Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: As Y'all Know....  (Read 2394 times)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
Re: As Y'all Know....
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 07:43:56 AM »

Hey Kathy - like the new Avatar!  :pumpkin:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Wildrat

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »

Her idea of turning a wrench is to say "I want to do it" then gets a vise grip and head toward the car or bike knowing she has not got a clue and also knowing that I won't be far behind to prevent a disaster. For instance this is one of the most memorable incidents. I was on call for work. She decided she wanted french doors for the bedroom. I tell why don't you wait till I am off. Oh no, she could not wait. So I got called in and when I finally got home and was wore out, I walk in the house to discover she has rented one of those gas powered cement cutting saws and the top of the wall was ready to fall sown and the opening was too big and, and, and... needless to say my day had not ended. Linda is not afraid to do things, well except ride her bike on anything but concrete and asphalt, but if there are a couple pieces of gravel on it she will park her bike down the street a mike or so, or park along a busy road in Arkansas on a hill. When we first met she was a city girl, now she has decided that she likes all my hobbies and has deserted her let's get together on Wednesday women in their mid thirties not married group. I guess my life style was more interesting. Linda is a never ending source of entertainment for me though. I did notice one thing about the lift, I have to put it together, or rather my youngest son has to put it together and I will supervise to make sure there are no extra parts. He is 24 and and has half my personality, the older has the other half. So the younger has the artistic, common sense, and the get drunk/high till your out of your mind side, drawback is he gets bored when he does the same thing to long, but he does an excellent job up until that bored point. Thanks for your input you all!

Wildrat

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »

I got the lift today. My son and I had a heck of a time getting it in the garage, he had to do all the lifting. It weighs 700+ pounds. It looks like a pretty good lift even if it is made in the PRC. It has a pneumatic pump on it along with a foot pump. It works pretty good. It also has the part that moves away so you can work on the rear wheel. You need a small lift to support the bike, then you can pop the wheel off or turn the wheel. It raises up pretty high, and it has the sides you can slip on to make it wider. It also seems pretty solid. It has four wheels that you can extend to roll it around. I did not see that till after my son got it in the garage. All I need now is some parts to come in.

Wildrat

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »

The lift is all set up in the garage and ready to go! I am glad it has the pneumatic pump. I pumped it by foot about 5 times and I quit. If my back was OK it would not be an issue. If someone else gets a lift I would suggest getting one with the pneumatic pump if available. It goes up much faster.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »

The lift is all set up in the garage and ready to go! I am glad it has the pneumatic pump. I pumped it by foot about 5 times and I quit. If my back was OK it would not be an issue. If someone else gets a lift I would suggest getting one with the pneumatic pump if available. It goes up much faster.

The redundancy isn't a bad idea at all though.  Might get a bike down someday when otherwise be waiting on some repair.  My stupid trick with the lift has been a couple of times having its left front wheel roll over the air line.  Then she don't go up or down until you find a big pry bar to lift the whole thing up and off the air line.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 12:30:17 AM »

The redundancy isn't a bad idea at all though.  Might get a bike down someday when otherwise be waiting on some repair.  My stupid trick with the lift has been a couple of times having its left front wheel roll over the air line.  Then she don't go up or down until you find a big pry bar to lift the whole thing up and off the air line.

:huepfenlol2:

Laughing with you one this one.....Has happened several times to me over the years....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 12:56:37 AM »

:huepfenlol2:

Laughing with you one this one.....Has happened several times to me over the years....

My first reaction each time has been to wonder who might be watching....  Then I find the pry bar ::) .

Wildrat

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 09:24:52 AM »

In my case it will be me standing on the hose wondering why it won't go up.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 09:32:41 AM »

Congtradulation on the lift you have a fine woman.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Wildrat

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:03 AM »

Thanks!

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:58 AM »

Get her something nice for Christmas.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 11:11:18 AM »

Get her something nice for Christmas.

I second the, "Get her something nice for Christmas" idea.

Mine doesn't go up that high and it's a foot pump, but it sure beats working on a low center lift and you've got that BIG work bench right in front of you while you're working.

Be careful and have fun.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Wildrat

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »

I'll be careful. Until I get some parts from M&M it's a pretty pile of metal in the garage. She will get something for Christmas just don't know what yet. She says the lift, the parts and all is our Christmas, but you know that's not true, she will have something for me so I better have something for her. If by chance she is telling the truth this time and does not get me something and I get her something she will feel badly and I will reap the benefits again as usual.  Plus my birthday is coming up shortly after Christmas so I will be getting all kinda toys, that's if our crooked legal system does not put me in jail the day before.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 04:12:27 PM »

Hey Kathy - like the new Avatar!  :pumpkin:

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 20 queries.