Author Topic: Today  (Read 3113 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Today
« on: October 25, 2008, 02:09:17 PM »

A gray cloudy day in NE Ohio w/ the wind out of the west and hovering around 50 degs. Damp from last nights cold front rains that passed through. Hopped on the red bike and took a spin up to the dealer. Had a burger, cup of coffee and shot the chit w/ some folks for awhile. Road home the same route. The colored leaves were falling in the breeze and traffic was light. The bike rumbled like a Harley should and responded to my almost every input. It knows the way or so it seems. Instead of turning onto my street I went the other way and added a couple of miles to my trip. It was great to be alive.

SPIDERMAN

Re: Today
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

A gray cloudy day in NE Ohio w/ the wind out of the west and hovering around 50 degs. Damp from last nights cold front rains that passed through. Hopped on the red bike and took a spin up to the dealer. Had a burger, cup of coffee and shot the chit w/ some folks for awhile. Road home the same route. The colored leaves were falling in the breeze and traffic was light. The bike rumbled like a Harley should and responded to my almost every input. It knows the way or so it seems. Instead of turning onto my street I went the other way and added a couple of miles to my trip. It was great to be alive.

Fantastic opening. :2vrolijk_21:

I can't wait for the book to come out.

Keep us posted

B B

MikeD

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 04:36:34 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

A gray cloudy day in NE Ohio w/ the wind out of the west and hovering around 50 degs. Damp from last nights cold front rains that passed through. Hopped on the red bike and took a spin up to the dealer. Had a burger, cup of coffee and shot the chit w/ some folks for awhile. Road home the same route. The colored leaves were falling in the breeze and traffic was light. The bike rumbled like a Harley should and responded to my almost every input. It knows the way or so it seems. Instead of turning onto my street I went the other way and added a couple of miles to my trip.

There was a stretch of local twolane that ran beside the river for several miles and the effect of riding beside running water always had a calming effect on me. As I rode along the tranquility of the scenery worked it's magic on my nervous system and the trials and travails of modern life fell away like drops of water on a newly waxed Harley. I couldn't help but marvel at the Wa or balance of nature and man in how perfectly the potato potato rumble of my Harley fell into cadence with the current of the river beside me. Soon those couple miles added became 20 and then 30 as I lost track of time and became one with the machine, the road and nature.

Ok, somebody else write a paragraph and lets see if we can make a short story of this

B B

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:02:27 PM »

A gray cloudy day in NE Ohio w/ the wind out of the west and hovering around 50 degs. Damp from last nights cold front rains that passed through. Hopped on the red bike and took a spin up to the dealer. Had a burger, cup of coffee and shot the chit w/ some folks for awhile. Road home the same route. The colored leaves were falling in the breeze and traffic was light. The bike rumbled like a Harley should and responded to my almost every input. It knows the way or so it seems. Instead of turning onto my street I went the other way and added a couple of miles to my trip.

There was a stretch of local twolane that ran beside the river for several miles and the effect of riding beside running water always had a calming effect on me. As I rode along the tranquility of the scenery worked it's magic on my nervous system and the trials and travails of modern life fell away like drops of water on a newly waxed Harley. I couldn't help but marvel at the Wa or balance of nature and man in how perfectly the potato potato rumble of my Harley fell into cadence with the current of the river beside me. Soon those couple miles added became 20 and then 30 as I lost track of time and became one with the machine, the road and nature.

The sun was moving toward the horizion now and the aire becoming crisp with a hint of wood smoke. The thoughts of having a juicy steak with a great bottle of wine and a voluptuous redhead across the table are rampent as I turn toward the street I live on and thank the unverse for giving me the day and the Harley to enjoy it with, and of course the redhead!

Ok, somebody else write a paragraph and lets see if we can make a short story of this

B B

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

bikerman101

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 06:55:08 PM »

The wind wisps by my ears as the rumble of my bike echos through the hill side. The sun peeks out from behind the clouds to warm me slightly, just as I ride into a valley which drops the temp about 10 degrees. The road rises to meet me and seems to call to me to throttle up as I carve the curves. As the sunsets I think to myself, I am truly blessed.

BADBUD

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Lucy, 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: Lilly, 1962 Triumph Bonneville
    • Screw with me and you screw with the WHOLE trailer park
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 07:00:34 PM »

The wind wisps by my ears as the rumble of my bike echos through the hill side. The sun peeks out from behind the clouds to warm me slightly, just as I ride into a valley which drops the temp about 10 degrees. The road rises to meet me and seems to call to me to throttle up as I carve the curves. As the sunsets I think to myself, I am truly blessed.

WOW
I hate drunks when I'm sober----------
and sobers when I'm drunk.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 07:26:20 PM »

"The wind wisps by my ears as the rumble of my bike echos through the hill side. The sun peeks out from behind the clouds to warm me slightly, just as I ride into a valley which drops the temp about 10 degrees. The road rises to meet me and seems to call to me to throttle up as I carve the curves. As the sunsets I think to myself, I am truly blessed." (bikerman101)

As I turn into my neighborhood I see the sun going down in the west over the lake surrounded by trees showing their fall colors. The water is so calm I get a reflection that looks like a mirror image of what lies on the shore. There is a bald eagle flying overhead, circling as if he could tell I was flying as freely as he was. I decided to keep riding, heading through my neighborhood, past my neighbors out mowing the lawn, raking the leaves or other fall chores while I blissfully rode by, oblivious to their envious stares.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »

Trying to get this right:

The sun was moving toward the horizion now and the aire becoming crisp with a hint of wood smoke. The thoughts of having a juicy steak with a great bottle of wine and a voluptuous redhead across the table are rampent as I turn toward the street I live on and thank the unverse for giving me the day and the Harley to enjoy it with, and of course the redhead!

"The wind wisps by my ears as the rumble of my bike echos through the hill side. The sun peeks out from behind the clouds to warm me slightly, just as I ride into a valley which drops the temp about 10 degrees. The road rises to meet me and seems to call to me to throttle up as I carve the curves. As the sunsets I think to myself, I am truly blessed." (bikerman101)

As I turn into my neighborhood I see the sun going down in the west over the lake surrounded by trees showing their fall colors. The water is so calm I get a reflection that looks like a mirror image of what lies on the shore. There is a bald eagle flying overhead, circling as if he could tell I was flying as freely as he was. I decided to keep riding, heading through my neighborhood, past my neighbors out mowing the lawn, raking the leaves or other fall chores while I blissfully rode by, oblivious to their envious stares.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 12:38:17 AM »

And so the sun sets on a perfect day. Because the love of a man and a woman cannot be described in words that we can post on this family site we will fade to black on today as he turns into his driveway , but hopefully a new writer will take up the story at dawn and we will write the second day of our brother's adventures. This is fun and the way Buy early did it by copying the previous posts and adding to them makes the story read continuously for those who come upon this thread now and later so if you post your contribution, do it in that style. At the end, we might have several pages we can send off to The Enthusiast or something similar. Yeah, yeah yeah, it's corny, but admit it, in your heart of hearts where nobody but you sees, you believe it, you live it, you love it

B B

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 09:43:29 AM »

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

In my heart of hearts, I knew I should end this perfect journey that joins soul, spirit and mind in a perfect symphony of sights, smells and sounds; such was not the case. I proceeded past my driveway as neighboring faces pressed against their glass windows, breaths fogging the glass as if to obscure the vision of this poetry in motion, man and machine together…those busy raking leaves, mowing, trimming bushes all gave pause. You could see it in their eyes, the allure of the road. The boyish part of me gave way to a large grin of contentment. I twisted the throttle and accelerated off with a throaty roar of v-twin power. The day had not yet ended, for
the yearn to ride on grew.

Without setting a destination, I rode past the sea of houses and gained ground toward the open road. Tossing my watch a wink, I knew that time was irrelevant.
The scenery again grew into a melding of wild, unclaimed territory that no picture could do justice. A slight waterfall cascading over into an inviting pool of the clearest of water, foothills giving way to the majestic mountains that lay beyond. Off in the distance, I could see the eagle flying high, giving voice over his domain with a proud cry of glory.

Up ahead, a large wooden building came into view. Parked in front were numerous two-wheeled conveyances of various styling. I knew my first destination had been reached…
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »

Although I am sure most of the CVO members have already seen/heard this, just for the few who have not, please check out this video. It says it all....and echoes beautifully the opening paragraph of this thread..It can be found on YouTube and search for "Open Road".

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »

Although I am sure most of the CVO members have already seen/heard this, just for the few who have not, please check out this video. It says it all....and echoes beautifully the opening paragraph of this thread..It can be found on YouTube and search for "Open Road".

Abby

A great video!
A keeper for sure!
Thanks

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 06:31:00 PM »

Zwarte - a kick ass band that is at Sturgis each year....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 26 queries.