Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Does your Cuse4 have the oil hose in front of the cooler like this?  (Read 6301 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Does your Cuse4 have the oil hose in front of the cooler like this?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »

Last one.... THANK YOU SO MUCH BROTHER MIKE!!!

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 09:55:41 AM »

Last one.... THANK YOU SO MUCH BROTHER MIKE!!!

Dang, that looks like a good bunch!
CVO Limited

Flying Ace

• Senior CVO Member
  • IBA#10357

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 08:34:51 AM »

Oh, and yes, my hose is on the top too on my '09.
CVO Limited

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »

I looked at an '09 and saw the hose routing. It appears they changed the oil cooler. The inlet and outlet connections are now on different ends of the cooler where they were both on the same side before. Don't know if the new routing provides better temperature drops or not.

It's fugly, that's for sure tho.

:indian_chief:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »

I looked at an '09 and saw the hose routing. It appears they changed the oil cooler. The inlet and outlet connections are now on different ends of the cooler where they were both on the same side before. Don't know if the new routing provides better temperature drops or not.

It's fugly, that's for sure tho.

:indian_chief:

Just today I filled out the buyer survey I got in the mail from moco.  It's 3-4 pages long and most questions are about the dealer.  On the last page there is room to make a comment.  I only made one and it was about this stupid design that covers up chrome.   :soapbox:

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »

yes that ugly hose id on mine also   :-\
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 05:18:20 AM »

Ok ok, so now we all agree it doesn't look good, and is a poor design. What can we do to fix it.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

Ok ok, so now we all agree it doesn't look good, and is a poor design. What can we do to fix it.

First thing I would look at is the possibility of replacing that Harley filter adaptor with a Jagg offset adaptor with thermostat.  The Jagg adaptor places the filter above the hoses, not below them, which should make it much easier to route the hoses less visibly.  Then get some new hose (braided if you prefer) and do your own routing.  Just be aware of the possibility of chafing/rubbing when routing the hoses.  The pre '06 models routed the hoses between the frame and the end of the cooler, and some actually rubbed through the hose.  Be certain to protect the hose and allow for the fact that the engine mounted hoses will be moving relative to the frame and frame mounted cooler on a rubber mounted engine.

Jerry
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:29:25 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »

The pre '06 models routed the hoses between the frame and the end of the cooler, and some actually rubbed through the hose.  Be certain to protect the hose and allow for the fact that the engine mounted hoses will be moving relative to the frame and frame mounted cooler on a rubber mounted engine.

Jerry

Simple method to protect the lines where they ran close to the frame tubes was another piece of line.  Split an inch length of fuel of vacuum line.  Then slide it between the oil line and the tube with a bit of adhesive on the line being slid in place. 

That does nothing to help those that might have had their line blow off (as several did).  But it was an easy fix for the chafing problem.

REGGAB

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »

The pre '06 models routed the hoses between the frame and the end of the cooler, and some actually rubbed through the hose.  Be certain to protect the hose and allow for the fact that the engine mounted hoses will be moving relative to the frame and frame mounted cooler on a rubber mounted engine.

Jerry

It isn't just the pre-06 models.  06 models are the same way.  Speaking from experience (this happened to me on the way to Rolling Thunder year before last), a piece of adhesive backed "loop" side of the "hook & loop" material (more commonly known by its brand name "Velcro,") applied to the hose, topped with a piece of split loom of appropriate circumference, does an excellent job of preventing oil line chaffing.

Ultrafun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:33 AM »

OK 09 Screamin Eagle Folks.  My Ruby red ultra looks good too, except for these oil lines. Looks like we all agree the oil hoses in front of the oil cooler is a pretty poor design job.  Looks like a "oh - we forgot to account for the hoses" job.  It's fixable and with a few commitments (strength in numbers) I think we can get this done.

I can call "In-line Tube" (http://www.inlinetube.com/) and see if they'll develop a hose set and give it a part number so we can order them.  Anyone interested?  See below and their website.  I haven't worked with these guys before and if someone lives close to these guys maybe a shop inspection is possible, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Custom Stainless Braided Brake Hoses
Inline Tube can make just about any custom brake hose out of stainless braided material. Our stainless steel braided hoses are available with either a clear cover that shows the braiding or a black cover that provides an OE look from a distance. In most cases, we do not need the original brake hose to create your custom brake hose. Provide the overall length of the brake hose that you require, the size of the fitting that attaches at the brake line and the fitting size at the caliper. If you do not know this information, simply send in the original. It is not recommended to run long lengths of braided hose in place of hard brake line. Hoses should be kept as short as possible. The more braided hose in the system, the softer the brake pedal becomes. All hose expands with pressure where hard line does not, and excessive hose decreases the braking efficiency of the vehicle.
Metal to Rubber Connections
In some cases, lines are attached directly to flexible hose connections. These applications include: fuel injection, crate motor installation, power steering, and army/navy connections. Inline Tube can duplicate any fuel injection line that has metal to rubber connections. We also manufacture all the parts and fittings to make any custom application. If you are connecting to o-ring, pipe thread, inverted flare, or AN (Army/Navy), we can make a custom line for you. To make your custom part, provide the original part or a drawing of what you need.

Pricing and Mailing
When sending parts to Inline Tube, you must call ahead to receive a quote number from the sales department. Any package received without a quote number will be refused by our shipping department and sent back to the original sender. Please remember to include your name, phone number, and a description of your vehicle. Please note the provided quote number and CUSTOM DUPLICATION on the box so we can separate these boxes from other incoming freight. Send to:

Inline Tube - Custom Duplication
Quote #
15066 Technology Drive
Shelby Twp, MI  48315

Custom duplication is usually 20-25 percent more than similar products for cars & trucks listed in our catalog and takes longer than our normal 24-48 hour ship time.

Ultrafun - Ride safe!

REGGAB

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2008, 08:42:48 AM »

OK 09 Screamin Eagle Folks.  My Ruby red ultra looks good too, except for these oil lines. Looks like we all agree the oil hoses in front of the oil cooler is a pretty poor design job.  Looks like a "oh - we forgot to account for the hoses" job.  It's fixable and with a few commitments (strength in numbers) I think we can get this done.

I can call "In-line Tube" (http://www.inlinetube.com/) and see if they'll develop a hose set and give it a part number so we can order them.  Anyone interested?  See below and their website.  I haven't worked with these guys before and if someone lives close to these guys maybe a shop inspection is possible, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Custom Stainless Braided Brake Hoses
Inline Tube can make just about any custom brake hose out of stainless braided material. Our stainless steel braided hoses are available with either a clear cover that shows the braiding or a black cover that provides an OE look from a distance. In most cases, we do not need the original brake hose to create your custom brake hose. Provide the overall length of the brake hose that you require, the size of the fitting that attaches at the brake line and the fitting size at the caliper. If you do not know this information, simply send in the original. It is not recommended to run long lengths of braided hose in place of hard brake line. Hoses should be kept as short as possible. The more braided hose in the system, the softer the brake pedal becomes. All hose expands with pressure where hard line does not, and excessive hose decreases the braking efficiency of the vehicle.
Metal to Rubber Connections
In some cases, lines are attached directly to flexible hose connections. These applications include: fuel injection, crate motor installation, power steering, and army/navy connections. Inline Tube can duplicate any fuel injection line that has metal to rubber connections. We also manufacture all the parts and fittings to make any custom application. If you are connecting to o-ring, pipe thread, inverted flare, or AN (Army/Navy), we can make a custom line for you. To make your custom part, provide the original part or a drawing of what you need.

Pricing and Mailing
When sending parts to Inline Tube, you must call ahead to receive a quote number from the sales department. Any package received without a quote number will be refused by our shipping department and sent back to the original sender. Please remember to include your name, phone number, and a description of your vehicle. Please note the provided quote number and CUSTOM DUPLICATION on the box so we can separate these boxes from other incoming freight. Send to:

Inline Tube - Custom Duplication
Quote #
15066 Technology Drive
Shelby Twp, MI  48315

Custom duplication is usually 20-25 percent more than similar products for cars & trucks listed in our catalog and takes longer than our normal 24-48 hour ship time.

Ultrafun - Ride safe!

I'll keep these folks in mind for my application.  Thanks for the link.

AZSSE

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 11:46:08 AM »

It's sad Moco would do that and not realize, or worse not care.

REGGAB

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »

It's sad Moco would do that and not realize, or worse not care.

Yessir, but it is what it is.  Thank God for this site to help us collectively figger solutions.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »

Mine looks just like yours.

:oops:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 24 queries.