Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Oil Temp Gauge - HD Model  (Read 21094 times)

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Oil Temp Gauge - HD Model
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 08:11:50 PM »

i just had the dealer install my oil temp guage where the air temp guage was. the dealer kept my air guage and didnt give it back, put a scratch on my mirror. the guage doesnt light up at all. there is now a thump when i put on the front brake, and "again" for the third time the oil level is about a half a quart over. my first bike i took in for oil change was over filled a whole quart and it started comming out of the intake all over my leg and side of my bike on the highway. the day i got my serg home i put about 300miles on it then checked my oil and it was a half a quart low. when i told the guy at the dealer about it, he say's it runs better that way.....now on this last oil change.....and i do mean last.....it was a half a quart over. im done with that shop...."F & S" harleydavidson dayton ohio......they can kiss my tailpipe...

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 07:46:19 PM »

I wonder how hard it would be to move it to the oil pan once it's been install in the oil line?

New hose - 2 new clamps and the correct tool to crimp the clamps and you'll be good
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »

i just had the dealer install my oil temp guage where the air temp guage was. the dealer kept my air guage and didnt give it back, put a scratch on my mirror. the guage doesnt light up at all. there is now a thump when i put on the front brake, and "again" for the third time the oil level is about a half a quart over. my first bike i took in for oil change was over filled a whole quart and it started comming out of the intake all over my leg and side of my bike on the highway. the day i got my serg home i put about 300miles on it then checked my oil and it was a half a quart low. when i told the guy at the dealer about it, he say's it runs better that way.....now on this last oil change.....and i do mean last.....it was a half a quart over. im done with that shop...."F & S" harleydavidson dayton ohio......they can kiss my tailpipe...

Your dealer sounds much like mine.  I was stupid enough to buy a maintenance contract though, so I will continue to take it there for maintenance until the contract is up.  Then I will be moving on to the next dealer and hoping that they don't also pride themselves in doing more damage than repairs.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »

Your dealer sounds much like mine.  I was stupid enough to buy a maintenance contract though, so I will continue to take it there for maintenance until the contract is up.  Then I will be moving on to the next dealer and hoping that they don't also pride themselves in doing more damage than repairs.

Is it a local maintenece contract?  You should be able to go anywhere for service with the official extended ESP plan.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2009, 10:32:47 PM »

Is it a local maintenece contract?  You should be able to go anywhere for service with the official extended ESP plan.
  I really don't know for sure.  I guess that would be a good thing to check out.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »

with all the pros and cons (mostly cons) I hear, I'm passing on the gage.   when i had one in my last bike it looked like it was pegged all the way to the right anyway,  and I like things to match up as well. Sometimes ya just gotta roll the dice.  50 k miles,  made it this far.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.