Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Author Topic: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO  (Read 15355 times)

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »

Got my bike back and was told the MOCO stopped replacing the heads so I got everything except for the new heads.  Seems to run okay for now.  My '08 SEUC was built in October of '07 and should have gotten new heads.   :nixweiss:  Has anyone else heard this or is the MOCO trying to get out of some of the expense?
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2008, 01:46:34 PM »

Got my bike back and was told the MOCO stopped replacing the heads so I got everything except for the new heads.  Seems to run okay for now.  My '08 SEUC was built in October of '07 and should have gotten new heads.   :nixweiss:  Has anyone else heard this or is the MOCO trying to get out of some of the expense?

Sounds like you got screwed out of your new heads The Dugans! The EP clearly states new heads for the SEUC's. The other 3 SE bike guys got screwed out of new heads by definition of the 2 different EP's for these bikes. But yours was clearly to be provided with new heads. I'd demand them from them. Too bad they gotta break your motor apart again though. But I'd force this issue with them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

Sounds like you got screwed out of your new heads The Dugans! The EP clearly states new heads for the SEUC's. The other 3 SE bike guys got screwed out of new heads by definition of the 2 different EP's for these bikes. But yours was clearly to be provided with new heads. I'd demand them from them. Too bad they gotta break your motor apart again though. But I'd force this issue with them! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Thanks Hoist.  It's back to the dealer for another round!   :-\
FLHTCUSE3 - 2008 105th anniversary
V&H Dresser Duals
V&H Monster Ovals
Super SERT
Big Sucker A/C
American Legend Sport Trailer
Member #4518

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »

I just got my SEUC2 back from the dealer and they received the complete kit from the MoCo, heads and all.  If you didn't get the new heads, it may be your dealer, not the MoCo.  I would also question then whether you got the new ACR's, because in EP 0905, which is what your bike should have fallen under, the ACR come pre-installed in the new heads.  So check on that too.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

HarleyJeff

• CVO1: 08 SE Road King "Annie" #590
« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2008, 12:21:32 PM »

I had the recall work done at the 1K service because it seemed the ACR's didn't always do their job, every 3rd or 4th start would kick back and sound like the teeth were going to ripped of the starter. Was hoping the new ACR's would cure it..... no joy.

Hey tireless, I had the same problem after my fix. Made them change the starter, problem cured.
BuB 7 True Duals
MoFlo air cleaner
SERT Pro & Dyno tune 100hp/118tq to the ground.
Factory center stand
LED turn signals
HID headlight conversion

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »

Dropped mine off this morning for new heads, gasket, and more.  Noticed a little bit of oil on the cylinders at about 2,000 miles.  Dealer said it was nothing.  At 5,000 miles, still not much happening.  Then, at 5,300 major leak developed.  Dripping off rear cylinder, blowing onto saddlebags when I ride, making a mess.  I'm surprised how fast it went.

I'll find out later this week how it all works out.

tireless

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2008, 11:51:12 PM »

Hey tireless, I had the same problem after my fix. Made them change the starter, problem cured.

Thanks Jeff, I'll head down that path after Christmas

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »

Dropped mine off this morning for new heads, gasket, and more.  Noticed a little bit of oil on the cylinders at about 2,000 miles.  Dealer said it was nothing.  At 5,000 miles, still not much happening.  Then, at 5,300 major leak developed.  Dripping off rear cylinder, blowing onto saddlebags when I ride, making a mess.  I'm surprised how fast it went.

I'll find out later this week how it all works out.

???  huh? 

(if you walk into the doctor's office dripping just a little bit of blood - and the doctor says "it is nothing" - I'd go find another doctor...)
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2008, 09:03:48 PM »

???  huh? 

(if you walk into the doctor's office dripping just a little bit of blood - and the doctor says "it is nothing" - I'd go find another doctor...)

Yeah, there was a little oil on the back of the rear cylinder at about 2,000 miles.  Took it to the dealer and they said it must have been some oil spilled during the oil change, and blew back there when riding.  If it was leaking then, it was a very small leak.  No doubt about it now.

tennisman

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '08 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: '96 Heritage Softail Classic
    • CVO3: '14 Indian Chief Vintage
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2008, 09:10:44 PM »

When did you buy your 08 Ultra...curious to the month.  I have almost 9K and don't have any leak yet (fingers crossed).
T-man

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2008, 11:03:21 PM »

Yeah, there was a little oil on the back of the rear cylinder at about 2,000 miles.  Took it to the dealer and they said it must have been some oil spilled during the oil change, and blew back there when riding.  If it was leaking then, it was a very small leak.  No doubt about it now.

Wait a minute!!  They said that it must have been spilled oil? First off, that's just plain sloppiness on the dealer's part if there's spilled oil and they didn't clean it off.  There's only three areas that could have any "spilled" oil, the oil pan plug, (hard to spill there), the filler tube, could spill there but it wouldn't blow forward and up to the rear cylinder, (unless you turned the bike upside down and drove it backwards), or sometimes oil gets caught between the oil cooler and the chrome oil cooler cover, but that would be physically impossible for the oil to fly up from there across the engine past the rear cylinder and then come back and end up on the rear of the rear cylinder.   :nervous: Time to get a new servicing dealer...this place is clueless....JMHO.... ???

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2008, 11:50:09 PM »

Wait a minute!!  They said that it must have been spilled oil? First off, that's just plain sloppiness on the dealer's part if there's spilled oil and they didn't clean it off.  There's only three areas that could have any "spilled" oil, the oil pan plug, (hard to spill there), the filler tube, could spill there but it wouldn't blow forward and up to the rear cylinder, (unless you turned the bike upside down and drove it backwards), or sometimes oil gets caught between the oil cooler and the chrome oil cooler cover, but that would be physically impossible for the oil to fly up from there across the engine past the rear cylinder and then come back and end up on the rear of the rear cylinder.   :nervous: Time to get a new servicing dealer...this place is clueless....JMHO.... ???

:2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2008, 12:59:37 AM »

Oil spill?  Makes perfect sense to me...when you add oil through the rocker covers, it's easy to spill a little...OH Wait...that only applies to Harley-Davidson cars!  That SM/SA/mechanic must have worked for MoCo cars before transferring to the MC side...so it's a reasonable mistake.  :oops:
If you want peace, prepare for war.

dave56

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2009, 02:17:32 PM »

Have an 07 Road King Screaming Eagle that I love (but slipping out of love quickly) with 19,000 miles, with about 14 months of riding (in shop for upgrades and out of the country are my only days I have not ridden). I know every noise.  I've been riding 38 years, but first Harley.  Before my upgrade at 18,000 miles, not a single issue, after my upgrade I heard the tapping noise immediately, and am now having several other issues, including stalling.  All our dealers must attend the same training.  "I can't hear anything". and "I've heard worse".  I got HD involved, and demanded they send out someone from HD to ride and tell me what is going on.  They said it would be 6-8 weeks. This is after it started stalling in traffic and I told them it was a safety issue.  They said I can have it picked up and put in the shop again for 6-8 weeks until they get there on their normal rounds.  I get the attitude that I am the only one in the world with this problem.  Glad to see I am not.

Today I couldn't keep it running at lights without stalling out, so I have to put it in the shop and be at the mercy of HD.

I read about TT370 MOCO, that was a fix.  Any updates?

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2009, 01:53:40 PM »

Just got mine back from the "2nd" head fix!

My tank is scratched, the floorboard fell of in the parking lot, and the horn is banging the cylinders...Geezz!

I ain't taking it back, they phuque up more than they fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does any service tech know how to do chit anymore?
Unapologetically American!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 25 queries.