Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO  (Read 15356 times)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »

Dropped my SEUC off at the dealer today to have 0905 installed.  I'll be picking it up when I get off travel next Saturday.  So we'll see how it goes.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

graygost267

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  I have put about 1500 miles on my 08 CUSE3 since the new heads and gaskets were installed and have not had any ill effects.   Bike runs great and is quiet - at least from the engine perspective.  Pipes are a little louder than I prefer since I did a Stage 1 upgrade, but WTF, it runs great and I love it. I have bike 63/1800 and have been very pleased with its performance.  Of course at 71, I am not about doing wheelies or winding it out in each gear.  Did that 40 years ago, now it is so out of my system.  Now I just enjoy the open road and meeting new friends.  :drink: :huepfenjump3:

graygost

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2008, 04:21:01 PM »

That's good news, Ghost!  How many miles did you have before you did the upgrade?  Did you have any issues b4 the upgrade?  I have an 08, Stage I, SERT, Rinehart TDs with no issues except a little drool in the air cleaner.  I did have the dealer order the upgrade kit but have become less interested in doing the upgrade after hearing some of the horror stories.
Appreciate your experience.
I also am long over wheelies, high speed at the golden age of 60.
T-man

REGGAB

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2008, 06:07:41 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  I have put about 1500 miles on my 08 CUSE3 since the new heads and gaskets were installed and have not had any ill effects.   Bike runs great and is quiet - at least from the engine perspective.  Pipes are a little louder than I prefer since I did a Stage 1 upgrade, but WTF, it runs great and I love it. I have bike 63/1800 and have been very pleased with its performance.  Of course at 71, I am not about doing wheelies or winding it out in each gear.  Did that 40 years ago, now it is so out of my system.  Now I just enjoy the open road and meeting new friends.  :drink: :huepfenjump3:

graygost

Hopefully they have you squared away now, Ken.  If not, I know a top notch builder.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
We need to ride down there and see Rod.  I took him and Bob Wood to lunch at Luna's in Hanceville last Saturday.  Great BBQ.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »

Had my top end done, rode to Daytona and back plus many short trips.  All looks good to the eye.  I think that I have a little less noise since done.  Runs just as good as before as I had the SERC, Rineharts, and SE cleaner done at delivery.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2008, 10:19:38 PM »

since you have same setup as me, let me know if a) you run some interstate speeds at least 30% of your travels and b) if you get any oil carryover in the air cleaner (I do, about a tablespoon every 2-3000 miles).

T-man

graygost267

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2008, 02:50:24 PM »

:huepfenjump3:  Hey T-Man:  I had just over 12,500 miles when I had the head recall done.  Bike ran great before the recall and seems to run a bit better now afterwards.  I never had a leak around the rear cylinder head or around the air breather before the recall and still don't have one.  I now have 14,350 on the bike.   All of that mileage was done in seven months.  I bought the bike in November 2007 and in December had a knee replacement and couldn't ride for five months (Dr's orders).  Have been making up for lost time since.  YEEEEEE  HAAAAAAAA.  :drink: :drink:

graygost267

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »

Good to hear, Ghost - I just turned 8,000 miles (bought mine end of June, '08).  I don't have a leak (just checked it) at the rear cylinder and I think I'll wait on the upgrade.  Hope I can roll on scores more miles without a leak...guess we'll see.
American Iron mag has an article on the 110 motor and rear cylinder leak in this month's issue.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:42 AM »

I've now put on around 10,000 miles since the "B" gasket was installed. No problems since then. Still wondering whether to let them do the other upgrades.

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2008, 10:50:02 AM »

u have 2 years, if u were me i would wait till next winter, i had the same dilema as u, i would have waited till next winter except my lower rear was seeping.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2008, 02:25:52 PM »

That is my inclination (to wait) BUT, there is the matter of the ACRs.  If one of those fail when I am, say, in the hills of West VA next summer, that would suck.  But I think I will wait, with fingers crossed. 
If I read all the info right, my valve guides are okay since my build month was May 08.  If I have this wrong, someone please let me know!
T-man

tireless

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »

I had the recall work done at the 1K service because it seemed the ACR's didn't always do their job, every 3rd or 4th start would kick back and sound like the teeth were going to ripped of the starter. Was hoping the new ACR's would cure it..... no joy.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »

I had the recall work done at the 1K service because it seemed the ACR's didn't always do their job, every 3rd or 4th start would kick back and sound like the teeth were going to ripped of the starter. Was hoping the new ACR's would cure it..... no joy.

ouch!  doesnt sound good to me.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 07:07:33 PM »

I just picked my Jester up from the dealer today after having 0905 done.  I talked to the tech that did the work and he stated that I probably could have gone a long time or not even have had the enhancement done.  He stated that mine was "tight".  I told him that when I did have the head gasket leak the first time, they replaced the gaskets with the "B" version.  He said that's why mine looked so good when he opened it up.  He said mine was the best one he'd worked on.  The only difference I noticed after the enhancement is that it starts easier now.  One of my ACRs must have been bad.  He didn't say anything about either of them being bad though.  Engine runs the same as it did before the enhancement.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HungarianKing

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »

Does anyone know why program 0906 doesn"t include new heads?
-HK
- H King
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 25 queries.