Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Gearing with a 110?  (Read 5380 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Gearing with a 110?
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 09:57:05 AM »

Nothing can be done that will not effect all gears unless you crack open gear case and change 1 gear (6th gear) or get a complete new transmission. I do not even know if you can get a new 6th gear to mount in the case that would shorten 6th.
Seems far easier to just shorten the entire drive line as close as to  a 3.00 to a 3.19 final ratio as possible.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Gearing with a 110?
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 08:40:27 PM »

While riding yesterday, I was on a slight down slope and was able to have the bike in 6th gear and in cruise.  I tried to pull in on the clutch to see what happens with the 6th gear light.  I know someone here said that the light went out when the rpms went up from pulling in on the clutch.  I was able to pull in on the clutch "just" enough to turn off the light without disengaging the clutch at all; so rpms remained the same and the light went out.  If you're putting it into 6th gear the light doesn't come on until you have the clutch all the way out, then it lights up.

I looked in the electrical drawing and found a clutch switch, but did not find a 6th gear switch shown anywhere.  So I'm still not sure of what activates it other than what someone suggested; certain mph and certain rpm and ECM knows the gear selection and turns on the 6th gear light.

When I go in for my service and campaigns, I'll ask how it all works, if they know that is.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.