Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 06 Electronics  (Read 1082 times)

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
06 Electronics
« on: July 28, 2005, 02:01:40 PM »

I put together a general list for electronics upgrade from 05 to 06. They use a lot of old part numbers . The harness numbers would new. There is a dealer flash needed. But if the hole in the dash is the same this stuff should fit in IMHO. The aux amp fits under the tour pack (but only required if you run rear speakers).

BTW I cut a deal on an 06 today arrive 2nd week Aug.  The yellow 05 is available with 4kmi., j&m cb,intercom.

Jerry

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
Re: 06 Electronics
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 01:21:30 AM »

Hey Jerry - thanks for the parts breakdown...hmmm...$4200 in parts not to mention labor for the whole audio shebang...yikes!!! Congrats on the '06. The stereo alone makes the whole package quite a deal (relatively speaking, of course).  PJ

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 09:41:47 AM »

Hey Jerry - thanks for the parts breakdown...hmmm...$4200 in parts not to mention labor for the whole audio shebang...yikes!!! Congrats on the '06. The stereo alone makes the whole package quite a deal (relatively speaking, of course).  PJ

The price for audio is less then what the total shows as the list includes grips, seat . The parts for audio are about 3000.00 less labor.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:17:21 AM »

Hey Jerry - my mistake...only $3000+labor!!! still makes the Ultra a great deal...PJ

Scrrem

• Full CVO Member
  • 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:54:18 AM »

I would really be interested to see if someone can make this radio fit an 05 SEEG.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:40:20 PM »

I would really be interested to see if someone can make this radio fit an 05 SEEG.

Me too Screem.  The pieces I'd be most intersted in woudl be the radio itself, the XM, and the intercom.  Ought to be able to neatly mount intercom plugs on a bracket underneath the passenger's leg attached to the frame somehow.  The same bracket might also accomodate the driver or, if not, something farther forward.  Then would just be a case of hiding the wiring.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 11:08:29 PM by twolanerider »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 07:22:50 PM »

Darrellh has one on order and if anybody can get one to work in the 04-05's he can.  He made the locking glove boxes for the 04's and they are a thing of beauty.  He says he will post how if he gets it firgured out.  Some one asked if he would make the setup avalible to others but he hasn't said yet(probably wants to figure it out first).
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Darrellh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 09:27:08 AM »

I don't believe this will be a difficult change but I wont know until the radio arrives. I will most certainly post a full report on what it takes once I get started. There is a delay - I have put the radio order & a bunch of other parts on hold hoping to force the dealer to resolve my wobble/weave problem. To be honest if I can't get a quick resolution to this then I wont hesitate to get rid of the bike. Hopefully it wont come down to that.
Darrell

fxdjerry

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:15:13 AM »

I don't believe this will be a difficult change but I wont know until the radio arrives. I will most certainly post a full report on what it takes once I get started. There is a delay - I have put the radio order & a bunch of other parts on hold hoping to force the dealer to resolve my wobble/weave problem. To be honest if I can't get a quick resolution to this then I wont hesitate to get rid of the bike. Hopefully it wont come down to that.

A friend went through a wobble scenario turned out to be a bad tire.Could not tell by just looking at it. I don't know how they figured it out but it fixed his problem. The tire was brand new and still needed to be replaced. Good luck. I hope you get a quick resolution to the problem.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.