt, gaskets & O rings.  Getting a starter shaft & maybe the gear as well - depends on how much is ground to chit.  Also high compression pistons, lifters, & cams.  No delays on getting the recall parts though. 

Only 2 issues the bike has is ACRs that don't always open and a small oil seep near the case bolt.
I have same  ACR issue, starter will need attention, same as yours.
No seeping at case bolt though, just rear head next to exhaust port.
My dealer service has been fast and good in all other cases, so I assume they are not bullchitting me on this one.
Wounder why some can't seem to get the parts, while others can???????????????????
Good Luck with recall, and upgrades.
I am not going with pistons, just shaving the heads if able to.
Dave

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 11:30:44 AM »

Did it actually say what the difference was? I thought it just said that they were replacing them.

AJ,

Here is the description of the changes to the heads issued by the MOCO in TT372 as part of Product Enhancement 0905

Scott

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25486.0;attach=73692
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 11:36:16 AM »

I have same  ACR issue, starter will need attention, same as yours.
No seeping at case bolt though, just rear head next to exhaust port.
My dealer service has been fast and good in all other cases, so I assume they are not bullchitting me on this one.
Wounder why some can't seem to get the parts, while others can???????????????????
Good Luck with recall, and upgrades.
I am not going with pistons, just shaving the heads if able to.
Dave
Just thinking out loud here......

Does anybody know or noticed if there is any connection with those getting/not getting the parts in relationship to how many CVO's that particular dealer sold? Just wondering if the MoCo has some kind of distribution system that is shipping them in order (priority) of how many CVO's a dealership has sold. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

I just picked up my bike yesterday after getting the new heads, etc.  Also had to have the cruise control switch on the hand grip replaced.  It all seems to work so far, but time will tell. 
I had to wait about 6 weeks for them to get my parts in from the time I called about it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Just thinking out loud here......

Does anybody know or noticed if there is any connection with those getting/not getting the parts in relationship to how many CVO's that particular dealer sold? Just wondering if the MoCo has some kind of distribution system that is shipping them in order (priority) of how many CVO's a dealership has sold. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Not sure, I do know this Dealer moves a lot of bikes.
They sell EVERY bike at MSRP.  YES even CVO's, with no haggle.
They are the biggest shop in my area, not that that means much.
I don't live in a highly populated area.
Mt Pleasant Pa,  the shop is Z&M.
Not sure if that helps.
I do believe you are on to something with this thought though.
Dave

Senshi

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

Mine were in stock due to the previous 110 owner had a silver motor and HD sent dealer black so I luckily walked in the next day and was out and riding in two days with enhancement.

Still a "hothead / nut roaster" but running a bit cooler.

Let's see now:
Had to remove lowers to allow more air to cool motor.
Installed power commander to run richer and a bit cooler.
Had to change pipes with power commander
Motor blew up on top of mount washington, with 5k on it- HD gave me a new "complementary" motor - they did not want to call it a warranty issue??
Had to get another new set of reinheart pipes as previous set of Rush's blued out when engine blew. HD would not cover.
Now enhancements and a nice hardbound picture book from HD COO and Pres saying sorry for the trouble.
How nice and all this or $35k plus add on pipes, tows, Dino's upgrades costs etc... But all in all I still dig my '07 black and orange geezer glide ultra classic SE.
Got 2000 Glory Indian Chief that has not given me near the trouble.
Oh well, still having fun..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 20 queries.