Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 110 recall......... I mean "product enhancement" parts hard to get??  (Read 10526 times)

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

local dealer is telling me that the "product enhancement" parts that they ordered for me 2 weeks ago are "hard to get".

I gave them my VIN # and they claim that they ordered the parts, I am part of the 0906 program and need head gaskets, new ACR's and center crankcase bolt.

anyone else being told or hear that the parts are now hard to get?
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: 110 recall......... I mean "product enhancement" parts hard to get??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »

yep parts on back order again......................

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »

nice........... :o

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »

yes,my parts came but were not matched in colour so have to wait.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

Mine told me a few weeks ago that they would call me, "when they get some more kits in".  And they are a smaller dealer that probably only needs to get a dozen or so.  It sounds like they are getting them one at a time.  Well thought out program it seems.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Garageman1

• 2007 flhtcuse2
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »

The dealer that did mine got the parts within 2 weeks and had the job done with in 2 days. Also had the bike back on the dino for a rerun and set up to run as good as before at no charge. I had to ask for that. The dino guy got an additional 2hp and 3ft lbs of torque and that =103hp at 5700rpm and 117 ft lbs of torque at 6100 rpm without a whole lot of additional parts. Hopefully this will increase the reliability.
2007 FLHTCUSE2
2006 FLHX
2003 FLHTCUI

Ride it like you stole it
Garageman1

abatewags

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »

I just got off the phone with the service manager and he said "I can get the parts".  Yesterday the parts manager said they have one 0906 kit in stock, the service manager claims he is installing two next week...  The parts manger read a notice yesterday, stating all dealers have been shipped their allotment and only orders accompanied with a work order and VIN will get additional kits, and a limit of 5 per dealer....  The Service manager says that's BS.

All I know is I took the letter in the 1st week of September, and asked him to order the parts... every week since I get a different story, about back order, etc.

He "promised to order them and call me when they are in"... but that's what he said in September. 

Call me skepticle... but I their CRM needs some help.  Nice Harley book tho 

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 03:59:58 PM »

Yep, I got the same story...mine ordered in Sept and nothing in yet.  Mine has begun to puke oil from the breather (never did that before) and oil level is lower than recommended.  Not a happy story...

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 04:14:59 PM »

I talked with service dude today my parts are in. I just need to schedule the enhancement. I kind of hate tear apart a motor thats been running good. I have limited faith my service guys and the total enhancement program. Just shy of 10,000 mile and zero problems.

Muley

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 04:21:02 PM »

my parts came in the week before last, I brought the bike in last Wednesday, picked it up on Friday.
I was at a jug handle next to dealership waiting for the light to change and noticed oil seeping from the rear cylinder base, I took the next u-turn and went right back to the dealership and showed them.
they cleaned the oil, and took it for a nice long ride, when he came back it was seeping oil.

They gave the the choice of a loaner bike for the weekend or I take mine home for the weekend and bring it back on Monday morning. I took my bike home so that I could ride it over the weekend and see if the seepage gets worse.

I ckecked it Sunday afternoon and noticed that the head gaskets were leaking again also along with the seepage at the cylinder base.
I dropped it off Monday morning and told them that the headgaskets were leaking again too...

I just stopped by there this afternoon to see how their doing, the bike is done and not leaking, but they want to hold on to it to make sure it good.

so count me in for two sets of head gaskets and base gaskets so far.
I have my fingers crossed.......... :nervous:

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 11:51:27 PM »

Dealer ordered my 0906 kit on Oct 2nd and it arrived today.  Though I've had ZERO problems with my '07 FLHRSE3 owned and ridden hard for almost two years, I hope this doesn't introduce problems.

Techie0212

• 2008 CUSE3 Ultra Classic
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune / Arlen Ness A/C
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King Standard
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 12:49:16 AM »

Dealer ordered parts and my bike sat in the shop for 3 weeks. Had to call Milwaukee to see if the order was placed for my VIN #. Fortunately that was the case, yet I was the first to have the work done here. Damn, the techs scratched my bagger and hid it with some buffing. You kinda know your bike and the nuances of every nook and cranny. So far so good. Only had 1.3k miles and had the fuel shell go bad. Sad to have towed it to the shop, less being stranded for hours...

Aloha,

Techie0212
Air Force Reserves 0-5 20yrs (Retired)

2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune /Arlen Ness A/C

cuttinhorse

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Copper Head Road Qween
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »

0906 Fix for 08 SERK I called my dealer Oct 6, they ordered parts, called me back Oct 13 and said parts were in. I made apoint and they said I could bring it in and come back 6 hours later and it would be done.

Anyone have any suggestyions on what else I should ask them to check?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »

Dealer ordered my 0906 kit on Oct 2nd and it arrived today.  Though I've had ZERO problems with my '07 FLHRSE3 owned and ridden hard for almost two years, I hope this doesn't introduce problems.
You've got two years from the date of the letter to have the "enhancement" done.  IMO if you're not having any problems with the bike, why "fix" it?  Keep riding it like you've ridden it, as you have until Aug of 2010 to get the enhancement done.  I don't think I'd have it done at this time.  I'm having done on mine, because the heads have already leaked once.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 05:43:08 PM »

My dealer says the heads are on back order for another month for my scooter. Additionally, he has stated that the MOCO is only releasing 80 sets of heads per week so the idea that there are about 6000 bikes out there waiting is a bit disappointing. If anyone has any additional information on this let me know. It indeed shows a lack of planning on the MOCO's part...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.