Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Please Review  (Read 10957 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Please Review
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »

I hear to keep the lubed w/Vaseline! True? And no wise-ass comments! :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
As hot as my SEEG runs, the vaseline wouldn't last 8 blocks before dripping out.  :(  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Wildrat

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008, 09:21:09 PM »

There are other lubes much better than vas. for putting on the o-ring. I don't remember the name at the moment. I will try to remember. We used it on o-rings on the jets. The stuff was something else, high temp, clear, extremely sticky and slippery. I don't think they sell it in California for obvious reasons. :cucumber:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »

I hear to keep the lubed w/Vaseline! True? And no wise-ass comments! :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

I've forgotten the name of the product at the moment.  But the best stuff I've ever used to treat o-rings, weatherstrip or other like rubber products for long duration survival is something from the dive shop.  Used on SCUBA and other dive gear. 

It's going to bug me until I remember the name.  But not enough to make me get off the couch and go look in the garage for it.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »

But not enough to make me get off the couch and go look in the garage for it.

At least you said garage instead of bathroom!

::)            ::)            ::)           ::)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2008, 10:26:03 PM »

At least you said garage instead of bathroom!

::)            ::)            ::)           ::)

Quit making me laugh!  :huepfenlol2:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2008, 10:37:07 PM »

Speeeeuuuwwwwww!   ;D  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »

This was WAY too easy!!! ::) ;D ;D ;D :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »

I've forgotten the name of the product at the moment.  But the best stuff I've ever used to treat o-rings, weatherstrip or other like rubber products for long duration survival is something from the dive shop.  Used on SCUBA and other dive gear. 

It's going to bug me until I remember the name.  But not enough to make me get off the couch and go look in the garage for it.

They sell it at most any pool supply store, Wal-mart, it;s lube  for O rings on filters, etc:  Works great and and since it's not petroleum based it will preserve the O-Rings    Trying to find  a tube around here..so I can get you a name >>> Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Wildrat

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2008, 09:44:14 AM »

Loctite 29710 Krytox® RFE PFPE High Perfomance Lubricant

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 06:25:43 PM »

I replaced the stock hose with this...  One mounted on the tank permanently and a second to use if I want to drain the tank...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chromed-Brass-Fuel-Quick-Disconnect-Harley-Crossover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ310088800640QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Well that guy was extremely prompt with the Quick Disconnect. Got it today. Part looks nice too! Thanks guys!

And this was included, his instructions on lubing your O-Ring! :o ??? ::) :-[ ;D ;)

"In an effort to help protect this product we recommend that  you use a small amount of silicone spray on the O-Rings of the Quick Disconnect before you install it and each time you disconnect it."

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »

Well that guy was extremely prompt with the Quick Disconnect. Got it today. Part looks nice too! Thanks guys!

And this was included, his instructions on lubing your O-Ring! :o ??? ::) :-[ ;D ;)

"In an effort to help protect this product we recommend that  you use a small amount of silicone spray on the O-Rings of the Quick Disconnect before you install it and each time you disconnect it."

Hoist! 8)

It is a quality piece, isn't it Howie...  The other nice part of using the quick disconnect is if you get a second one, it is an extremely easy and drip free method of draining a tank...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Wildrat

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »

When you ordered did you get confirmation from him, or did the parts just show up?
I ordered two 5/16 QD's, one for each bike. I will order a couple more later on and install on the main fuel line, then it will be a quick removal for the tank. I might see if they have threaded ones also instead of push on and use them on the crash bar oil cooler.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »

When you ordered did you get confirmation from him, or did the parts just show up?
I ordered two 5/16 QD's, one for each bike. I will order a couple more later on and install on the main fuel line, then it will be a quick removal for the tank. I might see if they have threaded ones also instead of push on and use them on the crash bar oil cooler.

No confirmation. It just showed up. With a business card. Coyote-Gear.com, Bill Hower. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Wildrat

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 07:19:24 PM »

I got a confirmation from the fuel QD guy today, saying the QD's got posted yesterday, now it's in the hands of the government.
On another note. I received all the parts for the two bikes today from M&M, and Magnecor. I won't be able to start the fun till after Christmas. I just found out today I will be in Hilton Head, SC for Christmas. We are riding the bikes, hopefully it won't be to cool, because the titanium in my back starts binding up and creaking when it's cold.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:30:52 PM by Wildrat »

Wildrat

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

I received my OD's today and they are nice. I like the way the two parts separate when the release is pushed, now I need two more so I can put one on the engine fuel feed line.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.