Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: First pictures of my Ruby Red Ultra Delivery room and all.  (Read 7557 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: First pictures of my Ruby Red Ultra Delivery room and all.
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »

Being a fan of red bikes I can close my eyes and see this red Ultra standing line abreast with the red SEEG, the red SERK and the Switchblade.  They're all stunning bikes.  Hell, to complete the matrix might as well thrown in the little red FXR.  A picture to make a guy's special places get all tingly.  It's rather sad actually that such a hot bike is damaged by the reputation gained/earned by the company that produces it.
I see more reasons that you want this bike then you don't want it in the above post.... Matter fact it seems you need to get the red SERK and Switchblade to go with it. :nixweiss: :sneaky: :evilgrin:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »

You preaching to the choir. :shocked2: You know you want it, you know you can work on it to make it whatever the heck you want it to be, and you know you never leave anything stock (motor or otherwise)........ So like I said in about six months you'll have one. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Gary, we both know I tend to be a minimalist when circumstances allow.  Simple solutions and unnecessary hassles avoided.  It's easier to just do a bit yourself rather than deal with some other dick to make something right when the matter is small enough to allow doing it. 

My "thing" here isn't the bike itself.  Sure, anything that happens could be sorted; with or without the MoCo.  It's not that the bike doesn't deserve a place in my garage.  It's that the MoCo doesn't deserve my patronage.  Not right now. 

They've dicked around too many friends.  Produced too many failures.  Chose not to stand up, admit and correct too many mistakes.  I might be very tempted by one of these bikes in a year or two as a nice used piece.  Spending my money with a rider and letting him do with it as he might.  But there's just no way I'm spending large change with HDI.  They don't deserve it right now.  And they're not going to get it. 

I hope the passage of time will see them being a better steward of their own history and legacy.  Foregoing those things in favor of an absolute, myopic and near-term bottom line vision has blurred the line between what is HDI and what was AMX.  But until they do better I'm fortunate that there's a used bike market out there that can supply and entertain me with things like a $12.5k red SERG.  I'll have just as much fun and won't be patronizing a corporate entity that behaves anymore like it need only assume rather earn the patronage.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »

Gary, we both know I tend to be a minimalist when circumstances allow.  Simple solutions and unnecessary hassles avoided.  It's easier to just do a bit yourself rather than deal with some other dick to make something right when the matter is small enough to allow doing it. 

My "thing" here isn't the bike itself.  Sure, anything that happens could be sorted; with or without the MoCo.  It's not that the bike doesn't deserve a place in my garage.  It's that the MoCo doesn't deserve my patronage.  Not right now. 

They've dicked around too many friends.  Produced too many failures.  Chose not to stand up, admit and correct too many mistakes.  I might be very tempted by one of these bikes in a year or two as a nice used piece.  Spending my money with a rider and letting him do with it as he might.  But there's just no way I'm spending large change with HDI.  They don't deserve it right now.  And they're not going to get it. 

I hope the passage of time will see them being a better steward of their own history and legacy.  Foregoing those things in favor of an absolute, myopic and near-term bottom line vision has blurred the line between what is HDI and what was AMX.  But until they do better I'm fortunate that there's a used bike market out there that can supply and entertain me with things like a $12.5k red SERG.  I'll have just as much fun and won't be patronizing a corporate entity that behaves anymore like it need only assume rather earn the patronage.
So let me make sure I understand this right..... In about six months you'll be looking for a used '09 Ruby Red SEUC?? :sneaky: :evilgrin:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2008, 08:55:17 PM »

So let me make sure I understand this right..... In about six months you'll be looking for a used '09 Ruby Red SEUC?? :sneaky: :evilgrin:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

ummmm, maybe  :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »

Blah, Blah, Blah!!! Ahh, you're full of crap!!! Just get the damn beautiful shiney new red bike already dammit!!! :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2008, 11:44:01 PM »

Blah, Blah, Blah!!! Ahh, you're full of crap!!! Just get the damn beautiful shiney new red bike already dammit!!! :P ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Nope. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2008, 11:47:47 PM »

Oh, and as for following our inclinations on matters bike or MoCo; how's that warranty holding up for ya :huepfenlol2: ?

I'm concerned about warranty because I need it to be covered anywhere, home or on the road. Thanks man. Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2008, 11:50:37 PM »

Oh, and as for following our inclinations on matters bike or MoCo; how's that warranty holding up for ya :huepfenlol2: ?

HeHe!!! FTW brutha!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

That was also pre-EBC Membership too! All bets are off now!!! :sauer052: :sauer021: :smilie_staub: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes4: :rolleyes4: :rolleyes4: :vrolijk_26: :multi: :multi: :multi: :innocent:

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:10:45 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »

WOW, how long have you been waiting to pull that ace from your sleeve?  :2vrolijk_21: ;D
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2008, 08:53:06 AM »

WOW, how long have you been waiting to pull that ace from your sleeve?  :2vrolijk_21: ;D

He was waiting til I said he was full of crap! Good comeback Don! But he is FOS!!! Karnac sees that Red Beauty in his future! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2008, 08:57:10 AM »

He was waiting til I said he was full of crap! Good comeback Don! But he is FOS!!! Karnac sees that Red Beauty in his future! ::) ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

You know Karnac?
Hmmmmmm maybe I been wrong about you ::)
Naw!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »

I like the used angle....I want to be looking for a brandy serk sometime next year unless I buy another oldster or a Ind...err or a huckleberry but if mister market does start screaming up hard like a wedding d&*k as fast as it pooped out, the bikes will just get older.  Still love the vintage OBW serg too.   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2008, 02:38:06 PM »

Hoist! 8)

FOS?  Totally; and often  :drink: .  Hell, even get paid for it sometimes!

All kidding aside still no 110s in twolane's future.  If the crystal balls were polished they'd likely say my next new bike is the second year of the water cooled bikes.  But even that is a "maybe."

It's cool to be able to love the one's you're with :2vrolijk_21: .

canucktm

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2008, 05:59:42 PM »

Thanks for all the interesting comments. Just had her in for the break in fluid changes etc. Also had the break light changed to an LED (but unit dosen't illuminate the licence plate,remember the stock unit has a clear lens on the top to light up the plate)also added the LED unit under the air wing. As I was tuning into this site for the last 6 months reading all the great info here I purchased the extended waranty. Peace of mind???? Some of you guys scared the Bejesus out of me . So far no leaks or problems but only have 1200 miles on it. I know , as we all do , that this new frame was built for the water cooled engine. I can't wait that long , my biological clock is ticking. I'll soon be 55 . Now add at least 2 years before release and another two years before I would even consider an all new engine from Mother Harley. Too many lost years for me. You only go around once and I've had too many close friends and family pass awy recently. Any way that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Oh and red IS FAST !

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:39 AM »

Congrats again, canucktm. I think you made the right decision, now ride that beast for all its worth before the weather turns on you! Then write up the ride report!  :pumpkin:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 24 queries.