Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 16191 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2005, 09:23:52 AM »

Would like to get in on it but won't be home from Canada till the 20th so no way I would be able to get acheck to you by the 20th.  Any other options??  Not sure when I'll be on the internet again.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2005, 11:41:59 AM »

Would like to get in on it but won't be home from Canada till the 20th so no way I would be able to get acheck to you by the 20th.  Any other options??  Not sure when I'll be on the internet again.

Magoo, there may be an issue with price discount.  The Ride Str8 guy and I are talking about it right now.  Really not sure yet what the outcome will be.  

If all goes as planned though and you still want in that won't be a problem.  I'll just pay for one more when I send all the orders in and you can pay me back.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2005, 10:06:37 PM »

Everyone participating in the group buy please take a look at the last three or four posts in the Group Buy thread here:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1123273498

There was an issue with the price.  It's $39.00 more than we'd originally expected.  All the explanation and other info is in the last few posts of the thread linked above in this message.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2005, 10:26:41 PM »

Don, like I said in my PM, I'm glad we have you working this Group Buy on our behalf!  Great job and thanks for the time you've invested in it, especially in dealing with this hiccup!  And, yes, I'm still in!  $105 off is $105 off.  That goes a long way toward paying for the goodies I got from mobe! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  The check is in the mail!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2005, 11:08:15 PM »

Don, like I said in my PM, I'm glad we have you working this Group Buy on our behalf!  Great job and thanks for the time you've invested in it, especially in dealing with this hiccup!  And, yes, I'm still in!  $105 off is $105 off.  That goes a long way toward paying for the goodies I got from mobe! [smiley=beerchug.gif]  The check is in the mail!

I'm still in Don! Thanks again and I've sent the added $'s via Paypal

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2005, 11:22:55 PM »

I am still in as well and want to publicly thank Don for all the crap he has put up with getting this done.  Thanks again and be safe.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2005, 11:23:40 PM »

I'm still in Don! Thanks again and I've sent the added $'s via Paypal

Thanks Dude!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2005, 11:16:08 PM »

Returned home today after having been gone a few days.  Just completed updating the list of names for whom payment has arrived and are therefore good to go for the group buy.  If you're wondering check your name on the list in the first post of the thread in the group buy section here:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1123273498;start=0#1
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 02:28:59 AM by twolanerider »

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:05 PM »

I've been using this thing for over a year now, it definately REDUCES rear steer and does NOT eliminate it. It scraps the ground frequently when riding solo and especially when riding 2 up despite the postings here I have not kissed my ass goodbye by leanin' my scooter a little. Just for everyones info, it is not the distance between the ground (height) that causes the problems, it's the width that causes the problems it sticks out to far on the left side. I have not used the ride str8 but from the photos I have seen it looks like a better design as far clearance is concerned but the question is does it reduce/eliminate rear steer? Oh yeah I paid $350 and these photos were taken weeks after installation it looks substantially worse now!!! [smiley=pumpkin.gif] [smiley=oops.gif]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 12:29:30 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2005, 12:40:39 PM »

Here is a picture of my area of concern.
These highlighted areas look like they will break easily!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
The top piece that mounts to the pegs is overkill!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 12:43:30 PM by the_ofender »

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2005, 01:14:23 PM »

It should be more like this

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2005, 10:01:57 PM »

Notice of Possible Shipping Delay on Group Buy

This is to advise everyone of a potential shipping delay from Ride Str8.  Please remember that the logistics on this order were such that Dan at Ride Str8 would receive the order in hand from me on Tuesday 23 August.  He was then to have shipped the bulk order to me a day or two thereafter.  I would then ship individually to each of you.

The change is now that Ride Str8 does not expect to have sufficient quantity in hand when our order arrives to fill the order entirely.  Unfortunately some quantity of our order will be a backorder.  Dan tells me that the longest delay to expect in filling the backorder will be 10 days.  He has spoken with his suppliers and hopes it will be quicker.  He suggests it might be quicker.  But he can not promise that it will be quicker.

It is unfortunate we won't get product in hand as quickly as hoped or originally suggested.  The delay is apparently a combination of buying from a small business that normally doesn't keep tons of inventory on hand at any given time at the same time that Sturgis and other events used up a larger than normal amount of that same inventory.  In other words just part of doing business......

Dan has told me he will fill with what quantity he has when the order arrives.  He wasn't precisely sure how many this would be but suggested it would be at least three units.  So we can count on three coming sooner rather than later.  The remainder will fill when the backorder comes in to him.

Just so that everyone knows; everyone else's order will fill first.  My own will be taken as the last one that arrives.  My personal wait will be as long or longer than anyone else's.

This is a delay from what I had told each of you to expect.  It is unfortunate and I apologize.  It is completely understandable that anyone might reconsider participation in the group purchase as a result of the changing circumstances.  If you would like to remove yourself from the group purchase you need only let me know.  I will get your payment returned to you immediately.

For those that remain I will handle fill of the orders as follows:  Anyone that is preparing for a rally or other long distance trip will get priority.  Should the number of you claiming this to be your circumstance be larger than the initial quantity received fill be first come-first served and based on when your note arrived to me.  After these riders' orders are met the remainder will have their priority set simply by who paid first.

Hopefully the parts to me will only be two shipments; the initial three or so units he has left in stock followed by everything else some number of days later.  But setting the priorities as described above will allow for a fair shipping order just in case things dribble in a bit.

Again, sorry for the bad news.  I hate having had told you to expect one time frame and now having to tell each of you the circumstances will be different.  Should anyone have any question please feel free to PM or email me.

Thank you,
Don

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2005, 01:06:59 PM »

Order has been written up for the group  purchase on the Ride Str8 product.  Will be taken to the post office over lunch for next day mailing to Ride Str8.  Total count was 13 units with total payment to Ride Str8 for $4875.00

He should have the order in hand tomorrow and has promised immediate shipping of the three units he currently has in stock.  The remainder are to ship when his backorders come in and within ten days.  

Whatever day those separate shipments arrive to me I will reship the individual pieces to each of you unless the parcel is dropped off too late in the day to reship.  In that case they'll leave the next day.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:08:33 PM by twolanerider »

ckroaster

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2005, 01:09:51 PM »

Just found site so I hope this is not old stuff.  Bike is an O3 Road King.  The wobble you all discuss I barely feel at high speeds (and I do like to scoot between 80 and 100), but I do notice it at slow speeds.  Typically when I take off I forget to zip up my jacket or button my sleves, so in 2nd gear at about 40-45 mph I take my hands off the bars (no throttle) and do whatever .  Between 30-40 the front end starts to really shake bad, about to crash bad.
I talked to my dealer (Laidlaws HD) during 30,000 service and they checked it out.  Initially I thought it was an out of balance tire since the problem seemed new, but they said the rear swingarm was very loose with great movement in the horizontal axis but that its the bearings in the swingarm.  I have the extended warranty but they greased up they bearings and said this was a periodic maintenance item with all swingarm specs withing HD tolerances.  They said this corrected the problem.
I had the maintenance done before Sturgis but the problem still exists as bad as ever.  I have not contacted the dealer yet but plan to soon.

My questions:
1. Does anyone else have this lower speed problem?
2. Either way has anyone contacted HD or their dealer about the wobble?
3. Wouldn't the wobble be a legal liability problem that HD would want to correct?

mike

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »

CK,

When I talked to Wil Phillips, the inventor of True-Track, at Sturgis he made a few interesting points:

1. The MOCO will never admit the problem exists because of all the past Instability Lawsuits they've fought and won. Or settled out of court. Therefore they won't be making any drastic structural changes to eliminate the problem either since it would be addressing a non-existant problem as they previously have claimed.

2. Wil has also been used as an expert witness against the MOCO multiple times for crashes resulting from instability issue's which are litigated around the country.

3. Wil claims a wobble or bike instability action can occur at any speed....slow or fast....its the manuver, twisting, flexing etc which initiates the instability not necessarily the speed.

4. Wil claims Road Kings and Screaming Eagle bike's are the most likely to have issue's because of their geometries. A lowered bike changes the swing arm's angle which increase's the potential for a problem to arise.

Feel free to call him directly, he's very passionate about this problem and his solution. Refer to my post on Page 5 of this discussion for all his contact information.

Good Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.