Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: How to deal...???  (Read 4358 times)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
How to deal...???
« on: October 26, 2008, 02:20:27 AM »

I am not a regular on this site and don't really know most of you, but I have had some fun on here and talked to some knowledgable people and have learned alot here. This post is just me trying to find a way to just say something in a way, I guess, I don't know!! I've been wanting to post something about this for awhile now, but it was tough for me to deal with this for awhile, but I guess now is a good time as any I guess!!

My Mom died a few months back, she was only 61. We knew she wasn't in the best of health, but it still was a shocker to come so quickly!! We are a small family, so it was tough!! I took it pretty hard for awhile because I just didn't know how to deal with something like that, (I guess no one does!) I still am not to sure on some days of what to say or do with my thoughts & feelings, but I guess thats how it works!!

My Mom was a big fan of the bikes, she supported me through my motocross years when I was younger and she loved all the Harleys!!

Growing up I know I wasn't the best son to her, in fact, I let her and my father down many times, but these last few years were great and I will always remember them with her!!   

I know that I am not the only one in life who has lost a loved one , but I just am not to sure on how to handle it on some days!! life is so much different now!! 

I could never do for anyone what my Mom has done for me, Thanks for everything Mom, I will always remember!!

:angel: :angel:

Michael :sad2:

« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 02:25:58 AM by SirMichael113 »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: How to deal...???
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 02:26:51 AM »

I am not a regular on this site and don't really know most of you, but I have had some fun on here and talked to some knowledgable people and have learned alot here. This post is just me tring to find away to just say something in away, I guess, I don't know!! I've been wanting to post something about this for awhile now, but was it was tough for me to deal with this for awhile, but I guess now is a good time as any I guess!!

My Mom died a few months back, she was only 61. We knew she wasn't in the best of health, but it still was a shocker to come so quickly!! We are a small family, so it was tough!! I took it pretty hard for awhile because I just didn't know how to deal with something like that, (I guess no one does!) I still am not to sure on some days of what to say or do with my thoughts & feelings, but I guess thats how it works!!

My Mom was a big fan of the bikes, she supported me through my motocross years when I was younger and she loved all the Harleys!!

Growing up I know I wasn't the best son to her, in fact, I let her and my father down many times, but these last few years were great and I will always remember them with her!!   

I know that I am not the only one in life who has lost a loved one , but I just am not to sure on how to handle it on some days!! life is so much different now!! 

I could never do for anyone what my Mom has done for me, Thanks for everything Mom, I will always remember!!

:angel: :angel:

Michael :sad2:

Sorry for your loss Mike. Don't feel guilty, celebrate her life. I lost mine today. I know how you feel. But they moved on and want us to do the same. Let their lives influence the rest of ours.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 02:31:57 AM »

Sorry for your loss Mike. Don't feel guilty, celebrate her life. I lost mine today. I know how you feel. But they moved on and want us to do the same. Let their lives influence the rest of ours.

Hoist! 8)
Thanks, sorry about your loss as well.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:17:44 AM »

Mike,

Lost my mom last June so I know a bit about what you are going through. I try to focus on the good times because, God knows, I let my mom down at times as well. She was always forgiving and I know she wouldn't want me to focus on the tough times.

Grieving is a part of the process of losing a loved one. Don't fight the tears, just don't wallow around in them. I am sure your mom brought tons of love and happiness into this world. That should bring you joy as well.

Hope you make it through this transition period with happy memories intact!

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »

Michael,

I lost my Mom last Dec. eleven days before her birthday. It was so very painful, so I understand your hurt. It brought my family closer together and we all shared so many memories that it almost seemed as though she was with us....and she was in spirit. I also let her down in my youth, but I know that she always loved me, no matter what, as I'm sure your Mom did. Shed the tears, as it does help, and also rejoice in the memories. The hurt may fade some but never the memories!
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »

MICHAEL,  sorry to hear of your loss and hoist's also. i found keeping a lot of pictures around helps alot.
  i keep a picture of my dad over my tool box at work on his police motor from 1959 and when somebody asks
  who's that in the picture? i proudly say my dad.   take care my friend, I'll say a prayer. axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 12:03:35 PM »

there is no right or wrong way to deal, keep a few pics close by and remember the good times u had 2gether, my dad rode british bikes but i never had the chance to ride with him, he is in a home now suffering with alzheimers, he is always laughing away in his own little world. As i say remember the good times.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 02:50:12 PM »

Sorry to learn of the loss of your mother, Michael.  It is one of the hardest things one has to endure, but it is part of living.  How to deal??  What you are doing now is a good way to deal...  Sharing your thoughts and feelings with others - hearing their stories - and remembering all the positives that your Mom brought to your life.  Don't dwell on any negatives - focus on the good things - and know that your Mom wants you to have a happy and fulfilled life.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 04:59:02 PM »

Michael,
Sorry for the pain your holding onto. Yes, been there done that. The memory I carry the most of mom was of her lying in the hospital, she looked at me and said:
 Sorry that I am putting you through all of this.
My reply:
 Your just getting me back for what I put you through when I was 13.
The smile on her face puts tears in my eyes as I type this and a big smile on my face for the man she built me into.
 Miss you mom.

The Gooch

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 05:12:53 PM »

Michael, 5 years ago (in a few days) my mom died at 62, unexpectedly from blood clotting. My nephew (3 at the time, died the year before when he got out of the car by himself and ran into the road). This happened within 2 days of that date.....I am talking about  OCTOBER 30TH. My sister, whom I love very much cursed God for letting this happen. When my mom died, I KNOW that I was not the best son either (must be a biker thing right??) we actually were right for the last 3 years and I thank God for that!!

Some folks have given great guidance on the healing process in here, but I don't see anyone as of yet talking about God's plan. If you or anyone that reads this post is not a believer, please do not take offense, I am only sharing with you the love I have personally experianced as a grown man in times of hearache, pain, war, my recent motorcycle accident that has left me temporarily crippled, and even in times of joy....I'm not talking about his judgement, the need for a person hurting to look inwardly, or the stupid idea that somehow this could be your fault. I am talking about the fact that we do not know God's plan, but we can be at peace, as we DO know that he has given us the ability to grieve and for that pain to pass.  As I said to someone recently in a different post, only time will heal the pain that you all feel today.....over time there will be good and bad days, but rest assured that in HIS time the pain will subside and in it's place, wonderful memories celebrating your mom will embrace you in the most unique and unusual ways......celebrate the life of mom, don't use the date of her passing or her birth as a holiday or sorts where you become bitter or judgemental because of the loss.....this has happened with my sister and it has clouded her ability to realize that in the death of her son, she and her husband were lead to the decision to again have kids and they were blessed with a boy and a girl.....something that never would have come had Zach not passed. We can't presume to know or ever understand why either of our moms passed at such a young age, but we can relish in the fact that the good days will always touch us in ways we never expect!
Gulf War Veteran
USCG PSU 301
Assigned IMEF - Jubail S.A.

VFW Member
Patriot Guard Rider

As Iron Sharpens Iron, So One Man Sharpens Another.
Proverbs 27:17

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 06:16:11 PM »

Michael,
You'll always have some pain,but with w/ time, memories and photos, it does get easier.  I wasn't the best daughter and I've been making up for it to my mom since my pops passed away 10 years ago.  When I got pregnant w/ our first born, Wrongway (Dave ) was hoping for a girl.  I said no way, I didn't want a girl since I knew what I was like growing up.  Right away I knew w/ the second pregnancy that it was another boy. Whew!!  But now we do have a granddaughter who will be 3 years old on the 29th and boy is she a pistol. I know my dad is up there in heaven right now laughing his butt off at me & that is what gets me through my days.  I know he's up there enjoying life which is better for him, he's not suffering anymore.  If it helps you any, write your mom letters telling her what you couldn't tell her before, or any thoughts & feelings that you have and put them away in a drawer and know you're at peace with Mom.

Donna

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 06:30:29 PM »

I always feel a bit awkward in posting on a thread like this when I don't personally know the people involved. And then I realize that this website is made up of thousands of others like myself who come here on common ground to share their lives with each other. And while it seems so impersonal to someone who has never been a part of anything like this, to many of us, it is very personal and very real. And so as I read this thread, I am reminded of my own recent loss and how many of you reached out to me and how it comforted me. So I say to you Sir Michael, my sincere condolences on your loss. I hope that while you grieve you also celebrate all that was good about your Mom.  And as time goes on and the pain fades you will see her influence on your life when you least expect it and realize that she isn't really gone at all, changed in shape and form but still very much with you in spirit.

God Bless
            B B

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 08:20:52 PM »

Michael, I am sorry the hear about the loss of your Mother. I send my sincere condonences to you and your family. Grieving is a part of the healing process and is a reminder to each of us of how valuable life truely is. We should remember to never take life for granted and also remember to show those that we love our appreciation that they are a part of our life. Thank you for sharing the news of your Mothers passing with us. God Bless.

Texas Lurker

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »

So sorry to hear this. I still have both my parents here with me,but I have lost a Brother & a Son , both at way too early a age. My Brother had been Ill for some time & we were expecting his passing (it was still extremely hard to deal with). On the other hand my Son was taken from me without any warning. I would've gladly traded places with him but I didn't have that opportunity. Remember all the good times, & when you think of the sad times, just know they're in a better place no worries, illnesses or heartache. When you're sad ask God to help you , He will. It's ok we don't personally know each member here 'cause we are all Brothers & Sisters. Good luck to Ya & may God bless you & yours.          Linny

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 08:33:57 PM »

"Thanks for everything Mom, I will always remember!!"

Sir Michael,
You said it all in 8 words.
God Bless!
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 24 queries.