Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: REAR LED LIGHT  (Read 2394 times)

the barber

• Full CVO Member
REAR LED LIGHT
« on: October 11, 2008, 09:08:24 AM »

I was out riding the other day when one of my buds noticed my taillight flickering. Took it to the dealer, they noticed it was when you give it a little gas. Turns out there are three different changes made to the light. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up and check yours. Dealers replacing it under warranty.

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: REAR LED LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 09:26:20 AM »

What model and year bike do you have?

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 10:05:56 AM »

i am already on my 3rd tri-bar led rear lite

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

08 springer

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 01:53:13 PM »

my problems were always water/rain related. ended up sealing the rear light housing my self the last time, the dealer mech hadnt closed off the holes where u put the wiring loom and connectors through, hence 1st time i ride with rain the rear lamps fails again completely,  after the first led blew up i had 2 buy a bicycle rear lamp to wear on my rucksack to ride 500km home, rode with that cycle lamp another 2000km while waiting for stealer to get me a replacement tri-bar.
warning to all those who now have a click fit rear lamp bulb, carry a spare, they r not easily available

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 07:03:28 PM »

Yea u r right about that my 09 rear brake and tail light went out today buddy said it was flickering for about 60 or 70 miles then went out. Stop at dealer took about 20 minutes put new light in. Those led tri bar light is expensive. Didnt cost me but in 2 years it will $200 or so.

InfernoSE

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »

Had the same flickering going on with mine.  Turns out the front brake switch was out of adjustment.  Could've happened when I installed those f***ing chrome switch covers...

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »

Those led tri bar light is expensive. Didnt cost me but in 2 years it will $200 or so.
u lucky u dont live in switzerland i paid the equivalent of 400$ for a new tribar, even though my bike was under warrenty, after waiting 6weeks and no sign of a new light, i contacted another dealer guernsey harley davidson online who informed me the part is instock in Belguim and could be delivered with in the week, so i coughed up the $$$ myself and got myself back on the roads, many thanks a$$hole swiss stealer. To rub it in a second time i bought a luggage rack and couldnt fit it cus the retaining bolts in the tribar light housing were spinning in the plastic, so i gave the stealer my spare light housing to fit and asked them to order me a replacement, after waiting now 5months i asked the SM where is my rear light housing? Reply, donno hasnt arrived yet, look i still have ur old one under my desk! What do u want a spare one 4 anyway? CUS I FCKING PAID FOR IT I SAID!
MOCO  if ur reading this thread, please PM me! I am totally pi$$ed off!

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

Those led tri bar light is expensive. Didnt cost me but in 2 years it will $200 or so.
u lucky u dont live in switzerland i paid the equivalent of 400$ for a new tribar, even though my bike was under warrenty, after waiting 6weeks and no sign of a new light, i contacted another dealer guernsey harley davidson online who informed me the part is instock in Belguim and could be delivered with in the week, so i coughed up the $$$ myself and got myself back on the roads, many thanks a$$hole swiss stealer. To rub it in a second time i bought a luggage rack and couldnt fit it cus the retaining bolts in the tribar light housing were spinning in the plastic, so i gave the stealer my spare light housing to fit and asked them to order me a replacement, after waiting now 5months i asked the SM where is my rear light housing? Reply, donno hasnt arrived yet, look i still have ur old one under my desk! What do u want a spare one 4 anyway? CUS I FCKING PAID FOR IT I SAID!
MOCO  if ur reading this thread, please PM me! I am totally pi$$ed off!

Tell us how you really feel. THE MUFFMAN

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:49 PM »

Dealer called me today. They said the pope is almost done blessing my taillight, so hopefully a couple of days, week, months longer.

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 03:18:12 PM »

Good information guys
I got my ribat replaced a few months ago and my Belgium dealer dealt with it in less then 2 weeks - fully under warranty so no a single $ paid . I learned that I should possibly have a close inspection for possible water penetration areas and seal them off - saving me from having to ride with flickering (mine was actually believe it or not .."humming" ) taillights or carryin a pushbike rear light in my rugsack ;-)
I always thought the Swiss were leading by example man - sorry to hear about your mishaps and agony . :o..been there too on other HOGS - sometimes wonder why I keep on circeling back to them - guess some form of fatal atraction  :-\
A_R

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 06:12:52 AM »

Yea u r right about that my 09 rear brake and tail light went out today buddy said it was flickering for about 60 or 70 miles then went out. Stop at dealer took about 20 minutes put new light in. Those led tri bar light is expensive. Didnt cost me but in 2 years it will $200 or so.
[/
quote]

I have only seen one other orange bike like yours, that is sharp
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

springer09

• 2nd place is the 1st loser

• CVO1: 09 cvo springer blue
    • CVO2: 08 cvo springer orange
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »

Thanks serk3, the wife sure does turn a lot of heads. She thinks they are looking at her, I say they are looking at the bike.

the barber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »

Good news! The pope is done blessing the tail light. Install set for tuesday.

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 08:32:44 AM »

Good news! The pope is done blessing the tail light. Install set for tuesday.

GOOD NEWS!!1 :2vrolijk_21:

now he can bless the new front cylinder that the dealer wants to put on my '07......... ::)
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 20 queries.