Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: windshield advice for '08 SERK  (Read 2328 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
windshield advice for '08 SERK
« on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:03 PM »

Obviously the stock windshield on the '08 serk looks incredible, but not much good for blocking wind.  Can you all give me feedback on the available windshields for the SERK?  I am thinking about the mid-low windshield, part number 58325-06.  I am 5' 9", how will this one be? 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: windshield advice for '08 SERK
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:21:17 AM »

Obviously the stock windshield on the '08 serk looks incredible, but not much good for blocking wind.  Can you all give me feedback on the available windshields for the SERK?  I am thinking about the mid-low windshield, part number 58325-06.  I am 5' 9", how will this one be? 

Mid-low was just right, and so is the 17" Clearview. I bought the mid-low to get the 5-hole W/S assembly and, use the tinted Clearview in it. I'm 5-9 also. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:51:45 AM »

Howie nailed it! I'm also in the 5'9" area. Using the HD mid-low P/N 58325-06. It's just right for me.

Browner

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 11:43:21 AM »

5-11 and using a tinted 17" Clearview with recurve. Perfect!

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:21:24 PM »

Right at 6' and when I take the fairing off I use the 17" tinted Clearview recurve
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:35:34 PM »

I'm 5-11" and have a Clearview 17". IMO I think mine is to short. The stock seat has me back further than I like. So I feel the buffeting still, just not has much. When I get closer to the shield and duck just alittle it works perfect. Doing this puts my nose right above the curve. I suggest you go to the dealer and sit on a bike similiar or just like yours and see what you think. They definetly are not cheap no matter which way you go. The measurements found on clearview will help you out; thats once again JMO.

Good luck, at least with a windshield you can sometimes afford to smile.  :D :nixweiss:
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »

I had some deciding to do on this subject last year and finally went for the Clearview 19" (I'm 6' 0") Tinted recurve windshield. I have to say it has been great - 14,500 mile since then and no probs.

Here's the link to the thread i started when I was looking.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=11992.0

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 08:52:18 AM »

Howie nailed it! I'm also in the 5'9" area. Using the HD mid-low P/N 58325-06. It's just right for me.

Man that's nice.  Windshield on my 02 FLHR is showing it's age.  Time to investigate another clearview.  Does Clearview send just the windshield without the frame work, or do they make the whole kit and kaboodle?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »

Man that's nice.  Windshield on my 02 FLHR is showing it's age.  Time to investigate another clearview.  Does Clearview send just the windshield without the frame work, or do they make the whole kit and kaboodle?

Just the Lexan Henry. You use your stock frame and hardware. ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »

Just the Lexan Henry. You use your stock frame and hardware. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks for the quick help, Howie.  One more possibly stupid question.  Does the Lexan come predrilled, and if so, are the holes "spot-on," or are "adjustments" required?  Thanks.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 12:02:22 PM »

Thanks for the quick help, Howie.  One more possibly stupid question.  Does the Lexan come predrilled, and if so, are the holes "spot-on," or are "adjustments" required?  Thanks.

Clearview does a good job. Just swap it out. Your RK has the standard 5-hole frame. The SERK has the 7-hole frame. You might like the 18" instead of the 17". You're a lil taller than me. ;)

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 01:45:44 PM »

Clearview does a good job. Just swap it out. Your RK has the standard 5-hole frame. The SERK has the 7-hole frame. You might like the 18" instead of the 17". You're a lil taller than me. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Thanks again.  Time to go shopping for some new Lexan for the FLHR.

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 07:34:20 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
My RK has a nine hole frame; 5 across the middle and 2 on each side.  Is that stock? 

Henry

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:01 PM »

Howie,
My RK has a nine hole frame; 5 across the middle and 2 on each side.  Is that stock? 

Henry
I believe so Henry.  :oops: wrong Howie  :nixweiss: :drink: :huepfenlol2:

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »

I believe so Henry.  :oops: wrong Howie  :nixweiss: :drink: :huepfenlol2:

:ROFLOL:

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.