Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Rider Almost Down  (Read 4772 times)

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
Re: Rider Almost Down
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »

Thanks, guys! Still limping a little, go back to the Doc today. Not sure if I'm having the ACL repaired or not. Probably wait another month, it has been improving all the time, but still feels a little unstable at times.

Thanks again, don't think the wife will fall for that. She was really gratefull the days after it happened, telling everyone she was glad I saves us from a fall, but in the same breath she said he was just worried about his bike!  ::) :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

Don't push it Craig.  Being pigheaded is a male defective gene.  I know, I have it.  Let it heal properly.
  Concerning the other thing.  Come on bro.  Put some drama into it.  You know like when you convinced her the CVO was necessary.  Correct her about the bike.  "The bike was the furthest thing from my mind.  They make them everyday, but you are an original."  Man I shoulda been a writer. 

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2009, 10:52:59 AM »

Thanks, guys! Still limping a little, go back to the Doc today. Not sure if I'm having the ACL repaired or not. Probably wait another month, it has been improving all the time, but still feels a little unstable at times.

Thanks again, don't think the wife will fall for that. She was really gratefull the days after it happened, telling everyone she was glad I saves us from a fall, but in the same breath she said he was just worried about his bike!  ::) :2vrolijk_21:

Craig

Craig, don't have the surgery unless you're a skier.  Straight ahead movement of the knee (walking, jogging, biking etc.) does not require an intact ACL but if you do anything like skiing, volleyball, softball ect. you'll need the lateral stability of a surgically repaired ACL.  Good luck.  It's a tough surgery to recover from.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »

Craig, don't have the surgery unless you're a skier.  Straight ahead movement of the knee (walking, jogging, biking etc.) does not require an intact ACL but if you do anything like skiing, volleyball, softball ect. you'll need the lateral stability of a surgically repaired ACL.  Good luck.  It's a tough surgery to recover from.

Jim, I agree, my doctor said even if you ski, you probably don't need the ACL, he said there are world class skiers that have torn ACL's and not had anything done. He said it different with every person, but he said that you can cause more damage to you knee doing the ACL repair than not having the ACL. He says that usually the other ligaments will strengthen and take over most of the stability lost by the torn ACL. I've know this guy for over 20 years, friend of the family, so I trust what he says. I'm not in a hurry, tired of the limp, but some days I am almost back to normal, what ever that was. :P

Craig

vha03

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 11:33:37 AM »

Here is a cheap and easy way to have ABS without the $$ associated with it. Hope you get better.

www.tcbbrakesystems.com

Tell Mark that angel sent you.

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »

:o They make this tcb system sound great.  Anybody have one? :' ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.