Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 16110 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »

Just realized from your pictures Brian that with the true duals (no crossover) my install will be a fair bit faster.

Dang, just went out and looked at my bike again and if I have a quarter inch clearance between that lower bolt and the exhaust pipe, I'd be surprised. [smiley=shocked2.gif]  Hopefully, there will be a little slop there to work with. [smiley=nervous.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I take back what I said about a half hour. [smiley=oops.gif]

mw8385

• Full CVO Member
  • Oh Yah!
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2005, 09:28:44 PM »

Spyder, to me this is pretty much a duplication of how the front mount is stabilzed.  Because of that, I would not anticipate any issues with additional vibration getting to the rider or causing issues with the frame itself.  "mw8385" (the fellow whose bike was used for the photos above) and "STROKR" are the only two guys here that I know of for sure who are running these.  I will PM them to solicit any comments they might have and direct them to this thread for them to post to.

Thanks 103 for giving me a heads up on this thread! I haven't been on to much this month. I just bought a H1 (Hummer) and have been on Humvee.net reading like crazy! Anyways, I have not felt any access vibration since installing the RideSTR8. Mine has been on for almost 2 years now and haven't had any problems with it. Dan does offer a money back quarranty on his product and I don't think anyone has returned thiers!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2005, 10:01:27 PM »

Thanks 103 for giving me a heads up on this thread!

You're welcome.  That was a quick turnaround!  Thanks for the comments and congrats on the Hummer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2005, 10:03:35 PM »

Thanks for the comments and congrats on the Hummer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Some crowds a guy would get slapped for saying that  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2005, 03:05:57 PM »

Ok Boys and Girls, final details are in on the group buy.  Here goes:

There are now 6 confirmed buyers.  That reaches the minimum for the group buy requirement.  The more the merrier though; so don't let having met minimum requirements keep you from taking advantage of the deal we've been fortunate enough to get on the parts.  Details for participation are as follows:

Payment options:

Option 1) Mail two checks to me.  One written to Dan Semmere (he is Ride Str8) for $375.00 and one written to me for $10.00; this will cover the last-leg freight charge to ship the parts from me to you.

Option 2) Mail one check to me (made out to Don Carey) for $385.00.  I'll combine your payment with those paying by Paypal and send one check to cover all paying this way.

Option 3) Send Paypal payment of $395.00 to rider@theamericanroad.us.  This will cover the last-leg shipping charges and the Paypal charges I'll incur for receiving the payment.  I will then write a check to Dan that covers everyone's payment.

If mailing payment in send it to:

Don Carey
2829 N. Chandler
Joplin, MO  64801

Last day for payments to arrive to me will be Saturday 20 August.  On Monday 22 August I'll then forward the order paperwork he wants and all the payments to Dan via overnight mail.  

He is already counting on having an appropriate quantity in stock ready for us.  He will ship to me immediately upon receipt of payments (he won't hold the shipment waiting for checks to clear).  The shipment from him to me will take apprximately four days to arrive.  So I would expect to have it in hand approx 29-30 August.  I will ship them all to you the next day after I receive the individual boxes here.

Don't forget.  Once your install is complete you can send your core mounting bracking back to him for a $50.00 refund.  He'll make that check directly to you and mail it directly to you.

Any questions PM me.  If you are going to participate in the group buy but haven't yet specifically told me so then also please PM me.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 10:07:51 PM by twolanerider »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2005, 03:54:56 PM »

18 people responded to the poll minus 6 that are sending Twolane money.  Does that mean the other 12 are only interested in the True-Track? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2005, 04:03:26 PM »

18 people responded to the poll minus 6 that are sending Twolane money.  Does that mean the other 12 are only interested in the True-Track? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=confused5.gif]

Some may be interested in the True Track Brian.  But some were just, simply, interested; without necessarily being ready to buy.  That's all fine.   I've already said that once we get the RideStr8 thing put to bed I'd do it again for those intested in the other one (if there's enough interest).  We'll just have to wait and see what the interest is.  

We've got the six needed for this group buy to work though.  That's the first important thing to have accomplished.  More participants will likely yet become involved.  Not all 18 certainly, but a few more will likely join us at the bar.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2005, 06:07:35 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 If the Ride-str8 will fit on my "Led Sled" with Rineharts, I'm in.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2005, 06:35:46 PM »

Questions.... what part is it that if sent back will bring $50?? Does the new part look right on the bike? I can't tell a difference in the pictures posted by want to make sure.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2005, 07:31:23 PM »

Laker, I know this isn't the best photo here, but part number 40 is what you'd send back to Dan at Ride-Str8 if you want $50 in return.  It's the black powder-coated piece that your chrome passenger floorboard barcket mounts to.  Take this and go out to your bike.  I'm sure you'll know the part when you see it.

Ride-Str8 uses these factory pieces and welds a bracket to it which is where the linkage attaches to.  Take a look back through the other photos to the one where the red and green circles are.  The red circle goes around part number 40 and the green circle is the bracket that the Ride-Str8 folks add.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if not.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2005, 07:35:37 PM »

Also, here's a clean photo of the one I marked up above.

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »

Laker, I know this isn't the best photo here, but part number 40 is what you'd send back to Dan at Ride-Str8 if you want $50 in return.  It's the black powder-coated piece that your chrome passenger floorboard barcket mounts to.  Take this and go out to your bike.  I'm sure you'll know the part when you see it.

Ride-Str8 uses these factory pieces and welds a bracket to it which is where the linkage attaches to.  Take a look back through the other photos to the one where the red and green circles are.  The red circle goes around part number 40 and the green circle is the bracket that the Ride-Str8 folks add.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if not.

103. Thanks for taking the time. That is exactly what I needed to know.  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2005, 08:32:49 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  If the Ride-str8 will fit on my "Led Sled" with Rineharts, I'm in.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

Carl they've got a kit for 2002 and newer and a kit for 1994-2001.  I remember seeing Maude at Soggy Valley but I don't remember what year she is; so you'll have to let me know.

The exhaust shouldn't be an issue.  I'm told nstallation for anyone with standard duals (with a crossover) is supposed to involve lossening (but not removing) both exhaust flanges and the removing the bolt on the bracket down the tranny.  Also remove the two bolts on the rear hanger bracket.  That is supposed to allow "plenty" of room to get the bracket off the right side of the bike and allow for it's replacement to be reinstalled.  The replacement is not any thicker.  So the stock piece fit inside the pipe the new piece will as well.  The rest of the pieces are easy to get to underneath the bike with nothing in their way.

Just realized I might have misunderstood here too.  Just to make sure, are you thinking about getting one for the black bike or for the new Ultra-soon-to-be-Led-Sled?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 08:36:21 PM by twolanerider »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2005, 12:21:17 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
 This would be for my current "Led Sled."  2002 FLHTCUI-as stated on Mods.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2005, 02:14:36 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Twolane,
  This would be for my current "Led Sled."  2002 FLHTCUI-as stated on Mods.  Please advise.  Later--HUBBARD

OK Hub, I'm sending you a PM also in case this gets lost in the traffic.  Since the black Ultra is an 02 you'll need the same kit everyone else is doing. It's good for an 02 and up.  I'll get you added to the list right away.  For all the paying and shipping guidance see this thread:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1123273498
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 20 queries.