Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Windshield for Road-Glide  (Read 24334 times)

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
Re: Windshield for Road-Glide
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »

bribe36,

As Jim Kerr has suggested I would get a hold of John at Clearview and/or go on his website and size up a Clearview for your height etc. I had the 12" Smoked Recurve on the 03 Road Glide and it was as Jim says real good windshield. Also, you do not have to buy it from DS, he will ship direct from Colorado to you and pricing is very reasonable.

Also, have the 9" Smoked Recurve on my 04 SEEG and it was worked great.

geezerglide

Thanks geerzerglide. I have checked the Clearview site but only see they offer clear - lt grey tint. Have you ever seen it with a dark tint like the that offered by Cee Bailey?

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 11:33:14 PM »

bribe36,

I think they also have smoked tint, as my 04 SEEG has it. I think they should also have for the SERG. Someone else may be able to confirm as I have not had a Road Glide for awhile.

geezerglide

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 01:33:09 AM »

bribe36,

I think they also have smoked tint, as my 04 SEEG has it. I think they should also have for the SERG. Someone else may be able to confirm as I have not had a Road Glide for awhile.

geezerglide

I'll call direct and see what offer, thanks for the input

texaswiz

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 10:08:02 AM »

Are you talking about a taller Harley windshield for your CVO or are you wanting something more exotic from another manufacturer?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »

Are you talking about a taller Harley windshield for your CVO or are you wanting something more exotic from another manufacturer?

Just my opinion (JMO) but H-D puts about as much time into researching the effectiveness of their stock windshields as I do into Ballroom Dancing (nyet)

ANYTHING is better than stock

B B

straightshoooter

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 SERG BLUE/BLUE
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

I have tried different MoCo shields, KW shields and Clearview.  In the looks department KW is hands down the best looking shield. 

I'm attaching a pic of my bike with the 8" KW mounted.  I've also tried the 14".  The KW works great in normal city driving.  You feel the wind, but it's more than livable.  The 14" is a bit better, but it is made form the same paper thin plastic as the 8".  The 14" relentlessly vibrates at highway speeds.  Short highway runs are fine with either the 8 or 14" KW.  However, if you are touring the KW shields are worthless!  The wind alternates left and right endlessly beating your ears.  You have to wear a helmet or hearing protection if you want to run long distances with the KW shields. 

Clearview is the best I've found from a form/function/quality perspective.  The recurve on the CV works great.  It deflects the wind over your head as well as far enough to the left/right to keep it from hitting your ears.  The CV plastic is also very thick, which is much safer if a rock or something is kicked up while riding.  Another thing I like about CV is they provide everything you need to install it on the bike.  It comes with the rubber trim, mounting hardware, etc.  KW doesn't ship with anything and they don't sell the stuff either. 

Beautiful bike brother!  :2vrolijk_21:
"HE WHO LOSES WEALTH LOSES MUCH; HE WHO LOSES A FRIEND LOSES MORE; BUT HE THAT LOSES COURAGE LOSES ALL."

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »

12 inch kw
someday- today-will be the good old days

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 12:16:30 PM »

larger pic

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »

looks nice.  How does it do on the freeway? 

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »

it's noisy   ...   wind's not too bad though

heres's the clearview small GT

quieter, maybe a little less wind,         but the looks are not as good in my opinion

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 03:57:27 PM »

another pic

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 04:00:14 PM »

I have a question that I don't know if anybody on the site can answer. If not, I will try to contact Klockwerks and see what they say.

My 8" KW is very thick material. It is solid black and not at all translucent. I'm wondering if the windsheilds that you can see through are made of a thinner lexan than the solid shields. I would think that at Bonneville speeds with nothing but miles and miles of flat open area, Klock's wife and daughters were not concerned with being able to see directly in front of them and used solid shields vice see through ones. My point being, that the thickness of the material would contribute to the level of vibration.

B B

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 04:13:30 PM »

I would think that at Bonneville speeds with nothing but miles and miles of flat open area, Klock's wife and daughters were not concerned with being able to see directly in front of them and used solid shields vice see through ones.

They would likely be wearing helmets.  KW shields work much better with a helmet. 

wts

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:42 PM »

sorry   
# 25 is actually a kw   ...   not a clearview

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »

sorry   
# 25 is actually a kw   ...   not a clearview

Is this a clearview shield?  Doesn't look like it has the recurve or the lower seal. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.