Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: How to deal...???  (Read 4357 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: How to deal...???
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2008, 09:19:47 PM »

Michael,

So sorry for your loss. 

I have not yet had to experience what you are going through, so I can't say that I understand or that I know what you are going through.  I still have both of my parents and I thank God for both of them.  None of us are promised tomorrow, and the loss of your mother should remind all of us to make the most of each day with the ones that we love.

I do know that, as mentioned above, there is peace and comfort available, even when we feel so helpless.  I pray that God will bring peace and comfort to you and your family.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »

Michael,

Thank you for sharing your loss, I feel for you brother...know that the pain in your hear will heal with time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep alive the fond memories, celebrate her life, and know she has a place in heaven.

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

I have nothing more to add to the already great advice on this sad topic.  All I can say is that from our home, we send to you a wish for you to find the peace, get over the pain and enjoy the memories.  We are very sorry for your loss.  For us, we've each lost one of our parents, it is just day to day.  Some better than others, some easier than others, but the loss is always felt.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »

I am not a regular on this site and don't really know most of you, but I have had some fun on here and talked to some knowledgable people and have learned alot here. This post is just me trying to find a way to just say something in a way, I guess, I don't know!! I've been wanting to post something about this for awhile now, but it was tough for me to deal with this for awhile, but I guess now is a good time as any I guess!!

My Mom died a few months back, she was only 61. We knew she wasn't in the best of health, but it still was a shocker to come so quickly!! We are a small family, so it was tough!! I took it pretty hard for awhile because I just didn't know how to deal with something like that, (I guess no one does!) I still am not to sure on some days of what to say or do with my thoughts & feelings, but I guess thats how it works!!

My Mom was a big fan of the bikes, she supported me through my motocross years when I was younger and she loved all the Harleys!!

Growing up I know I wasn't the best son to her, in fact, I let her and my father down many times, but these last few years were great and I will always remember them with her!!    
 I know that I am not the only one in life who has lost a loved one , but I just am not to sure on how to handle it on some days!! life is so much different now!! 

I could never do for anyone what my Mom has done for me, Thanks for everything Mom, I will always remember!!

:angel: :angel:

Michael :sad2:

Mike sorry to hear about you loss.

The great things about mom's is they somehow forget or put to the back of their minds the things we did that weren't that great. The fact that you and she shared great time over the last few years probably stood out over anything you did in the past. Heck, I think all of us, if really honest, did thing to our parents we wish we could take back.

Craig

AMP

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »

Most sincere condolences from Wes and Pam. We have both lost a parent and it is indescribably heart breaking.

Take good care of yourself and your family,
Pam and Wes

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »

Michael,
Sorry for your loss, It is never easy to loose a family member. Like others have said, just take it one day at a time and eventually the good memories will overshadow your bad ones.
Our thoughts and prayers will be for you and your family.

David

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »

Micheal,
I am really sorry for your loss.
There is never much that can be said to alleviate the pain. Take one day at a time.
The pain never leaves completely, but you learn to carry on for that is what She would expect.
You live your life as best you can in Honor of her.

"I could never do for anyone what my Mom has done for me" You may very well surprise yourself

I lost my mother 7 years ago at the age of 67 and what I discovered in her passing was she was the hub of our family.
I had never realized how much She directed/filtered/demanded/expected of her children to keep us together.
So we lost a vital component to our family.
It is hard work and thankless at times to get everyone to remember that all we have is each other.

Michael,
I Just want you to know that of all the things that I chose to remember about my kids is never their shortcomings,  it is all about the string of events (success's and failures) that make them unique and special.

Jeff

« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:59:24 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

straightshoooter

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2001 SERG BLUE/BLUE
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 05:27:32 PM »

I am not a regular on this site and don't really know most of you, but I have had some fun on here and talked to some knowledgable people and have learned alot here. This post is just me trying to find a way to just say something in a way, I guess, I don't know!! I've been wanting to post something about this for awhile now, but it was tough for me to deal with this for awhile, but I guess now is a good time as any I guess!!

My Mom died a few months back, she was only 61. We knew she wasn't in the best of health, but it still was a shocker to come so quickly!! We are a small family, so it was tough!! I took it pretty hard for awhile because I just didn't know how to deal with something like that, (I guess no one does!) I still am not to sure on some days of what to say or do with my thoughts & feelings, but I guess thats how it works!!

My Mom was a big fan of the bikes, she supported me through my motocross years when I was younger and she loved all the Harleys!!

Growing up I know I wasn't the best son to her, in fact, I let her and my father down many times, but these last few years were great and I will always remember them with her!!   

Michael, I lost my mom to brain cancer, she battled it for 18 months, she was only 56.  She raised 5 children me being the oldest.  I rode bikes and raced motocross for years with her support.  The best advice I can give you is don't try and put it behind you too soon.  The grieving process takes a long time, especially when it comes to your mother.  Mentally you will get stronger over time.  She wants you to be happy.  Hang in there.

I know that I am not the only one in life who has lost a loved one , but I just am not to sure on how to handle it on some days!! life is so much different now!! 

I could never do for anyone what my Mom has done for me, Thanks for everything Mom, I will always remember!!

"HE WHO LOSES WEALTH LOSES MUCH; HE WHO LOSES A FRIEND LOSES MORE; BUT HE THAT LOSES COURAGE LOSES ALL."

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 10:18:13 PM »

Hey, I am totally blown away by all of your responses, THANKS ALOT for sharing them!! I was unsure if I should even post anything, but now I am glad I did!!

Alot of you have suffered loses as well and I am sorry. I know it is a part of life that all of us go through at one point or another, but it sure isn't easy, thats for sure!!

Thanks alot again for the support, that is really cool!! Hopefully soon I will get out on some road trips and start meeting some of you guys & gals from here!!

Thanks again for the support,
                                                                                    SirMichael       :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 12:37:10 PM »

Mi amigo Michael.......sorry for the loss of your mom.....my prayers are with you and your family. God bless her... :'(

Jorge

tommyo

• Throttles on the right!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »

Sorry my friend! I loved your mom as well. Sir Mike has a one of a kid family. They will do anything for you at any time! His dad took care of me at the motocross races and borrows me his tools all the time, His sister was like a sister to me and his mom loved all mikes friends as if they were her own kids.( me included) She was a great grandmother of two awesome grandkids.

She had been sick on and off for a while. I'm sure put up with alot of pain at times. She never stopped being Sir Mikes mom though... good and bad times!!!

I do miss her and can't imagine what is going on in Mikes head. I have been fortunate enough that I haven't lost and immediate family member yet.

During this time it (I) put a little distance on our friendship. I couldn't be there for him during his need for a friend... I messed up really bad on this one! He was there day and night for me during my divorce yet I slipped up on the return favor. I am SORRY Mike and I hope that one day you find it in your heart to forgive me. We have been friends for a long time now and hope that we can continue. Take all the time you need and if it never comes about... I want you to know that I am sorry and will continue thinking of you as my friend. 

God Speed to Bonnie... I miss her!

Tommy O
When in doubt... GAS it!!!

Starting over!!

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. It's always hard to lose a parent. I lost my dad in 2002 on New years. He had been sick for a long time with COPD.Still, I wasn't prepared to lose him. In fact, I almost joined him myself a month later. Thanks to the good Lord above I didn't go through with it. He intervened just in time. I found that my Heavenly Father could and did heal my broken heart over the loss of my dad. I will be praying for you and that God will give you strength and comfort to get through this heartbreak. Like you I never really knew how much I loved and appreciated my dad until he was gone. I felt alot of guilt and anger towards myself for not being there when he needed me the most. But like I said, God got me through it all. I always thought I was so tough and that nothing could touch me but I was wrong. Jusr remember, you have a Heavenly Father that loves you and wants you to ask him for help and healing. He will gladly give it to you. Please let me know if there is anything I can pray about for you. God bless.

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 09:26:07 PM »

Michael,
here is a scripture for you. God bless.

Miss Kitty

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children fo men put their trust
under the shadow of thy wings. Psalm 36:7

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 07:52:02 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. It's always hard to lose a parent. I lost my dad in 2002 on New years. He had been sick for a long time with COPD.Still, I wasn't prepared to lose him. In fact, I almost joined him myself a month later. Thanks to the good Lord above I didn't go through with it. He intervened just in time. I found that my Heavenly Father could and did heal my broken heart over the loss of my dad. I will be praying for you and that God will give you strength and comfort to get through this heartbreak. Like you I never really knew how much I loved and appreciated my dad until he was gone. I felt alot of guilt and anger towards myself for not being there when he needed me the most. But like I said, God got me through it all. I always thought I was so tough and that nothing could touch me but I was wrong. Jusr remember, you have a Heavenly Father that loves you and wants you to ask him for help and healing. He will gladly give it to you. Please let me know if there is anything I can pray about for you. God bless.

Miss Kitty
Thanks for the support, I havn't been on the site for awhile, I didn't see your post until now.

Live is alot different now that is for sure!!

Thanks again,
                                                 SirMichael :vrolijk_10:

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »

Michael,

Sorry for the loss of your mom, I know it has to be tough, but hang in there, she would want you to be strong.  I was raised by my grandparents and I can tell you the day Pop died I felt like someone ripped my heart out.  Mom followed within a year, they were married 65 years and had a good life together.  Never had any family member to be close to, mother was divorced either at work or on a date, dad was not around, met him when I was 13, he threatened to kill me at 16 so I never saw him again till he died 6 years later.  Be thankful of the good time and close relationship you shared and think of the good times you spent together.

We will say a prayer for your mom.  You have tons of good memories, focus on them and she will still make you smile.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 24 queries.